AMMO AVAILABILITY

11 minutes ago, papa61 said:

Just my imagination or is ammo supply coming back? I see a lot of lower prices and what appears to be re-sellers dumping larger lots.

I've noticed that too.  Prices online appear to have stabilized and actually come back down about $10 for 9mm.

• Like 3

The number of sellers on GB, typically with no feedback or very low are up, so they must be getting it locally. Overall trend is good.

But from the couple places I get emails from, like J&G, they are going up on AK rounds. Was between 400 to 450 a couple weeks ago, now @ $529 per 1k

39 minutes ago, Erich said:

The number of sellers on GB, typically with no feedback or very low are up, so they must be getting it locally. Overall trend is good.

But from the couple places I get emails from, like J&G, they are going up on AK rounds. Was between 400 to 450 a couple weeks ago, now @ $529 per 1k

I'd expect pricing to hold or increase as the manufacturers have announced increases starting April 1. and they are so far behind any orders they take are for next year. Olins says 3-15% if I remember correctly. wholesalers will increase tp cover losses from unfilled orders.

I was on another gunsite and Pm'ed a guy from Mississippi that claimed his LGS had gotten a big shipment of primers last week. He said that the store had kept some in the back and were limiting purchases to 200 primers. Then about a week later they got 100K of CCI srp and 100K Federal spp. They were selling for $69.95/1k with limit 1k. Just to let ya'll know that some stores are getting something. That is a little re-assuring.

Edited by Dirtshooter
  • Like 3

A reloading dealer in Gulfport offered up a carton of SP primers for $70, limit 2 at his door. A bit to far from Southaven.

A gun/reloading store in Brandon had SP and SR primers, limit 200. Can't remember the price. Bass Pro in Pearl had a complete shelf display of all ammo for 4 weeks, limit 3.

My grandson bought a 7.62X39, can't remember what flavor. The store had ammo, $12 limit 3 per 20 rds. A gun shop close by had them for $9, I bought the last 4 boxes. A week later the grandson calls, Academy has 100 rds for $30, limit 1. He bought 1 and I bought 1. I returned the next day, all they had was the 20 rd box for $10, limit 2.

Edited by DeepSouth
59 minutes ago, AuEagle said:

Only biden voters would have to lie. 

Exactly. That was my point. The question is about as useless as sticking a no guns allowed sign on a door. Biden voters can easily just lie and buy the ammo. The business just wanted the attention this would bring I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Exactly. That was my point. The question is about as useless as sticking a no guns allowed sign on a door. Biden voters can easily just lie and buy the ammo. The business just wanted the attention this would bring I guess. 

This is the same company that quit selling to LE agencies after being issued a citation from an officer for failing to adhere to mask mandates. They are about standing on principle, but at the same time, they absolutely do it publicly to make it work for their benefit. 

https://www.enblocpress.com/op-ed/ammunition-sales-to-law-enforcement-feeding-the-mouth-that-bites/

If you would like to get a better insight into the reasoning and views of the company and it’s owner, here is a livestream discussion between him and Rob Pincus moderated by Maj Toure from Black Guns Matter (check them out, they do great work).

2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

If you would like to get a better insight into the reasoning and views of the company and it’s owner, here is a livestream discussion between him and Rob Pincus moderated by Maj Toure from Black Guns Matter (check them out, they do great work).

I can't devote 90 minutes to this but I made it to around 30 minutes. It's more of the same "us vs them" from Justin. According to him, you can't be part of the gun community unless you voted for Trump.  He said that around the 16 minute mark. Rob nailed it. You can either be a group that welcomes in new people or we can continue to be a group that's 95% middle age white guys. No offense to anyone here, but I think we can all agree that's who makes of the vast majority of the gun culture. We have 1-2 black members here. People like Colion Noir are rare, and we need more of them. 

Now, there are plenty of non-white gun owners out there, but we don't exactly do anything to bring them into the fold. This latest attempt by Fenix just creates more divide. All of this has been discussed on the forum before so I'm going to leave it at that. I can't say more without breaking the TGO rules. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I can't devote 90 minutes to this but I made it to around 30 minutes. It's more of the same "us vs them" from Justin. According to him, you can't be part of the gun community unless you voted for Trump.  He said that around the 16 minute mark. Rob nailed it. You can either be a group that welcomes in new people or we can continue to be a group that's 95% middle age white guys. No offense to anyone here, but I think we can all agree that's who makes of the vast majority of the gun culture. We have 1-2 black members here. People like Colion Noir are rare, and we need more of them. 

Now, there are plenty of non-white gun owners out there, but we don't exactly do anything to bring them into the fold. This latest attempt by Fenix just creates more divide. All of this has been discussed on the forum before so I'm going to leave it at that. I can't say more without breaking the TGO rules. 

Hey, you forgot the token Hispanic!   

I can see both sides of this; on one hand I am all about getting more people into the shooting sports, self defense and defense of our Constitution.   But at the same time, I can see making them feel the pain of exercising one of our basic rights due to the people they put into office making it so.  Maybe if they start seeing what we have been made to put up with all these years, then maybe they will start to see what the consequences are when they vote the way they do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I agree with making new shooters welcome I see exactly why Fenix stands where they do. Think about this for a minute, not ALL new gun owners or established gun owners are your friend.
Take a lesson from Rosie Odonell,,,you know, the anti gun nut who sued because her child's security guard was denied a CCW in NYC.