TWD, Season 10.1 ...

I watched it. Not bad at all. Maggie's back with new friends, Connie is still alive and two new enemies. The Reapers and whoever those stormtroopers are that have Eugene and company. 

They added 6 new episodes to season 10 due to Covid  which is what they're showing now.  Season 11 is still kinda up in the air.  One of the new episodes is supposed to be Neegan's back story and how he came to be who he is. I'm looking forward to that one. 

2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

You catch what they failed to pick up after dealing with the sniper? 

Yep, they left that rifle behind. The only thing I can figure is that the sniper abandoned it and they left it because there was no more ammo. Ammunition on that show is as scarce as it is for us now. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Yep, they left that rifle behind. The only thing I can figure is that the sniper abandoned it and they left it because there was no more ammo. Ammunition on that show is as scarce as it is for us now. 🙄

Yes  i noticed that.  I decided several seasons ago that it was obvious that anyone with any type of technical skill, such as the ability to reload, the ability to refine gasoline, etc., does not survive in a zombie apocalypse ...

• Like 1

Well the simple fact that they had a reloading shop going at one point is a point of frustration for me. There should be enough brass and lead lying around (even if they have to resort to battery lead from all the cars) to keep them in bullets for a while. Standardize on a caliber that can use black powder and make it from scratch. Even everyone with only a revolver is better than nothing. I mean Eugene can make cyanide capsules from peach pits, but can't make primers or BP? If loading cases are too hard, at least make some smoke poles. Darrel running around with a 6 shot BP revolver would sit well with fans. Plus which is harder, making arrows from scratch or loading bullets???

Plus, with a sniper rifle, as the show projected his rifle to be (looked more like and AR to me with the quick glance, but internet says it is a Tikka T3x Tac A1), you don't need thousands of rounds. 50 rounds could make a big difference. 

I too long ago had to abandon real survival mentality when applied to the show. It just ruins the show, but dang it it is hard. Just like when long ago they got the blacksmith going and he was casting trident heads for spears? Why the hell a trident taking much more metal and not a single point. Also why cast it? Just find some plate steel and have some less skilled people hacksaw out and sharpen points. With all the cars lying around metal is not in short supply. Maybe it would be easier for the blacksmith to punch the holes in the points than drilling them, but leave him to more complicated tasks. Heck it it was me, I would just find one of the decorative fences that have spear looking vertical poles and cut them apart. Instant spears until you can find some time to make better. 

The fence leads to another comment. I see that they are struggling to keep people fed a lot of time, but every search team you send out should be bringing things like hardware (hinges, screws, nails), tools, solar panels, batteries, and weapons. It is not like nuclear bomb destroyed it all. Deconstructing existing structures would provide plenty of  materials. Even if people cleaned out all the Home Depot and Lowes, that stuff went somewhere that it is still probably sitting. Just like all the military and police armories. You can't tell me with the sudden drop in living population that EVERY ONE of those was cleared out even 10 years after. If you could do so safely, that world is a scrounger's paradise. You might just have to think outside the box. 

Oh well I could go on and on. lol

Edited by Ronald_55
sniper gun model
  • Like 2

Ronald_55, reasoning like yours just spoils the show! lol!

I gave up on TWD many seasons ago, for reasons like yours and more. The absurdity aside, there were just too many irrational ( Yeah, I said irrational when talking about a zombie series...LOL!) things going on to ignore.

The weapons, the constant moving around instead of finding a defensible home or building to settle in, and many more. 

I think the prison compound was about it for me. They all seemed to have suddenly acquired military grade weapons, and a TANK for heavens' sake...and yet still couldn't hold out.

Foraging/scrounging should have been an element of the "life style" in the show. Like you said, many sources of food, aid, and weapons were just ignored. And here I go again, attaching logic to TWD.

Anyway, I gave up on TWD about the time FTWD came around. I just couldn't hold interest in either one of them.

So, I'm glad some can still watch it, but I'm not one of them.

I think I'll just go and watch all the Terminator movies again.

After all, that's just so much more believable. LOL!!!