Returning one to Springfield

BJB

So I bought me a 9mm 911 and absolutely love the feel of this pistol. It is a little small for my gorilla hands but it has failure to feed about every other round. Talked to Springfield Rep. very personable and polite and stated that they will be glad to fix it. Just mail it to them. Even gave me a shipping label. 
SO; has anyone had to do

How long did it take to get it back 

My EMP went back for light primer strikes (titanium firing pin) to get get a proper steel firing pin. It received on a Tuesday and back in the mail on Thursday, so cant ask for much better. They have great customer service from the two times I have had to work with  them.

Good luck, I am sure they will get you sorted.

• Like 1

About 7-8 years ago my Springfield 1911A1 developed a crack in the lower barrel lug. This is my IDPA gun and at the time had had an estimated 30,000+ rounds of hardball through it. Springfield paid shipping both ways and IIRC the gun was fixed and back to me in 8 days. 

I've also contacted them about small things for used guns I've bought. Such as a missing screw or the take down tool for my Ultra-Compact. Every time they sent what I needed at no charge and it arrived within just a few days. 

Springfield has some of the best customer service of any gun company. No worries there. 👍

• Like 4

I sent them a 3" and later a 4" EMP, both for failure-to-feed issues.  Both times they opened up the chamber and relieved the feed ramp.  Both came back in a week or two and were good to go.  I know of a few others that have had the same experience.  Some people go overboard with the "full case support" stuff.  I have no idea why Springfield makes the chambers so tight on their 9mm 1911s, but they are happy to fix them.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So I mailed it on February 22. And got it back  on March 15. Not to bad of a turn around 

I have put this little pistol thru the test and it passed with flying colors. Everything I fed it , it ate. Not one problem. 
I have always been a Springfield fan, and this 911 is a Great little gun 

• Like 3
On 3/17/2021 at 5:47 AM, BJB said:

So I mailed it on February 22. And got it back  on March 15. Not to bad of a turn around 

I have put this little pistol thru the test and it passed with flying colors. Everything I fed it , it ate. Not one problem. 
I have always been a Springfield fan, and this 911 is a Great little gun 

Glad to hear of the quick turn around.  I have several SA pistols and rifles and all have been excellent in reliability and accuracy.  Their customer service was a factor in my repeated purchases from them, although I'd yet had a need to return anything to them.

• Like 1