Biden Uses the Parkland Kids Caskets as a Pulpit for Mass Infringement of Gun Rights and the Death of the Gun Industry

Both our Senators and my  Representative  are pro-gun.  I have no control over any of the others. But I do speak up to mine when needed to remind them of what's what. 😉

Chuck, I'm afraid Cohen is a lifer. He'll hold his seat for as long as he wants and nobody will ever take it. There was a chance last year when he was challenged by a local black minister. But he got kicked out of the Democratic Party for being anti-abortion. The fix is in for Cohen. The Dems will never let anybody worthwhile oppose him. 😟

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
20 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Both our Senators and my  Representative  are pro-gun.  I have no control over any of the others. But I do speak up to mine when needed to remind them of what's what. 😉

Chuck, I'm afraid Cohen is a lifer. He'll hold his seat for as long as he wants and nobody will ever take it. There was a chance last year when he was challenged by a local black minister. But he got kicked out of the Democratic Party for being anti-abortion. The fix is in for Cohen. The Dems will never let anybody worthwhile oppose him. 😟

You’re probably right, and that’s by design. His seat is safe because it’s designed to be that way. It’s why the primary is the real election there. I only use that as an example a way to let our critters know that we know how the game is played. That’s how you exert pressure. By making it clear you understand how the game works because you’ve been paying attention, and will continue to pay attention. 

• Like 1

I have to assume David's news has been well distributed throughout the gun community. And they have been fast to mobilize. I was doing my Midway B-day order, and though, well I could get a couple more PMAGs. Wrong.

Just checked the major sites, AR PMAGS are OOS pretty much everywhere. While the pandemic frenzy has kept pressure on them, you could still get them pretty easily. Being OOS almost at the major online retailers in a few hours is not a great sign.

The magic BAN word in the message has folks snapping up everything. If you think you may need it, dont dilly dally.

I imagine tomorrow ill see the speculators at the LGS's buying up potential ban victims. The folks running Gunbroker are doing a happy dance right about now.

https://congresslookup.com/

Simple tool to look up the info to contact your Rep and our senators. 

Here's a copy/paste (please edit it so they see different messages) that you can use as a base if you'd like:

Hello Senator, 

I am writing to you today to inform you that I stand with the Firearms Policy Coalition and hundreds of millions of gun owners across the country in firm opposition to President Biden’s statement on February 14th calling for an egregious violation of our constitutional rights and civil liberties in the arbitrary banning of firearms and firearm accessories. 

It is a disgusting violation of the U.S. Constitution and an infringement on my and millions of other’s fundamental right to keep and bear arms. It puts bureaucratic officials in charge of whether we can exercise our inalienable rights and I strongly encourage you to oppose any such measures.

I am also incredibly offended and alarmed by the language in HR 127 Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing Act and believe that to be another incredible overreach of government that will directly put at harm hundreds of millions of law-abiding citizens across the country and violate the protections offered by the U.S. Constitution. I would like to know if you have heard of this act and what your thoughts are, as well as let you know that I expect you as my Congressional representative to actively stand out against this act in order to earn my vote, or else I will be looking for another candidate to support in the next Primary. 

Sincerely,

• Like 2
17 hours ago, deerslayer said:

I don't consider myself a TGO prognosticator, but I believed that a Biden administration would put other things first--their obsession with destroying America's chances at energy self-reliance, reparations, LGBTQ, punish the police, woke agenda disguised as covid relief, etc. UNLESS a mass shooting occurs.  The statement above calls on Congress to enact the usual common sense drivel, so hopefully it's just lip service to the gun grabber crowd.  

I don't think it's an immediate concern of them but it's on the radar and what ever they will try to pull off will happen before the 2022 election cycle.   We probably have nine months to a year before they begin their full on assault.

8 hours ago, Erich said:

I have to assume David's news has been well distributed throughout the gun community. And they have been fast to mobilize. I was doing my Midway B-day order, and though, well I could get a couple more PMAGs. Wrong.

Just checked the major sites, AR PMAGS are OOS pretty much everywhere. While the pandemic frenzy has kept pressure on them, you could still get them pretty easily. Being OOS almost at the major online retailers in a few hours is not a great sign.

The magic BAN word in the message has folks snapping up everything. If you think you may need it, dont dilly dally.

I imagine tomorrow ill see the speculators at the LGS's buying up potential ban victims. The folks running Gunbroker are doing a happy dance right about now.

They are practically giving those things away at every gun store in the knoxville area..... PMAGS are everywhere here.  Not to get off topic but if you need some ill buy them for you and send them your way if you like.

