Due Process ??? We don' need no stinkin' due process.....

So if Rubio's bill passes, just being INVESTIGATED for "domestic terrorism" (whatever that is this week) gets your 2A rights suspended.

Not good, kids.

https://national-justice.com/senator-marco-rubio-introduces-bill-suspend-gun-rights-anyone-who-has-ever-been-investigated

"Republican lawmaker Marco Rubio has reintroduced legislation that seeks to suspend the Second Amendment rights of any person who has been investigated for "terrorism" related offenses within 10 years of attempting a gun purchase.

The Senate bill, named the Terror Intelligence Improvement Act, was reentered last week in hopes of exploiting the hysteria surrounding the January 6th Capitol protests. The law intends to violate the civil liberties of American citizens who are not charged or convicted of a crime if somebody is deemed politically dangerous.

If passed, the law will grant the FBI and DNI the authority to draw up lists of US citizens arbitrarily labeled "domestic terrorists" and flag them during background checks. Those placed on the new watch list could be registered based solely on suspicion, even if an investigation fails to find evidence of criminal or "terrorist" wrongdoing. Federal courts that have examined the FBI's various "terrorist watch lists" uncovered that the Bureau regularly places law-abiding citizens on them because they don't like who they are or their political views.

While Rubio's bill does provide optional redress for those targeted to obtain counsel and fight their designation, it would require individuals not charged or convicted of a crime to have to spend enormous amounts of money and time and gamble on getting a judge that upholds the Constitution just so they can exercise their gun rights."
25 minutes ago, krunchnik said:

It is getting to the point there are no Politician's that are trust worthy-whether it's Republican's that sell out or a Politician runs on grounds they are a Republican and the minute they are elected they sell us out.

IMHO, it's been that way for some time now.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, krunchnik said:

It is getting to the point there are no Politician's that are trust worthy-whether it's Republican's that sell out or a Politician runs on grounds they are a Republican and the minute they are elected they sell us out.

I've felt this way for a long time.  And it's one of the reasons I no longer vote along party lines and I'm now an Indpendent that leans Libertarian.

How many people here would still punch the Rubio ticket if given the choice between him and (insert any Democrat)? My guess, 95%. 

That's why I'll preach for having more than 2 parties until I die. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 3
  • Moderators
8 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

How many people here would still punch the Rubio ticket if given the choice between him and (insert any Democrat)? My guess, 95%. 

We’re moving close to verboten territory here, but what I think the important lesson is that we must hold all politicians feet to the fire. No party is a lock on being a defender of the 2A. 

• Like 2
Just now, Chucktshoes said:

We’re moving close to verboten territory here, but what I think the important lesson is that we must hold all politicians feet to the fire. No party is a lock on being a defender of the 2A. 

Lmao, typing at the same time 

• Haha 2
45 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I think a lot of folks would like more than two parties. I sure would.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Yes we should. I'm done. Delete if you want.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I listened to about 3 minutes of a leading Marxist economist.

He started strong, it is illegal to have a economic monopoly, but perfectly acceptable to have a political monopoly.

Americans have no choice and are forced to decide how much of a republican or democrat they are.

Elsewhere in the world, people who get 5 - 10% of the vote get a place to represent their voters.

Not here, the cost and the club are barriers to entrance so their power and influence isn't diluted or challenged.

He mentions the big business of the media is rewarded through supporting the monopoly.

Goes on to say the political monopoly supports a capitalistic market and takes advantage of it. Our elected officials get to participate in publicaly traded companies, even when they sit on committees influencing that specific market segment.

For you and me, that's insider trading.

I tuned out when he said, "Americans should also have the choice regarding capitalism..."

He opening arguments are spot on.

It will take someone like a Donald Trump with a cult of personality to create a viable third party