Bullets in stock

Just ran across this site, picked up some bullets for my M1 and some for my 5.56 AR at a discount, well pre-panic pricing anyway, but they have a whole bunch available, some discounted others not so much, but most seem to be at normal prices and more importantly, in stock.

Wholesale Hunter

May have spoke too soon, after not receiving an order confirmation (usually automatic) I looked into their reviews; terrible, so I may or may not get these, will update if I have issues, but I figured I would post a Buyer Beware, just in case.

Edited by Omega
Add Warning

The reason I like Extreme is that they're copper clad. So much less of a mess than lead. Probably a lot of folks wouldn't notice but if you're reloading large quantities it makes a big difference.

Since I reload 9,40,38,45,357,223,308, and a few odd large rifle calibers, for me they are the way to go.

Well, somewhat good news, I got the order confirmation.  But it reads more like a warning than an assurance I will get my order.  

Dear XXXXXXXXX You have received this automated email because you have an order with our company, WholesaleHunter.com. The status of your order number ###### placed on 2/10/2021 10:51:24 PM has changed to: "Payment Posted". Additional information: Tracking Number-, Ship Date- Hopefully this will fill in on the next email.
Attention please, from time to time we run in to buying frenzy like caused by the Corona Virus problem
Customers orders are up over 400% and average order value is up 10 times
We have been overrun with orders and depending on which one of our warehouses is shipping order there is a delay in shipping from 3 to 14 business days
If you ordered more than one item your order can be shipped from multiple location and packages can arrives days apart so don t panic if your entire order is not in one box
We are selling from our physical stores and several web sites and our inventory synchronizes every hour. Because of the huge surge in sales we are having a few cases of over selling.
If the primary shipping location runs out of stock an automatic back order notice is sent to you, but our staff is checking our other location and may move your order to another location to be filled.
Some orders are delayed in processing because your credit card billing address may n ot match and has to be manually verified or you asked to ship to and alternet address. These take time to clear and we have seen stock run out before we can clear those order
If we are out of stock when we clear your order, we will void the charge on your card and cancel the order so that you may find some thing else with out your money being tied up on a back order
If you live in a state were ammunition sales are restricted like CA, Il, NY and others, you will need to send us the proper documents before we can ship.
We are being over loaded with emails and phone calls and we are running days behind answering emails so please be patient.
We are working extended hours and weekends to try and meet the demand. Thank You, Customer Service Wholesalehunter.com support@wholesalehunter.com Ph 1-888-900-HUNT 8:00AM-5:00PM Central FAX 1-334-567-2780

Follow up: Today, I got a shipping notice. So, so far so good, will follow up when I get them. Hopefully I am not the exception, but the rule as a customer, they do have a good stock showing online, at decent pricing.

On 2/11/2021 at 10:11 AM, chances R said:

I have used a ton of Xtreme, but am sold now on Powder Coated

I cast quite a bit, and have tried powder coating my cast bullets, but haven't been all that impressed with the results.  Are you powder coating your own, or buying them that way? Sounds like you're buying them coated.

Honestly, I didn't notice much difference in anything comparing uncoated to coated. I'm careful to keep velocities in-line with lead hardness, so I haven't seen any barrel-leading with uncoated bullets. I don't have a chronograph, so maybe the coated bullets are bit faster, but in my experience they're no cleaner. And the mess involved in coating bullets is hardly worth the trouble. Of course I'll continue to experiment a bit. I cast .338 bullets and may try coating some of those. 

8 hours ago, Darrell said:

I cast quite a bit, and have tried powder coating my cast bullets, but haven't been all that impressed with the results.  Are you powder coating your own, or buying them that way? Sounds like you're buying them coated.

Honestly, I didn't notice much difference in anything comparing uncoated to coated. I'm careful to keep velocities in-line with lead hardness, so I haven't seen any barrel-leading with uncoated bullets. I don't have a chronograph, so maybe the coated bullets are bit faster, but in my experience they're no cleaner. And the mess involved in coating bullets is hardly worth the trouble. Of course I'll continue to experiment a bit. I cast .338 bullets and may try coating some of those. 

Are you getting leading?  Or is it just dirty from the gun powder?  The PC is to prevent leading in your barrel, and may speed up the bullet  but if it does it would be negligible.  I have fired many PC bullets out of my Glock and 9mm AR with no leading to speak of, I have also fired many that were lubed traditionally and haven't had an issue with those either.  What it does seem to help with is rifle bullets, the BHN doesn't need to be as high as with traditional lube, and seem to do ok even at the higher velocities.

3 hours ago, Omega said:

Are you getting leading? 

No,I don't get leading when shooting plain lead bullets, or PC, either. I don't see any difference at all with powder coating, except that the bullet looks more interesting.  As I mentioned above, I try to match theoretical velocity to bullet hardness. I shoot quite a bit of cast lead through my 30-06 (Lee Soup Cans) at low velocities and they're very accurate, out to about 100 yards. I like liquid Alox for a lube, and it seems to do a good job of preventing leading. I'm always on the lookout for some cheap pewter item at the local second hand stores, and those get cut up and added to pure lead to raise the tin content and therefore the lead hardness. 

I'd like to try paper-patching in a 338 Lapua with lead bullets, but I'm still researching that. I've shot cast 338 bullets at reduced velocity through a 338 Win Mag with some success, but the Lapua case is a WHOLE lot bigger.

Edited by Darrell