Ad Withdrawn

Darrell

I'm not really an AR guy, but several years ago I decided I wanted to try a Polymer 80 build, and this is the result. The upper is from Palmetto State.  Apart from that I used inexpensive components to assemble the rifle.

It was just an exercise for me, and it's had fewer than 50 rounds through it. No stoppages for that limited amount of firing.

There's one flaw in that the safety actuator has some wobble in it. It still works. Sorry, no magazine included.

My main trade interest would be a quality rifle scope of roughly-equal value. Not too interested in other trades, but it can't hurt to ask. I never know what I can't live without until I see it.

5IMG_0070.JPG.65b10122e2aac1aa9d17d952d57540ac.JPGIMG_0071.JPG.bc52458542e867dc1f8cf3810a6e5c90.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SpartaTN said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it …. Ermmm… improper…. To put it mildly to transfer ownership of a Polymer80 build?

You aren't the first to bring this up. I did some research [on the internet] and it is fine to transfer ownership. The lower must be serialized under certain circumstances. If I were to ship the rifle, that would have to be done through an FFL-holder at each end. In that case a form 4473 would have to be completed by the buyer, and a serial number would be required. If I were to take it to a local gun shop to sell or consign, then the buyer would be required to complete a 4473 and a S/N would be required. However, in states like TN, where no background check is required for private party sales, then no serialization is required. 

The other restriction is that it is not legal to build 80% lowers (or even 0% lowers from billet) with the intent to sell without a license. That was not the case with this unit. I built it several years ago for my own use, and only recently decided to part with it.

That said, I'm a guy who really tries hard to follow all the rules and regulations when it comes to arms. If anyone has a reference to different information then I'd like to see it. In the meantime, I'll withdraw the offer to sell.

Archived