Revised / New Benchmade Adamas Line-up Coming

• Administrator

The revised Adamas series of knives from Benchmade are due to launch in March and the new 275GY-1 is probably the one knife on my radar that I can genuinely say I am excited about.

The new Adamas series is going to use the absolutely stellar CruWear steel for their blades which will address the rusting issue some folks had with the D2 tool steel used previously.

BM275GY1n.jpg

275GY-1-2__52598.1610990149.jpg?c=2&imby

Benchmade 275GY-1 Adamas

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I am glad they went with this steel, I personally have never had any issues with D2 rusting, but this is a much better steel for edge retention and corrosion resistance, I was hoping they would come out with a Gray and OD green model, we will see 

• 2 months later...

So I just sharpened three of the Brand new Adamas knives for a good friend. He asked me to use and carry one and see if it retained the edge Like the D2 models do, Honestly the Cru Wear is a big disappointment to me, my D2 Blades hold the edge much better. They may be superior in corrosion to D2 steel but that is not an issue if you properly maintain your blades 

• Administrator
On 5/22/2021 at 11:01 AM, willis68 said:

So I just sharpened three of the Brand new Adamas knives for a good friend. He asked me to use and carry one and see if it retained the edge Like the D2 models do, Honestly the Cru Wear is a big disappointment to me, my D2 Blades hold the edge much better. They may be superior in corrosion to D2 steel but that is not an issue if you properly maintain your blades 

Weird.  I have had zero, and I mean zero problems with my CruWear Adamases (Mini or Full Size) holding their edge.  I've cut the hell out of some cardboard with them just because of how quickly it will knock the edge off of a knife.

What angle did you sharpen the blade to?  How fine of a finish did you put on it?

I've noticed that CruWear, in general, does best if you don't take it to a mirror.  That steel seems to prefer having a slightly toothy edge to it, so I take mine to 1500 grit at most.  600-800 seems to work even better.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this,

sharpened to 1.5 Micron like I always do, 19 degrees per side, just like my D2 bladed ones, they have no issues with that but the Cru Wear do, I only sharpen to what my customers request so that is what I gave my opinion on 

Edited by willis68