Optics ready pistolas... Somethin to play with or the " Real Deal "..?

leroy

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Defender said:

Another quick question.  Di the installation  of a red dot on your pistol require you to buy new holsters?

Depends on the holster. Some can be modified and some already have the clearance. I bought new holsters because AIWB necessitated it. 

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I don’t have a P365XL, but I’m going to make a recommendation anyway because it’s the same recommendation pretty much regardless of pistol. For that size gun, get either a RMRcc, or a Holosun 507k (my choice). Nothing else is durable enough or of sufficient quality to be an EDC optic.

I think using the Holosun 507K will require the P365's optics pocket to be modified slightly.  The rear recoil lugs have to be removed and the front lugs have to be reduced in height slightly.  That said, I'd still go with the 508K over the RMRcc if it were me.  🙂

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Defender said:

Another quick question.  Di the installation  of a red dot on your pistol require you to buy new holsters?

I bought new light-compatible holsters that would clear the dot after I got it installed, but I just took the trusty ol’ dremel cutoff wheel to my old ones for when I don’t want to carry that big aiwb rig.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TGO David said:

I think using the Holosun 507K will require the P365's optics pocket to be modified slightly.  The rear recoil lugs have to be removed and the front lugs have to be reduced in height slightly.  That said, I'd still go with the 508K over the RMRcc if it were me.  🙂

That’s the Hellcat. 😁

I’m actually thinking of getting another 507k for my Hellcat. Don’t know what I’m going to do with that stupid Swampfox Sentinel. 

I too have come to prefer the Holosun over the trijicon offerings. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I think the Shield SMSc fits a Hellcat w/o any modification. 

It does, but I have zero interest in that optic. I got a Swampfox because it used the same footprint. I believe that modifying the slide for the Holosun footprint is a better option now. Once again I learn the that I should have bought once and cried once. 

I am also curious about this. The pistols I carry are offbeat so buying a premilled slide is out of the question. I also believe it needs to be tried before I commit. Someone previously stated the slides are very expensive. My thought is to buy one of the new SCCY pistols with red dot from factory. If I like it, I can try having one of my slides milled. If it doesn't suit me I can resell the SCCY and not lose much.

I had to check out an ad on armslist that pictures a pair of engraved inlaid 1911s. the company that does the work also mills slides. Their work LOOKS exceptional and reviews are good. Sorry cannot remember the website off top of my head but if you see the ad,,,you'll know.

Can anyone recommend a good source for the HOLSUN 507C x29 (I think this is the right model  for my Sig P-365XL)?  I see it on Holosun.com for 341.16 and Amazon has it for 289.99 from multiple sellers.  I obviously don't want a counterfeit one, but I also want the best price.  Any suggestions?

Installed, big shout out to @joe4vol for use of his sight pusher in a parking lot on Bearden Hill.

Hope you and Mrs enjoyed a nice meal on your trip to Knoxville.

It is always to meet another TGOer in person!

My fears of 'ridiculously tight' were unfounded, once @joe4vol fitted the slide in place, a few quick turns on my part, and out it came.

I think I will like it, I already have a good habit, from constant carping, I mean coaching from @Cruel Hand Luke of bringing my pistol up into my eyeline; a few practice presentations and voila, there's the dot, every time.

Oordered a holster, need to sight it in and decide when  custom fabricated suppressor height sights will be added.

IMG_20210314_135542_01.jpg

• Like 3
On 3/14/2021 at 1:48 PM, Snaveba said:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/holosun-sub-compact-hs507k-x2-red-dot-sights.html

The 507c does not fit the P365XL. You want the 507K

Just ordered the 507K optic from Opticsplanet.com.  Got it for 300.97 OTD inc tax with free shipping and a 5% discount code  I found online.  Now Ive got a decision to make.  It will install on my Sig P-365XL Slide with no adapters, but to put it on my P-365 SAS slide, I need an aftermarket adapter.  A company called Nameless Armament sells the adapter for 40 bucks, and they say that due to variances in Sig's dimensions of the SAS sight pocket, final fitting may be required.  They offer to do that installation, inc fitting if necessary for free.  They said just send the slide and optic to them and pay postage. I carry my sig currently with the sas ported barrel and slide, but I'm think i might just put my original XL slide back on it, then keep my eyes open for another 365 to use with my sas slide.  Still not sure, but got a few days to decide til it comes in.  Thanks for all the help/guidance on here.

Edited by Defender
27 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I run a either a Tier One Axis Elite with a side car,

https://www.tier1concealed.com/products/axis-elite?variant=17963595235399

or a FDO 

https://www.fdoindustries.com/collections/kydex-holsters/products/forge-your-own-custom-holster

Both are AIWB, and both are comfortable. 

D0119993-B503-4A37-83AF-1C8BD9DB8D72.thumb.jpeg.ced1c2b5702b2e1c0c3ab76fa81d7bef.jpeg

Thanks, Ill check those out.  I've been using a Galco King Tuk, leather/kydex hybrid, which i like but they don't make one to fit the Red dot.  After my optic gets here I may try to do surgery on it before I order a new holster, but I want to try to lien up a few just in case.  Appreciate the help.

4 minutes ago, Defender said:

Thanks, Ill check those out.  I've been using a Galco King Tuk, leather/kydex hybrid, which i like but they don't make one to fit the Red dot.  After my optic gets here I may try to do surgery on it before I order a new holster, but I want to try to lien up a few just in case.  Appreciate the help.

33 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I run a either a Tier One Axis Elite with a side car,

https://www.tier1concealed.com/products/axis-elite?variant=17963595235399

or a FDO 

https://www.fdoindustries.com/collections/kydex-holsters/products/forge-your-own-custom-holster

Both are AIWB, and both are comfortable. 

D0119993-B503-4A37-83AF-1C8BD9DB8D72.thumb.jpeg.ced1c2b5702b2e1c0c3ab76fa81d7bef.jpeg

Quick question, does the sweat guard dig into you at all?  My current rig has a leather sweat guard so it doesn't bother me, despite my fatness, lol.

31 minutes ago, Defender said:

Quick question, does the sweat guard dig into you at all?  My current rig has a leather sweat guard so it doesn't bother me, despite my fatness, lol.

Not really. I’m not fat, but I’m also not  svelt. 185-190 and 5’11”. 

I also have a an IWB holster I put at the small of my back. I had to modify it with a dremel to work with the red dot. I did a write up here last year. 

it was in my write up on mounting the Shield SMSc to my P365XL. 

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 1