Looking for World war 2 military PPK

Charles Wonder

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the guy that owned Nashville Sporting Arms may have had one. I recall he had WWII German pistol, in the matching leather case. Looking a photos of WWII PPKs and holsters on line that is similar to what I saw in his shop this time last year. Unfortunately He went out of business during covid. Not due to covid but I think the owner of the property forced him out. There is still a number on line for Nashville Sporting Arms. You might try that direction. 

My father was walking talking history. He was a German officer on the Russian front during WWII. When I got older, and he started sharing stories with me, I was surprised to find out he didn't carry a Luger for a sidearm, it was a PPK. He was captured by the Russians in '44 and was a POW in Kiev. Always wondered if some Russian kept that PPK and passed it down over the years. He survived hell and back. Glad he did, or I wouldn't be here. 😆

Walt, I love hearing the stories about your Dad. 
 I have one, it almost tore our family apart. Once when I was about 12 at a family reunion, talk about the PPK was brought up and my Grandmother said if anything ever happened to her I would get it. My uncle went ballistic and she finally told him and everyone else that she was going to sell it. She did. Fast forward almost 40 years I found out she sold it to my Dad and he left to me.

Good luck with your search. I’ve shot mine a few times lately. 

Archived