Agape Tactical - Opinions Needed

I've taken several classes from them and will do it again as soon as I'm able.聽 Health issues put a damper on my training.聽 Their range is near Coopertown which is a great location for me.聽 They are good at instructions and monitoring students performance, quick to call someone out who is not following the safety rules.聽 You get plenty of shooting and I think they have chosen well in their selection of exercises.聽 I really like the people, no foul language and no bravado. 聽 They don't waste time telling you a lot of war stories, etc.聽 Level 1 course starts out a little slow as they cover the 4 safety rules, safety procedures, and range rules, then cover the basics of a firearm and draw.聽 However, well before the first hour is over you will have emptied a few magazines.聽 For level 2 and above they cover the safety rules and procedures, then go right into shooting, starting off with drills you learned in previous classes.聽聽 Each class usually has two competitions.聽 I haven't taken any classes since the covid-19 shutdown, so things may have changed.

Cons (but not deal breaker for me): For smaller classes they may only have 1 instructor on site.聽 I really think for safety there should always be 2.聽 They only teach what everyone else teaches.聽 If you have special needs such as physical limitations you maybe out of luck.聽 I'm not saying they discriminate against handicaps, I'm saying they don't offer out of the box solutions for people physically not able to do a drill the way they teach it.聽 If there were more instructors on sight maybe this would not be a problem.

On 3/1/2021 at 2:28 AM, Safety-First said:

I've taken several classes from them and will do it again as soon as I'm able.聽 Health issues put a damper on my training.聽 Their range is near Coopertown which is a great location for me.聽 They are good at instructions and monitoring students performance, quick to call someone out who is not following the safety rules.聽 You get plenty of shooting and I think they have chosen well in their selection of exercises.聽 I really like the people, no foul language and no bravado. 聽 They don't waste time telling you a lot of war stories, etc.聽 Level 1 course starts out a little slow as they cover the 4 safety rules, safety procedures, and range rules, then cover the basics of a firearm and draw.聽 However, well before the first hour is over you will have emptied a few magazines.聽 For level 2 and above they cover the safety rules and procedures, then go right into shooting, starting off with drills you learned in previous classes.聽聽 Each class usually has two competitions.聽 I haven't taken any classes since the covid-19 shutdown, so things may have changed.

Cons (but not deal breaker for me): For smaller classes they may only have 1 instructor on site.聽 I really think for safety there should always be 2.聽 They only teach what everyone else teaches.聽 If you have special needs such as physical limitations you maybe out of luck.聽 I'm not saying they discriminate against handicaps, I'm saying they don't offer out of the box solutions for people physically not able to do a drill the way they teach it.聽 If there were more instructors on sight maybe this would not be a problem.

Our church security team has used Agape for about 3 years now. 聽Quality, experienced instructors, and as Safety-First stated, they're more interested in teaching than bragging on what they can do.

Handgun classes begin with the basics, safety and shooting fundamentals and proceed through shooting on the move and using cover to room clearing in a shoot house. 聽A Tac4 classes introduces physical and mental stress.

Our team also took their non-firearm classes, non-aggressive subject control, hard empty hand (spear technique) and disarming techniques.

Overall, I would highly recommend training with Ken and his team.

• Like 1

I took a course with them back in 2019. I was impressed enough with their classes to write a review for them on Google. I took the easy route and pasted that review here 馃槃

I took the Tactical Handgun course with Agape Tactical as part of a group training session. None of our group were novices. Given the experience of the instructors, they picked up on that fact quickly, so they sped up the training to suit our skill levels.聽 That said, they did not skimp on the safety and basics at the beginning of the session - they ensured that we all had a great level-set and knew how to be safe!聽 I took a Saturday class and we trained all day (brought our lunch for a quick break). I had a great experience and I learned a lot, even though I grew up around firearms. I received so much value from the class and would highly recommend their services to anyone wanting to learn more defense- and fighting-oriented handgun skills.

• Like 3