45 ACP 230 grain Remington Golden Saber recipes

Dear Brothers n Sisters....

Am about to load up some 230 golden saber pills for the Glock 21... Thinkin about 6.5 grains of Unique... Anybody got any " pet recipes " for these pills..? Am thinkin about #5 and Bluedot as well...

Thanks in advance.

leroy...

I've not started loading for .45 ACP yet but, soon. I've been looking at a lot of load data for it lately. I would think that 6.5 gr. would be good. I don't think that's a max load and should be decent pressure. I'll use Herco at first, once I get started. Maybe some American Select too. Good luck.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Quavodus said:

I've not started loading for .45 ACP yet but, soon. I've been looking at a lot of load data for it lately. I would think that 6.5 gr. would be good. I don't think that's a max load and should be decent pressure. I'll use Herco at first, once I get started. Maybe some American Select too. Good luck.

Thanks Brother.. I've burned alot of 45ACP with 6.5 Unique thru 1911s.  Your observation on Herco may be the " real " answer..  A bit slower than Unique... Maybe a bit higher velocity...

Thanks much for reminding me.

leroy.  

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

5 grains of Bullseye is my standard load for 230 grain ball ammo. Wouldn’t it work for these bullets as well? Probably not the highest velocity you can get, but it was good enough for Uncle Sam.

I think that's mine too. Bullseye is a little faster than Unique. Plenty of room in the case for either.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I've never loaded that particular bullet. However I have loaded thousands of .45acps. I've become quite fond of AA#5 for use with jacketed bullets. 

Im thinkin the same thing Brother...

leroy...

7 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I think that's mine too. Bullseye is a little faster than Unique. Plenty of room in the case for either.

Thanks Mike...

The Bullseye load is an ancient favorite that works well...  As i remember fills the case about half to a bit less full...  As ive got a bit older, i like to be able to look in the cases and see em pretty full... Bullseye has probably blown up more firearms than any other powder, because of folks being a bit careless...

Ive burned 6.5 grains of Unique in 1911s by the pounds... It was, by far, my favorite 1911 load...

Im thinkin pretty strong about loadin some AA#5 to the 875 fps load mark n tryin them...

Thanks again...

loadin leroy...

No idea what load your looking for, but #5 would be my choice over unique for HP bullet in g21 with stock barrel length.  

cfe pistol moves good velocity without being flashy. Plenty accurate at <murder charge distance. I use a lot of #5, but my g21’s have 6.6” barrels so pack a lot of longshot or cfe-p in not for plinking rounds. 

Edited by ohell
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, ohell said:

No idea what load your looking for, but #5 would be my choice over unique for HP bullet in g21 with stock barrel 

Thanks for confirming an intuition Brother.  I'm lookin for an 875 fps range killin load.  I'm thinkin about the 8.7 or so mark for AA#5, maybe a bit higher.  

leroy.