TGO road report

RED333

I live right off of Central Pike, just East of 840.  Left the house around 5 and ran out to West End, then picked my wife up from Summit Medical Center.  Got back home about 7:30, zero problems.  Went out to the garage an hour later and almost fell on the driveway, solid sheet of ice.  

45 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’ve been driving through across all day today. I chose 840 around Crashville because the reports showed it was already jacked up by midday. In Memphis right now, light blowing snow, roads mostly clear. N. Little Rock tonight is the goal. 

Be safe. My brother has to make that run to Little Rock in the morning. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
10 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Be safe. My brother has to make that run to Little Rock in the morning. 

According to the snow projections, he should be prepared to cancel. I was gonna post up in west Memphis, but decided I needed to push on to LR because Memphis is about to get dumped on, hard. 

• Like 1
Just now, Chucktshoes said:

According to the snow projections, he should be prepared to cancel. I was gonna post up in west Memphis, but decided I needed to push on to LR because Memphis is about to get dumped on, hard. 

You’re probably right.  He made the run Friday at a snells pace, and he’s extremely apprehensive about having to go tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, KahrMan said:

Bellevue is solid ice with more sleet coming down. 

Can't comment on roads here in East Nashville since I haven't been out since early morning when this first started, but I can tell you that my drive is ice! Heavy coat and it's still coming down so hard it sounds like a good steady rain.

We are on a dead end, with an uphill grade that stops at the cross street. A good slow incline until the last 40-50 feet that has close to a 40% incline.

I don't foresee getting out of here for a while.

Lofton Rd , in Lascassas, is solid sheet of ice. Been up since 5 and not seen but one car go by our house in the last 2 hours. Just took our dog out and can hear cars moving on 96 East, but not many and going slow. More snow forecasted later today. Don't have any snow now just sleet/ice. Dog hated it.

Just fed the red birds on top of the ice. Got about 25 pairs this morning and about 45 doves right now. Trying to get them fed before the black birds and starlings invade. When they get here its over for the song birds. Be careful if you get out.

Great to be retired on a day like today.  Sitting back sipping my joe, and watching hunting on the Outdoor channel. Gotta love it guys!  Soon to be 73(March 4) and enjoying God's beauty and offer of salvation. Got few worries about my future because I am prepared in both ways. Made peace with God, and lots of groceries, Bread/Milk. Life is grand this morning!!!! 

• Like 1

Keep a watch on the trees around you if the ice starts to build up. Maybe reconsider where you normally park your vehicles if they are in the path of falling tree branches. Unless you hate your vehicle. In that case just leave it under the tree. Be safe out there guys.

• Like 3

Yesterday I went to get dog food, as I knew the weather would get worse this week.  Roads were good but doors on one side of truck were frozen. Started both generators and ran them  for a few minutes.

There is no way I'd be on the road today.  I broke my ankle on the ice a few years ago.  I'm too old to go thru a repeat of that.  It's a good time to open the safes, clean guns, inventory ammo.

• Like 1