Beyond First Aid - the most valuable training class you will take!

My likelihood of treating a gunshot wound as a result of a training accident or gun fight is pretty low.

The worst thing that could happen would be traveling down Chapman Highway, heading home from a special dinner with my beloved wife.

It was a wonderful dinner and conversation and we are looking forward to the rest of our evening, safe and secure in our home.

Maybe you've been in a similar situation, maybe it's your plan for tonight.

Then, some idiot drunk driver hits us head on.

GREAT NEWS: seat belts and air bags work exactly as designed.

HOWEVER: shards of flying glass and metal severely lacerate my wife's arms and torso and while waiting for First Responders, I watch her bleed out because:
I had no recent training
I did not have appropriate gear
I did not know how to properly apply a tourniquet, pressure bandage or chest seal

I thought, "stuff like this only happens to other people."
  • If you are in or witness a horrific car wreck, could you render aid?
  • Have you ever taken or when was the last time you took a medical class?
  • Do you know how to treat a gunshot wound in the event of a negligent discharge or violent encounter?
  • Can you treat your extremities and that of others to prevent a friend, colleague or family member from bleeding out?
  • What are the current protocols for CPR?
  • Does your home, auto and/or individual first aid kit have appropriate content for typical traumatic injuries?
  • If you would like to gain basic knowledge and skill to treat potentially life threatening injuries, this class is for you.
If you have taken multiple pistol, carbine, rifle and shotgun classes, it might be time for a medical class or refresher to get current.

When: Sat, March 20 or Sun, March 21 

Less than 7 spots remaining Saturday
Less than 9 spots remaining Sunday

Presented by Randy Harris, www.harriscombative.com

Assisted by Gabe Ros and A.J. Holst

Where: Windrock Shooting Range and Training Center, https://windrockshootingrange.com/

Time: 9:00a - 4:00p

Cost $160.00

A Commitment via PM (to me, please) with preferred day will reserve you a spot.
A Deposit or Paid-in-Full will guarantee your registration and day (if still available)

PAYPAL, friends and family option: cruelhandluke2000@yahoo.com

Cash /check options: Accepted Day Of and our host, Eric Matson with Windrock, is willing to accept payments

What to Expect:
Blocks of instruction on how to treat self and others:
Tourniquets
Packing / Anti-clotting agents
Chest Seals
Bandages/Splits
Current CPR protocols 
and More!

What to bring:
Note taking material
Whatever first aid kit you have
Eye and Ear Protection
Handgun and carry gear
Round count: 10 - 20, not to exceed 20

To invite and welcome non-shooting interested parties, you may opt-out of the live fire portion of the class (last hour)
Edited by A.J. Holst
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you A.J and Randy!

I would highly recommend this class to pretty much everybody

You don't need to be a "Gun Person" to benefit immensely from this training. The context A.J. presented is spot on. 

This is knowledge and these are skills that are needed and useful each and every day.

I admit to bias, as I know Randy and A.J. and have trained with them several times. They are outstanding instructors...teachers if you will... and fine people to boot.

Congrats and a Thank you for presenting this class.

Edited by Jamie Jackson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

2 seats remain available Saturday

We still have 9 for Sunday

@Jamie Jackson donated some cool stuff for us to practice with and on, including a leg.

For the live fire portion of class, you can opt to shoot once / 10 rounds.

You may get an opportunity to expend up to 30 rounds depending upon range efficiency.

Great facility for teaching, training and shooting, backed up with awesome owner and staff.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I took the class today with Randy and AJ and have to admit it was a very serious topic that terrified me.  Randy and AJ did an amazing job introducing us to different trauma care techniques.   I think our whole group really had a lot of fun learning. We started the morning learning about life threatening injuries and how to treat them. We reviewed different tourniquets and bandages and tested them out on each other. Then we went outside and put our training to use. Randy shot a perfectly good pork roast, but it was a brilliant way to demonstrate how deep a gunshot wound could go and how much gauze it takes to fill it. We did a little live fire (at targets not each other) to simulate a realistic scenario of having to treat ourselves in the field. Randy an d AJ were amazing instructors and we had a really awesome class. Looking forward to more classes at Windrock Shooting Range. 

Untitled.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2