Moving in... probably

Hello! My wife and I are planning to move from the Atlanta area to somewhere in Southeast Tennessee, maybe within 2021. We don't like the shifting political climate in the Atlanta area, and in fact the direction of the entire state of Georgia, crime is going up, and as my wife puts it, it's too "peoplely" around us. We are both strong advocates of conservative values and the 2nd Amendment, are handgun shooters -- the wife for self-defense and me also for sport -- and I'm a NRA Life Member.

I joined to start learning about the state of the RKBA and shooting in general in Tennessee, and maybe continue as a resident.

• Like 3

I feel for yah.....  for 38 years I voted the NRA pro gun line in NY and in the end, didn't mean jack... The big cities are like cancerous sores that bleed the liberal infection into their burbs at first then the state its self falls to its stench. Its a certain form of depression that you can't explain unless you actually lived in it. I pray TN never, ever lets its guard down but even here, its brewing. Its small things like the state contracting NPR to provide school programming of sorts. There's naive politicians about every where these days. That said, Welcome. Retiring here was the best move of my life and hope it may be yours as well!

• Like 1

Welcome to TGO. I sympathize, having left CA not to long ago I can tell you its worth the effort if you have a good plan and reasons other than 2A.

In the past 2 years I've driven thru Atlanta over a couple dozen times. I just cant see what possess someone to be in that hot mess. And of course felt sorry for anyone who lived there as we watched them becoming the newest liberal darling.