Edited by Krull
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Moderators
19 minutes ago, Krull said:

They are practically giving those things away at every gun store in the knoxville area..... PMAGS are everywhere here.  Not to get off topic but if you need some ill buy them for you and send them your way if you like.

Well, maybe. Serious question:

Have you been to every gun-store since noon yesterday? I checked a few places online that have had decent stock over the previous year. Out of stock on a few of them. When there’s a run, it’s a sprint. 

46 minutes ago, Krull said:

That's is a very generous offer and I appreciate that!  I dont really need any, maybe a few more AR10 pmags.  It was more to take advantage of the rare Midway discount if they had a good price on em. You know how it is, I dont need that...wait its on sale. I blame my wife for getting me to start thinking that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Administrator
22 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

I recall being told by TGO prognosticators that we that believed he would immediately start pursuing gun control were in a bubble and he had more important matters, healer in chief, children back to school, whoop covids ass, and gun control issues wouldn't come until the mid terms. Sounds to me like he wants it NOW 🙄

All actions taken by the government in the week before the inauguration, the quick pivot of the Biden / Harris administration from duplicitous cries for "unity" toward the narrative that the window of opportunity for the GOP to "work with us" was closing, and the continued presence of miles of barbed wire-topped fences and armed troops manning them in Washington DC has told me all I needed to know about where this was headed.

Biden and Harris and the Democrats entrenched in places of power want us disarmed.  Period.  NOW.

Conservatives are now all racist, White Supremacist, radical Far-Right, separatist, secessionist, militia thugs with Weapons of War and the blood of children on our hands.  We must be disarmed immediately for the safety of society, and they are gearing up to use force to do it.

The reality is that they don't give two ####s about the children, otherwise the lives of unborn children would matter to them.  The reason they want your guns is because of the reason that our founding fathers thought you SHOULD have them.

Any of you who have sat on your hands and not written, called, emailed or visited your representatives at the State and Federal level need to get off your asses and do it.  Contact the Democrats and the Republicans.  They BOTH represent you if you live in their district.  I think people often forget that and only contact the party they vote for, which is just dumb.  Engage both of them.

The time for this option is what's coming quickly to a close.  Once the Federal Government passes legislation and sends troops or police who are just "following the law" to come seize your property from you, it's going to be too late to call that politician.

Do it.  Now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

That's seems really dark for you David. It almost made me soil myself a bit.

Even though I expected some real &*!& storm, to see the nuclear option in writing....well damn.

I am glad you referred to the full spectrum of events and interrelationship. Though they are items that are of a political nature and not 2A on the surface, so verboten, their significance is crucial for folks here to understand if they did not really understand the true nature of what has been occurring over the better part of the year. 

With that mind, and the full realization that these other political ideas are in fact inextricably linked to their well engineered, orchestrated, and executed attack on 2A....I submit perhaps considering some limited references and discussion of those when used in proper context.

I'm going to bet not all have connected the dots as we watched the media spin and propagandize to get the players cast in a certain light.  As it is right now, I'm taking around it as it can bring a warning.

I appreciate that looking back at precipitating events  / movements, linking any of them (or their misuse as media tools) to 2A concerns and the resultant publicly accepted opinion of gun owners could be very very problematic for some.  Its probably wishful thinking if it was felt folks could not handle it before.  

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Look at it this way y'all, if they take our guns, the ridiculous ammo prices stops being a problem.

• Like 1

All you have to do is look at the past year. When Antifa and BLM were rioting,  burning, looting and even murdering people, the Democrats turned a blind eye or even encouraged it.  But when protesters came knocking at their door, they're bound and determined to find and punish every last one of them.  They only care about there own butts. 

That's what gun control is really all about. More power for them and no power for the citizens. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, TGO David said:

All actions taken by the government in the week before the inauguration, the quick pivot of the Biden / Harris administration from duplicitous cries for "unity" toward the narrative that the window of opportunity for the GOP to "work with us" was closing, and the continued presence of miles of barbed wire-topped fences and armed troops manning them in Washington DC has told me all I needed to know about where this was headed.

Biden and Harris and the Democrats entrenched in places of power want us disarmed.  Period.  NOW.

Conservatives are now all racist, White Supremacist, radical Far-Right, separatist, secessionist, militia thugs with Weapons of War and the blood of children on our hands.  We must be disarmed immediately for the safety of society, and they are gearing up to use force to do it.

The reality is that they don't give two ####s about the children, otherwise the lives of unborn children would matter to them.  The reason they want your guns is because of the reason that our founding fathers thought you SHOULD have them.

