Natchez Has 9mm

Thats probably as good of a price as you will find to get that much at one time. Its hard to believe I bought that same case at Palmetto State Armory for $169.00 before shipping less than 2 years ago.

Edited by turkeydad
  • Like 1
On 2/9/2021 at 3:47 PM, turkeydad said:

Thats probably as good of a price as you will find to get that much at one time. Its hard to believe I bought that same case at Palmetto State Armory for $169.00 before shipping less than 2 years ago.

I picked one up from Natchez SS last March for I think about $185 shipped to my house. 

• Sad 1

Isn't it amazing what a year will do to prices. My pastor bought a case of 9mm at Smoky Mountain Knife works in 2019 for $179 and his wife asked him "do you really need all that ammo" to which his reply was that is a good price and I like to shoot. And nowadays I see a case going for $1,000. I told him to remind his wife what a good shopper he was!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Why not hold off for a little while and let things settle down? 

Why not, I will tell you why. Whenever a gun guy sees a box of ammo, his first thought is I MUST have this. Takes it home and trys to find a place to put it, because his ammo stash needs a separate Zipcode. Granted it sounds good to let things settle down, but most folks don't have the willpower.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

Isn't it amazing what a year will do to prices. My pastor bought a case of 9mm at Smoky Mountain Knife works in 2019 for $179 and his wife asked him "do you really need all that ammo" to which his reply was that is a good price and I like to shoot. And nowadays I see a case going for $1,000. I told him to remind his wife what a good shopper he was!

About that same time, I was considering ordering a few more things. My wife, being of sound mind and quite familiar with my buying habits, said go ahead. Get a few things. I'd rather you buy ammo than other things you might waste money on. Well...to my shame, I said no. I'm good. Dumbass!

I had contemplated buying a couple cases of 9 and a case of 45. Just good to decent range ammo, which is about all I buy. But I didn't. Much to my everlasting regret. Coulda...woulda...shoulda!

Stocking ammo is never a bad idea. Holding off buying is. I knew what had happened in the past. I just didn't think hard enough on it.

If the opportunity to buy at prices remotely similar to that era again happens...I will again buy multiple cases!

BTW. I don't run around chasing ammo in the stores. It's not that I think it a waste of time, I just am not going to feed the cycle of that kind of search.

However. Should I stumble across something I shoot, I will buy all I can. Period.

Call me anything you want. Hoarder. Prepper. Greedy. Idiot. Whatever.

I will be prepared and hedge against this crap. I don't like being at the mercy of the high market and not being able to do my recreational shooting.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

Why not, I will tell you why. Whenever a gun guy sees a box of ammo, his first thought is I MUST have this. Takes it home and trys to find a place to put it, because his ammo stash needs a separate Zipcode. Granted it sounds good to let things settle down, but most folks don't have the willpower.

This^^^. Somewhat. lol

I will never apologize for my buying what I find. Willpower has nothing to do with it. Prudence is the game! 

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

and when you can only get 2-3 boxes of 50 from Academy Sports, it takes a few trips to get any quantity. 

Understood but you will continue to make this situation worse by constantly buying every box you spot. The politicians haven't created the ammo shortage, we have. All of this panic buying has played out before and made things a nightmare when it wasn't even necessary. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Me buying 3 boxes of 50 rounds on seven trips to academy spots is not any different than me buying 1050 rounds on one trip. 

Correct. It's just a question of availability. LOL! That's the core issue, isn't it?

But what I mean to say is that any one of us, just like Snaveba says(well...paraphrasing anyway), we all buy when it's available to us.

Online or store. If it's there...we buy. Individuals buying may, and does, add to shortages in many cases. But that shortage is individual availability/shortage.

Now combine that availability/shortage with the number of people like us who purchase, governmental contracts like the Fema deals a few years ago, military and foreign sales, AND the possible unknow number of new firearms buys who want the same things we do (Readily available ammo and some to have at home.), things really begin to get dicey.

I've read in many news blurbs and online headline articles, that the number of new/first time firearms buyers has not only increased dramatically every month for the last  2 years, but projects 3 million plus new purchases. 

And that doesn't include sales made FTF without BATFE recording. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, hipower said:

Correct. It's just a question of availability. LOL! That's the core issue, isn't it?

But what I mean to say is that any one of us, just like Snaveba says(well...paraphrasing anyway), we all buy when it's available to us.

Or when we have the extra cash to spend 😎. And right now, with ammo prices going through the roof every where but Academy Sports, I am making it a point to find the extra cash. 

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with anyone buying ammo at whatever price they are willing to pay if they need it. Personally, I stocked up when it was cheap and replaced what I shoot as I went. Now it's sky high in price and I don't buy any until the price comes down (who knows when that will be). In the meantime I haven't been shooting much and when I do it's .22 long rifle because I have plenty.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, JustEd said:

Not to kidnap your thread, but Natchez wizzes me off.  I keep getting catalogs with ammo which is neither available not will ever be at the advertised price again

Sorry for rant, just need to vent.

Agree. I have the sight bookmarked for 9mm and they NEVER have any that is not listed as out of stock.