Natchez Has 9mm

2 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Agree. I have the sight bookmarked for 9mm and they NEVER have any that is not listed as out of stock. 

I don't mind that they are OOS, its that they keep advertising it in they fliers like it was available.

1 hour ago, JustEd said:

I don't mind that they are OOS, its that they keep advertising it in they fliers like it was available.

I have run into this with other places too and on some of them I have found that they release stock when they send out the flier, but I may receive the emailed flier several hours after other people I know. Sending out thousands of emails take time and often they have to do it in batches to keep from some server along the way flagging them as a bot flooding it with email.  So if you happen to be in the first section of the emails going out, you have better luck. No way to force that though. I agree they probably just say in the flier to check their site for what ammo is in stock, but remember this is the site that in the past would not ship ammo to TN even though they are in Chattanooga TN. I had to have a shipment sent to a friend in VA back when the .22 drought was on. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
10 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I have run into this with other places too and on some of them I have found that they release stock when they send out the flier, but I may receive the emailed flier several hours after other people I know. Sending out thousands of emails take time and often they have to do it in batches to keep from some server along the way flagging them as a bot flooding it with email.  So if you happen to be in the first section of the emails going out, you have better luck. No way to force that though. I agree they probably just say in the flier to check their site for what ammo is in stock, but remember this is the site that in the past would not ship ammo to TN even though they are in Chattanooga TN. I had to have a shipment sent to a friend in VA back when the .22 drought was on. 

They got over that. I scored a case of 9mm from them a couple months back. 

• Administrator

In 2019, I burned through 4,000 rds of ammo.  3,000 of it was 9mm and 1,000 of it was 5.56 NATO.  That was without taking any classes and I am not a guy that does "mag dumps" either.  My range time is intentional and deliberate and I dry fire far more "rounds" than that every week at home.

In 2020, I burned through about 2,500 rds of 9mm and no 5.56.   In August of 2020, I orchestrated a group buy for my safety team at church that ended up totaling nearly 60,000 rounds of ammo and I only bought 1,000 for myself.  I figured I'd go back and get more on the next pass through but I wanted to be sure that everyone else got some first.

That next pass through never happened.  We got cut off by my supplier because someone in Nashville at one of the gun shops had caught wind that we were getting ammo that they couldn't from the same supplier.  That gun shop ratted us out and ended it.  I still don't exactly know who it was, but I have suspicions.  I don't hold them any ill will either.  I might have complained too were I in their spot when the supply started drying up.  Business is business.

These days I skimp like crazy when I go to the range.   I load 3-5 rounds in a mag at a time and make them count.  I dry fire infinitely more than I shoot for real.  It sucks but it also has made me really focus on fundamentals.

If I could find 1,000 rounds of 9mm for less than 50-cents per round, I'd buy as many cases as they'd let me and I'd go back to shooting like I used to.  Hell, my life "depends on it" if you factor in my volunteer service at church.  I don't have a law enforcement agency supplying practice ammo.  My ability to still be proficient is funded by me and me alone.

Do I care what anyone else thinks about me for buying any ammo that I can?   Not a bit.  I hope you all don't care what anyone thinks of you either.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, TGO David said:

Do I care what anyone else thinks about me for buying any ammo that I can?   Not a bit.  I hope you all don't care what anyone thinks of you either.

We'll make a hoarder of you yet David ...😎

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mikegideon said:

Me neither. I'm covered up in ammo, primers, powder, etc. I'm Obama trained 🙂 

Yeah, Newtown really reinforced what I already knew, but had grown complacent about.

I dry fire more than I shoot as well, but I still try and get to the range for focused drills and to practice specific skills 2-3 times a month. I limit my rounds and due to home/personal circumstances severely limit my range time. But 20-30 minutes of focused practice ( i.e. Rastoff , a 5x5 drill, or a reduced round count Dot Torture) and verification of some of my dry fire practice works for me.

I've also been shooting more revolver than auto this past 12-18 months and I've found the DA work with the wheelie has helped a lot with my SA/Safe Action trigger control. Besides, I like wheelies. 🙂

We all know/knew that every election year brings on a rush of purchasing guns & ammo. But the convergence of events of the past couple of years is pretty unprecedented, at least in my experience.

From what I read, Natchez and many other online retailers, list ammo several times per day when they get shipments in. There are a lot of folks competing for that ammo, sometimes guns, and things move remarkably fast.

Who knows what the "New Norm" is gonna be... time will tell.

• Like 3
On 3/7/2021 at 8:42 PM, TGO David said:

If I could find 1,000 rounds of 9mm for less than 50-cents per round, I'd buy as many cases as they'd let me and I'd go back to shooting like I used to.

David do you not reload? I can load target 9mm ammo for $0.122 per round or $6.11 per box. If it were legal I would love to sell you a couple of thousand at $0.49 per round, let's see that is 400%+ profit. Not bad for a day at the reloading press.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

David do you not reload? I can load target 9mm ammo for $0.122 per round or $6.11 per box. If it were legal I would love to sell you a couple of thousand at $0.49 per round, let's see that is 400%+ profit. Not bad for a day at the reloading press.