Any of you who have sat on your hands and not written, called, emailed or visited your representatives at the State and Federal level need to get off your asses and do it.  Contact the Democrats and the Republicans.  They BOTH represent you if you live in their district.  I think people often forget that and only contact the party they vote for, which is just dumb.  Engage both of them.

The time for this option is what's coming quickly to a close.  Once the Federal Government passes legislation and sends troops or police who are just "following the law" to come seize your property from you, it's going to be too late to call that politician.

Do it.  Now.

I have well over 100 emails and untold phone calls, etc just since the election. 

If you are sitting on your hands doing nothing then you have no right to complain or act surprised. Kinda like the ammo situation.

And if you think playing nice, being reasonable or any decent thought processes are going to work then you've already lost. We've been at war for a long time. Many just don't want to a accept that fact. If you think Trump is who was hated you've not been paying attention. This group hates me and any other 2A defending, conservative, patriotic citizen. And I'm not talking just about the Democrat party. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, Erich said:

That's seems really dark for you David. It almost made me soil myself a bit.

Even though I expected some real &*!& storm, to see the nuclear option in writing....well damn.

We do our absolute best on TGO to put the best face forward, welcome all manner of diversity in our members, preach that the 2A is for everyone, bequeath the love of responsible firearms use and ownership to the next generation and motivate folks to do their individual yet massively impactful "small part" by voting for Pro-2A legislation and legislators.

For years the number of us who are willing to do what @TripleGGG described and write and call and email and petition the lawmakers to preserve the Second Amendment has been an abysmally low percentage compared to the overall tally of people who have bought guns during the same period of time.  People prefer the convenience of writing a check or keying credit card numbers into a website to send the NRA, GOA, 2AF, JPFO, TFA and FPC off to represent them. 

While TGO's population may be very different and out of the norm, I know in my gut that most gun owners, at large, want to outsource the work because it takes too much time to make phone calls, send emails, write letters, and visit politicians in person to ask them to represent us according to our wishes, our values and our interests.  But these same people will spend countless hours on the Internet scouring the buy/sell/trade pages for a new gun or stand in line, in the rain, for an hour before a big-box retailer opens just for the slight chance they might get to buy some ammo.

Gun owners will spend HOURS on the Internet arguing with each other over terminal ballistics, whether a shoot they saw in the news was "good" or not, or whether open carry is a good or bad idea, but they won't spend a half hour sending emails or making phone calls.

We, the supposed 2A Community, have obsessed over the wrong damned things year after year.  We've voted for representatives from the political party that is not only renowned for pushing gun control but makes it a speaking point for their platform and openly TELLS us what they want to do to the Second Amendment, because "Orange Man bad".  We've voted for independent candidates who didn't have a chance in hell of getting elected, splintering the vote for the candidate who could've, and rejoiced in taking the moral high ground while just a little further downhill the ground we bought was eroding out from under us.

As a whole, the 2A Community sucks at defending the cause we supposedly care about.  We suck at making it mainstream because it's more fun and edgy to strap a rifle across our chests and scare the soccer moms watching a gun rights rally from the sidelines.  We suck at making it inclusive because we don't want to welcome the gays or the blacks or the browns or the atheists or the Muslims to our table.  We've forgot that welcoming isn't just an adjective but also a damned VERB.

And so, we've lost ground.  Countless times we've lost battles in this war to preserve an essential Civil Right because we can't agree on the specifics and don't understand that a good-enough plan executed NOW is better than a perfect plan executed NEVER.  We are so independent and libertarian in our thinking that we've become near-sighted and unable to see past what's good for us as individuals and see what's good for our community. 

We haven't made the Second Amendment palatable, let alone relevant, to the undecided centrist voter because we don't consider that they are more likely to vote against a cause that isn't important to them if pop-culture tells them it's evil, bad and scary and they don't have anything else to go on.  We've pissed away opportunity after opportunity to educate, inform, evangelize and expand the 2A Community. 

We've even pissed away chances to defend it, ourselves, by just making phone calls or pulling the correct lever at the polling booth even if it felt a little like being a "single issue voter" at the time.

I really hope we've still got a chance to save the Second Amendment.  I think we do.  But it's time for the bull#### to stop.  We've got to be more present, more polite, more professional, more compelling and absolutely light up the phone lines and email inboxes of not just the politicians we've voted for but also the ones we've voted against.  If we live in their district, they represent us - like it or not.  We need to remind them, without threats or bravado, that they work for us and this is what we, their constituents, expand and demand from them:  NO MORE GUN LAWS.  DEFEND THIS CIVIL RIGHT.

