Biden Uses the Parkland Kids Caskets as a Pulpit for Mass Infringement of Gun Rights and the Death of the Gun Industry

• Administrator

Source:  https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/02/14/statement-by-the-president-three-years-after-the-parkland-shooting/

Three years ago today, a lone gunman took the lives of 14 students and three educators at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. In seconds, the lives of dozens of families, and the life of an American community, were changed forever.

For three years now, the Parkland families have spent birthdays and holidays without their loved ones. They’ve missed out on the experience of sending their children off to college or seeing them on their first job after high school. Like far too many families, they’ve had to bury pieces of their soul deep within the Earth. Like far too many families — and, indeed, like our nation — they’ve been left to wonder whether things would ever be okay.

These families are not alone. In big cities and small towns. In schools and shopping malls. In churches, mosques, synagogues, and temples. In movie theaters and concert halls. On city street corners that will never get a mention on the evening news. All across our nation, parents, spouses, children, siblings, and friends have known the pain of losing a loved one to gun violence. And in this season of so much loss, last year’s historic increase in homicides across America, including the gun violence disproportionately devastating Black and Brown individuals in our cities, has added to the number of empty seats at our kitchen tables. Today, as we mourn with the Parkland community, we mourn for all who have lost loved ones to gun violence.

Over these three years, the Parkland families have taught all of us something profound. Time and again, they have showed us how we can turn our grief into purpose – to march, organize, and build a strong, inclusive, and durable movement for change.

The Parkland students and so many other young people across the country who have experienced gun violence are carrying forward the history of the American journey. It is a history written by young people in each generation who challenged prevailing dogma to demand a simple truth: we can do better. And we will.

This Administration will not wait for the next mass shooting to heed that call. We will take action to end our epidemic of gun violence and make our schools and communities safer. Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets. We owe it to all those we’ve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now.

###

• Thanks 4

I recall being told by TGO prognosticators that we that believed he would immediately start pursuing gun control were in a bubble and he had more important matters, healer in chief, children back to school, whoop covids ass, and gun control issues wouldn't come until the mid terms. Sounds to me like he wants it NOW 🙄

• Like 12
22 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I recall being told by TGO prognosticators that we that believed he would immediately start pursuing gun control were in a bubble and he had more important matters, healer in chief, children back to school, whoop covids ass, and gun control issues wouldn't come until the mid terms. Sounds to me like he wants it NOW 🙄

We might find that both parties aren't the same in some ways. I'm really hoping that sanity prevails. An AWB will cost a lot of seats, just like last time.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mikegideon said:

We might find that both parties aren't the same in some ways. I'm really hoping that sanity prevails. An AWB will cost a lot of seats, just like last time.

I think they collectively feel the time to strike is now with the recent events that have taken place in DC. Thats BOTH parties and using the former president as the scapegoat. That or just setting the stage for the next school shooting that WILL happen soon enough. 

• Wow 1
45 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I don't consider myself a TGO prognosticator, but I believed that a Biden administration would put other things first--their obsession with destroying America's chances at energy self-reliance, reparations, LGBTQ, punish the police, woke agenda disguised as covid relief, etc. UNLESS a mass shooting occurs.  The statement above calls on Congress to enact the usual common sense drivel, so hopefully it's just lip service to the gun grabber crowd.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, deerslayer said:

I don't consider myself a TGO prognosticator, but I believed that a Biden administration would put other things first--their obsession with destroying America's chances at energy self-reliance, reparations, LGBTQ, punish the police, woke agenda disguised as cover relief, etc. UNLESS a mass shooting occurs.  The statement above calls on Congress to enact the usual common sense drivel, so hopefully it's just lip service to the gun grabber crowd.  

I hope you're right but we've never had the situation quite like this. What kind of message does it send to the trembling sheep that DC be wrapped inside a razor wire cage and the "tear jerking" accounts of people inside the capitol on the 6th. I think the push they have right now is stronger than it will be later. Much like Covid there's a time to strike. The only thing missing in that statement is what a NATIONAL HEALTH CRISIS guns are. I think all the other things you mention will occur naturally anyway but that's a subject NOT for TGO 🙂

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Much like Covid there's a time to strike. The only thing missing in that statement is what a NATIONAL HEALTH CRISIS guns are.

Right, I wonder what all the Covid-fear hobbyists will say when we are told to "trust the science" and the science says 2A needs to go...

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Right, I wonder what all the Covid-fear hobbyists will say when we are told to "trust the science" and the science says 2A needs to go...

