Palmetto State Armory Presidents Day sale

Chucktshoes

31 minutes ago, krunchnik said:

I see what you did there-the Gina thing.

Kennedy was assassinated with a Carcano M91 carbine.  President’s Day is Monday.🙄

Regardless, PSA has had these for a while now.  Not much of a market for what is now kind of an oddball caliber.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

If you want to get technical about it, these appear to be the TS carbine version of the Carcano, where Oswald used a 91/38 short rifle.  Very similar, but the Oswald rifle had a slightly longer barrel than the carbines ...

...and supposedly a really loose scope mount.  

• Like 1
  • Moderators
38 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

...and supposedly a really loose scope mount.  

I’d love to see a match where somebody set this up as a stage  

“David set up a mock-up of the Texas School Book Depository window up on a hill, with a couple old convertibles, some department-store mannequins, and an armored tractor with a long cable to pull the vehicle at the right speed through a clearing. You have to use a 6.5 Carcano with a four-power Tasco scope from 1962. The idea is to see if anyone can duplicate what Oswald is alleged to have done, because a lot of people have said it's impossible.”

Excerpt From
Unintended Consequences
John Ross
This material may be protected by copyright.

2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’d love to see a match where somebody set this up as a stage  

“David set up a mock-up of the Texas School Book Depository window up on a hill, with a couple old convertibles, some department-store mannequins, and an armored tractor with a long cable to pull the vehicle at the right speed through a clearing. You have to use a 6.5 Carcano with a four-power Tasco scope from 1962. The idea is to see if anyone can duplicate what Oswald is alleged to have done, because a lot of people have said it's impossible.”

Excerpt From
Unintended Consequences
John Ross
This material may be protected by copyright.

Oh I don’t doubt a competent rifleman could zero and practice with a good Carcano (if there is one) and make the shots.  But could Oswald do so with his Carcano?  I have doubts.  Oswald was supposedly a qualified Expert in his time in the USMC, but some who served with him roll their eyes at this idea.  Oswald missed a 30-odd yard shot during the assassination attempt of an Army general a few months before Kennedy.  Also, Oswald’s Carcano raises a few questions.  It was found to have a loose scope mount that was mysteriously repaired prior to testing.  The rifle supposedly hit high at 15 or 20 yards, which makes no sense for a scoped rifle.  If anything, it should hit low that close.  After this shoddy testing process, the rifle was determined to be capable of making the shots in question.  Then there’s the “magic bullet” question.  
Call me a conspiracy theorist or tinfoil hat model or whatever, but if you believe Oswald was the lone shooter, I’ll sell you a Carcano guaranteed to make you the 2021 NRA High Power champion.  

*You being anyone, not you, Chuck.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • 1 month later...

I can't address how carefully Oswald's rifle was handled by police officers and other local and federal authorities before the rifle was tested, and who might or might not have tinkered with the scope or its mounts.  But I've stood in the window of the book depository right next to the window where Oswald took the shot (you can't stand in the actual window now because it's blocked off by a plexiglass barrier).  And, looking down into the street and wondering if, shooting from a rest, I could hit a man-sized target less than 90 yards away and moving almost directly away from me at a slow speed (11.2 mph), I feel confident I could.  And I'm only a competent rifle shot.

A good while back one of the TV networks hired a guy to fire a simulation of the Kennedy assassination to see if he could make the hits.  He did.

At this point none of the people who want to believe conspiracies will be convinced there wasn't one, and none of the people who want to believe the official report will be convinced it is inaccurate in its main conclusions.  We're never going to know any more than we do now.  Probably time to move on.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I can't address how carefully Oswald's rifle was handled by police officers and other local and federal authorities before the rifle was tested, and who might or might not have tinkered with the scope or its mounts.  But I've stood in the window of the book depository right next to the window where Oswald took the shot (you can't stand in the actual window now because it's blocked off by a plexiglass barrier).  And, looking down into the street and wondering if, shooting from a rest, I could hit a man-sized target less than 90 yards away and moving almost directly away from me at a slow speed (11.2 mph), I feel confident I could.  And I'm only a competent rifle shot.

A good while back one of the TV networks hired a guy to fire a simulation of the Kennedy assassination to see if he could make the hits.  He did.

At this point none of the people who want to believe conspiracies will be convinced there wasn't one, and none of the people who want to believe the official report will be convinced it is inaccurate in its main conclusions.  We're never going to know any more than we do now.  Probably time to move on.

Cheers,

Whisper

I don't doubt Oswald could have made the shot (s), and am not a conspiracist, but the matter of Jack Ruby, the assassin's assassin, is particularly odd. However, it does makes for a really great old tune from CVB

11 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I have a Carcano. They are junk in my opinion. Makes a Mosin Nagant seem like a top shelf custom rifle.

Might explain why the Italian troops In Russia were so quick to cut and run during Russian counteroffensives ...