If we can't do this... we've asked for it and it isn't going to just blow over.  They're going to come for your guns and if you refuse to comply, you will  be forced into poverty from the fines levied, be sent to prison, or worse.

The game isn't over, but it's absolutely underway.  Get in it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Moderators
55 minutes ago, TGO David said:

We do our absolute best on TGO to put the best face forward, welcome all manner of diversity in our members, preach that the 2A is for everyone, bequeath the love of responsible firearms use and ownership to the next generation and motivate folks to do their individual yet massively impactful "small part" by voting for Pro-2A legislation and legislators.

For years the number of us who are willing to do what @TripleGGG described and write and call and email and petition the lawmakers to preserve the Second Amendment has been an abysmally low percentage compared to the overall tally of people who have bought guns during the same period of time.  People prefer the convenience of writing a check or keying credit card numbers into a website to send the NRA, GOA, 2AF, JPFO, TFA and FPC off to represent them. 

While TGO's population may be very different and out of the norm, I know in my gut that most gun owners, at large, want to outsource the work because it takes too much time to make phone calls, send emails, write letters, and visit politicians in person to ask them to represent us according to our wishes, our values and our interests.  But these same people will spend countless hours on the Internet scouring the buy/sell/trade pages for a new gun or stand in line, in the rain, for an hour before a big-box retailer opens just for the slight chance they might get to buy some ammo.

Gun owners will spend HOURS on the Internet arguing with each other over terminal ballistics, whether a shoot they saw in the news was "good" or not, or whether open carry is a good or bad idea, but they won't spend a half hour sending emails or making phone calls.

We, the supposed 2A Community, have obsessed over the wrong damned things year after year.  We've voted for representatives from the political party that is not only renowned for pushing gun control but makes it a speaking point for their platform and openly TELLS us what they want to do to the Second Amendment, because "Orange Man bad".  We've voted for independent candidates who didn't have a chance in hell of getting elected, splintering the vote for the candidate who could've, and rejoiced in taking the moral high ground while just a little further downhill the ground we bought was eroding out from under us.

As a whole, the 2A Community sucks at defending the cause we supposedly care about.  We suck at making it mainstream because it's more fun and edgy to strap a rifle across our chests and scare the soccer moms watching a gun rights rally from the sidelines.  We suck at making it inclusive because we don't want to welcome the gays or the blacks or the browns or the atheists or the Muslims to our table.  We've forgot that welcoming isn't just an adjective but also a damned VERB.

And so, we've lost ground.  Countless times we've lost battles in this war to preserve an essential Civil Right because we can't agree on the specifics and don't understand that a good-enough plan executed NOW is better than a perfect plan executed NEVER.  We are so independent and libertarian in our thinking that we've become near-sighted and unable to see past what's good for us as individuals and see what's good for our community. 

We haven't made the Second Amendment palatable, let alone relevant, to the undecided centrist voter because we don't consider that they are more likely to vote against a cause that isn't important to them if pop-culture tells them it's evil, bad and scary and they don't have anything else to go on.  We've pissed away opportunity after opportunity to educate, inform, evangelize and expand the 2A Community. 

We've even pissed away chances to defend it, ourselves, by just making phone calls or pulling the correct lever at the polling booth even if it felt a little like being a "single issue voter" at the time.

I really hope we've still got a chance to save the Second Amendment.  I think we do.  But it's time for the bull#### to stop.  We've got to be more present, more polite, more professional, more compelling and absolutely light up the phone lines and email inboxes of not just the politicians we've voted for but also the ones we've voted against.  If we live in their district, they represent us - like it or not.  We need to remind them, without threats or bravado, that they work for us and this is what we, their constituents, expand and demand from them:  NO MORE GUN LAWS.  DEFEND THIS CIVIL RIGHT.

If we can't do this... we've asked for it and it isn't going to just blow over.  They're going to come for your guns and if you refuse to comply, you will  be forced into poverty from the fines levied, be sent to prison, or worse.

The game isn't over, but it's absolutely underway.  Get in it.

