Feeling lucky? How about a barrel full of 5.56?

On 2/3/2021 at 5:34 PM, Garufa said:

What is the weight of a single 5.56 round?

Man, if聽won that, I鈥檇 haul it down to the gun show with a scoop, grocery store scale, and a bunch of plastic baggies. 聽Sell it by weight. 聽Could probably make $20,000. 聽馃槃

After I win this, I'll probably do something similar, except auction off the baggies on Gunbroker instead ...

37 minutes ago, Erich said:

I see you caught my ploy to turn you steel and wood guys to the polymer dark side.

So much for my jedi mind tricks. 馃槈

Nope, won't work, but after I win this and successfully gouge the hell out of Gunbroker buyers I will be able to buy more old WWI era rifles ...

Quite a bit of tax liability, according to the rules. You'd have to pay Tennessee about $850 in sales tax, and claim the $8500 as income on your federal return. At 20% that's another $1700. So you have to come up with $2500 just to claim the prize. I notice that it says nothing about shipping, either, though I admit I only scanned the rules.聽 So $2500 for 14K rounds is about $0.18 / round. Still a darned good price, even at pre-panic prices.

I wonder how much Brownell's will get for the long e-mail list of gun-owners that they're going to collect. Those e-mail addresses are probably worth a penny a piece to other retailers. And how much spam are you going to get after putting your name on the list?聽

What the hey, I'll enter anyway!

Edited by Darrell

Ok. So I will sell 4000 rounds to the TGO @ $0.30 to buy the AR. 3000 rounds at $0.80 to the general public to make $2400 for taxes聽

now I have a decent AR and 7000 rounds of 5.56 NATO for no out of pocket expense. Plus hopefully some happy TGOers who got some inexpensive ammo.聽

• Like 2