I do but I never bought dies or components for 9mm.  It was always so cheap that it never made sense.  Hindsight sucks.  🙂

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TGO David said:

I do but I never bought dies or components for 9mm.  It was always so cheap that it never made sense.  Hindsight sucks.  🙂

I don't reload 9mm for the same reason. If I run out, I will be forced to switch over to my 45's. I will probably add 9mm if sanity ever returns, even though 45 will kill you deader 🙂 

• Haha 1

In reference to catalogs....

Most people don't realize that companies like Natchez use printing companies to print their fliers- they are not printed in house. Those fliers have to be submitted to the printer 3 MONTHS in advance of when they are to be printed. The products in the catalogs are not IN STOCK when the info is sent. It is all based on PROJECTED DELIVERY TIMES from the manufacturers. That is why the  catalogs run for a 2-3 month time frame because they expect the manufacturers to send that ammo to them some time within the time period that the catalog is good for. The problem in the last 6 months is that by the time the catalog gets printed and mailed it is already obsolete because market forces have driven the prices up and nothing is in stock because inventory is hard to get due to historically high demand. So when you get the catalog in your mailbox it is essentially 4 months old.

Back in the 1990s savvy buyers used to get a subscription to Shotgun News and that was how we found deals on machine guns and ammo to buy. But the internet largely killed Shotgun News  because now by the time you got Shotgun News in your mailbox it was essentially a month old and all the good deals were already gone because someone already saw them advertised on a bulletin board like Sturmgewehr or Subguns.com. Back before the internet and instant advertising it didn't matter that it was a month old because it was a month old for EVERYONE and NO ONE knew about the ads until they opened their mailbox. But once the internet came along now folks with internet access could see what folks had in inventory before the paper copy ever arrived in the mailbox.  Same as with the catalogs from the companies like Natchez now.

Right now because of the off the scale demand and historic buying that is going on all over the industry the catalogs are obsolete before you get them because when these companies get shipments that this time a year ago would have lasted 60-90 days they are gone in 4 to 5 hours. And you can thank internet bulletin boards for that when people post it on Reddit that someone has ammo and buyers descend like locusts and buy 2700 cases of 9mm in 4 hours. 

AND finally the distributors like Natchez use "Coop Advertising" which is essentially the manufacturers buying ad space in the catalogs. So if Winchester pays Natchez to advertise 3040 Krag then Natchez is going to advertise that. If Winchester never sends any 3040 Krag then Natchez has no control over that. If Simmons pays them to advertise a new scope that has not  made it into the country yet then they are going to advertise that scope even if they do not have it in stock. 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
57 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I don't reload 9mm for the same reason. If I run out, I will be forced to switch over to my 45's. I will probably add 9mm if sanity ever returns, even though 45 will kill you deader 🙂 

My 22LR will kill you just as dead. Just not as messy. 

4 hours ago, Cruel Hand Luke said:

In reference to catalogs....

Most people don't realize that companies like Natchez use printing companies to print their fliers- they are not printed in house. Those fliers have to be submitted to the printer 3 MONTHS in advance of when they are to be printed. The products in the catalogs are not IN STOCK when the info is sent. It is all based on PROJECTED DELIVERY TIMES from the manufacturers. That is why the  catalogs run for a 2-3 month time frame because they expect the manufacturers to send that ammo to them some time within the time period that the catalog is good for. The problem in the last 6 months is that by the time the catalog gets printed and mailed it is already obsolete because market forces have driven the prices up and nothing is in stock because inventory is hard to get due to historically high demand. So when you get the catalog in your mailbox it is essentially 4 months old.

Back in the 1990s savvy buyers used to get a subscription to Shotgun News and that was how we found deals on machine guns and ammo to buy. But the internet largely killed Shotgun News  because now by the time you got Shotgun News in your mailbox it was essentially a month old and all the good deals were already gone because someone already saw them advertised on a bulletin board like Sturmgewehr or Subguns.com. Back before the internet and instant advertising it didn't matter that it was a month old because it was a month old for EVERYONE and NO ONE knew about the ads until they opened their mailbox. But once the internet came along now folks with internet access could see what folks had in inventory before the paper copy ever arrived in the mailbox.  Same as with the catalogs from the companies like Natchez now.

Right now because of the off the scale demand and historic buying that is going on all over the industry the catalogs are obsolete before you get them because when these companies get shipments that this time a year ago would have lasted 60-90 days they are gone in 4 to 5 hours. And you can thank internet bulletin boards for that when people post it on Reddit that someone has ammo and buyers descend like locusts and buy 2700 cases of 9mm in 4 hours. 

AND finally the distributors like Natchez use "Coop Advertising" which is essentially the manufacturers buying ad space in the catalogs. So if Winchester pays Natchez to advertise 3040 Krag then Natchez is going to advertise that. If Winchester never sends any 3040 Krag then Natchez has no control over that. If Simmons pays them to advertise a new scope that has not  made it into the country yet then they are going to advertise that scope even if they do not have it in stock. 

Oh how I anxiously awaited the latest edition of Shotgun News! I miss that.

• Like 1