Lets Go Tattoo GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, TGO David said:

I live in an all republican district, but I would point out that, unlike the Republicans, Democrats have voted en bloc on every major law and action from well before Obama was in office IIRC. They think that their vision of America is supported by the constituents that elected them into office to begin with; therefore, THEY VOTE WITH THEIR PARTY and thus do not give a 💩 what you or I say. Even Democrats that live in a closely divided electorate have voted en bloc, i.e. Manchin. They all do polls of their constituents to see were they sit on issues, so don't think that if the majority of their constituents support "common sense" gun control that they will  consider your rights when they vote for the law. The only thing that gets their attention is when the people fight back - hence the barbed wire-topped fence and National Guard soldiers surrounding the capital building.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, TGO David said:

...As a whole, the 2A Community sucks at defending the cause we supposedly care about.  We suck at making it mainstream because it's more fun and edgy to strap a rifle across our chests and scare the soccer moms watching a gun rights rally from the sidelines.  We suck at making it inclusive because we don't want to welcome the gays or the blacks or the browns or the atheists or the Muslims to our table.  We've forgot that welcoming isn't just an adjective but also a damned VERB.

Inclusivity and education are huge factors. 

Indeed, the continued talk about "good guys with guns" and armed protests with militia is a losing proposition because it is translated as quite threatening to many people. Many folks don't want to live that way.

Do you want people on your side? Help them and their causes - don't work to subvert issues that are near and dear to them. Stay clear of negativity.

Quit demonizing "liberals" and others you may perceive as opposition. They merely have a different opinion and indeed, opinions can and do change (but not if you antagonize or marginalize)

Be understanding and empathetic to those suffering the consequences of gun violence.

Work to include others and teach folks the fun of shooting sports. I suggest finding ways to create "free" 2nd Amendment camps to bring in new young people and teach them safety as well as new skills.

The Second Amendment belongs to all of us, like it or not, and it's best not to congregate in just one tent. 

That's my two cents...

Edited by Swamp ash
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Current headline on Fox News site

It's old news, from Sunday, but worth a few minutes to read for anyone who cares about the 2A

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/psaki-gun-control-a-priority-biden-not-afraid-of-standing-up-to-the-nra

Psaki: Gun control a 'priority,' Biden 'not afraid of standing up' to the NRA

Biden said his administration 'will not wait for the next mass shooting' to push for gun control

5 hours ago, Swamp ash said:

Do you want people on your side? Help them and their causes - don't work to subvert issues that are near and dear to them. Stay clear of negativity.

Quit demonizing "liberals" and others you may perceive as opposition. They merely have a different opinion and indeed, opinions can and do change (but not if you antagonize or marginalize)

The cause of many groups these days is the destruction of capitalism, the end of free speech, retribution against anyone that doesn't completely agree with them (especially if they are white), and replacing law and order with anarchy.  Why would any sane individual help them in that cause?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Even Democrats that live in a closely divided electorate have voted en bloc, i.e. Manchin.

Not as such...Manchin has a pretty consistent record of voting how he wants.  This is his % against the party by seated Congress (2yr blocks) since 2015.

"Sen. Manchin voted against a majority of Senate Democrats 134 times (27.2%) in the 114th Congress (2015-16). The average Senate Democrat voted against his or her party 6.1% of the time."

"Sen. Manchin voted against a majority of Senate Democrats 153 times (25.8%) in the 115th Congress (2017-18). He ranks 1st among all senators in voting against his party. The average Senate Democrat voted against his or her party 8.8% of the time."

"Sen. Manchin voted against a majority of Senate Democrats 174 times (24.8%) in the 116th Congress (2019-20). He ranks 2nd among all senators in voting against his party. The average Senate Democrat voted against his or her party 11.0% of the time."

"Sen. Manchin has voted against a majority of Senate Democrats 13 times (22.0%) in the 117th Congress (2021-22). He ranks 1st among all senators in voting against his party. The average Senate Democrat votes against his or her party 2.2% of the time."

https://projects.propublica.org/represent/members/M001183/votes-against-party/115

Nothing gun related gets through unless he'll support it.  He's probably okay with background checks, ending non-FFL sales, and would let a debate over a registry happen, but I doubt he'd vote for it or an AWB.

I think Manchin will go with his party on that, but even if he doesn't, Romney and a couple other Republicans probably would support an AWB.  If there is any chance of stopping it, I think it will be in the House of Representatives. 

On 2/15/2021 at 5:33 PM, Grayfox54 said:

All you have to do is look at the past year. When Antifa and BLM were rioting,  burning, looting and .......

That's what gun control is really all about. More power for them and no power for the citizens. 

Well there you went and named the things I was (maybe too obviously) talking around....because they are where (?) no no's.

Weaponizing civil rights! Control of Media.

The building blocks of securing 1A for the few to control the message, use against the many who are forbidden to use 1A or have a forum to demonstrate for their beliefs or protect their rights.

Edited by Erich
  • Like 1