They will kneel and turn their weapons over, because you know, the science, and the kids and all.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I am, indeed, a " prognostigator ", i freely admit it.  Im also old enough to remember the Gun Control Act of 1968... I wuz 22 years old. The 1968 act was passed as the result of the shooting of the prez, an attorney general, and a beloved civil rights leader..  It wuz a " knee jerk " reaction.  The congressional makeup wuz 2 to 1 democrat in both houses.   That wuz then.

Fast forward to today.  There have been no " political assinations (.. Except Steve Scalece, and he is " The Enemy "..) ", and the congress is deadlocked 50/ 50. 

More than that, there are 200 million gun owners, and all of em aint republican.  Folks are buying guns n ammunition at historic rates.  People are edgy, afraid, concerned, and perplexed.   They dont trust strangers, neighbors, protesters, nor the gubt.   There is almost no chance of getting any legislature thru congress in this atmosphere.  Everybody is watchin eachother, and nobody trusts anybody. 

Im thinkin Biden is doin the usual windbag thing throwin some red meat to the usual bunches... Its the usual anti gun red meat to the children of lower estate that back the dems.  My guess is that it is simply windbaggery.  He will give them the usual answer: " We tried; but the redneck whitey republicans wouldnt let us do it.

Does it need to be watched..?  YOU BET.  Do we need to keep the political pressure on the usual suspects..? YOU BET.  At the end of the day, im thinkin the " sensible gun control " thing is goin nowhere.  I hope im right and your mileage may vary. 

Thus endeth the political soloquey...

TGO prognosticatin leroy... Amateur political commentator.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

One thing in our favor is that the AWB of 1994 didn't work. The FBI's own report stated that this law had a negligible impact on crime control. That's why it was allowed to sunset. At least we have that to throw back in their faces. 

Politicians don't need the law to be effective, they just need to disarm the law abiding 😉

There was no need for prognastics, like I said at the time, they promised to do this during he campaign. The only question was timing if they needed an trigger event, pun intended. And with this guy, clearly not.

I think cheap boats will be in short supply soon, hit craigslist now!

• Love 1

I personally don't think they would attempt to confiscate. That would take house to house door kickers. I don't think they are that delusional to believe we the people will allow it. They will just wait, you'll get a traffic ticket and it will escalate into a felony, even your close friends won't help. It will be a slow crawl until We The People are no longer strong enough to resist. Hope you can all follow this abbreviated version.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, TGO David said:

We owe it to all those we’ve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now.

At least the last statement makes sense. We have to act to maintain our rights, they are all under attack.
We should not be surprised the Jomalla would campaign on caskets. He has been a two faced liar during the last election, he was a two faced liar in the 1988 election campaign. It's proven he cheated and plagerized his way to the bottom group of college. She has made her way up the ladder on her knees.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Texas AG...

image.png.687772d27bb34818e0a7f0d53a930f19.png

Damn, we need more AGs like that Paxton fellow.

Although I believe gun control is currently number 6 or 7 on the Biden administration wish list, I have no doubt it will come up.  Maybe with Biden in office, maybe not.  He didn't even mention taxing ammunition or executive orders.  However, the VP is a thorough bred gun grabber and I believe will be the president in the not-so-distant future.  If Kamala is in the White House, I expect priorities to be adjusted.  All this is out the window if there is a major mass shooting.  

It's looking more like we woke up in Red China. Those sorry conservatives need to start attacking Biden like they did Trump. Day in and out. Who cares if its the truth or not. (They didn't) I lost a lot of respect for the office and our election process in this last go round and it's time they got some of their own medicine 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Sunfish said:

It's looking more like we woke up in Red China. Those sorry conservatives need to start attacking Biden like they did Trump. Day in and out. Who cares if its the truth or not. (They didn't) I lost a lot of respect for the office and our election process in this last go round and it's time they got some of their own medicine 

So it’s cool to talk politics again? This thread is about a 2A concern. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sunfish said:

I agree, we need to keep them on the defensive, keep their attention on things other than taking our rights away...you know, like the 2A.

• Moderators

Hey y’all, keep the focus directly on the 2A. 

To that end, we all need to keep the pressure on all of our Congress critters and ensure they know that any action against the 2A will result in electoral consequences. 

Don’t threaten to vote for their opponent in the general. Even in TN most seats are safe due to gerrymandering. Threaten to find and support a primary challenger who supports the 2A. As an example, a Republican Rep will never beat Steve Cohen in Memphis, but a pro 2A democrat might strip him of his seat in the primary which is the real election for that seat. 

Time to get smart and get to work. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1