Lead Therapy with the Texas Star

I bought the texas star awhile ago but have not been able to get out and try it out.  The weather was great yesterday so I got a little shooting in.

The first video is the first time I have shot my new to me Colt Anaconda in 45 Colt.  I was very pleased that it shoots to point of aim, at least at 7 yards.

The next two videos are with my Sig MPX.  I love this gun.  Didn't want to look bad so I started off at 7 yards and then moved to about 25 yards.  It is hard to miss with this gun.

I really have to thank @TGO David for selling it. 😁 It is my favorite gun to shoot.

Did not have a lot of time yesterday so I did not do any longer range shooting.  I think next time I want to work on shooting longer distances and then work on speed.  I want to get a shot timer and see how fast I can clear the star at different distances.

I was nice to get out and do a little shooting yesterday.  Now it is time to start cleaning the guns.

Edited by KahrMan
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Administrator
55 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

The next two videos are with my Sig MPX.  I love this gun.  Didn't want to look bad so I started off at 7 yards and then moved to about 25 yards.  It is hard to miss with this gun.

I really have to thank @TGO David for selling it. 😁 It is my favorite gun to shoot.

Sarcastic Game Master GIF by Hyper RPG

😉

I told you that thing is the most fun you'll have with a 9mm! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
37 minutes ago, RED333 said:

Getting things together to build one myself, have the targets, arms, legs and plates to make the center and bearing mount, Using an old electric motor for the bearing.

Cool. That will be a fun project. 

20 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I first ran into the Texas Star when shooting IDPA. When you're on the clock, I hate that thing. 

Yea buddy!! The very first one I saw was in 2004 USPSA in Dickson, Tn. sectional championship match. I was shooting production class with 10rd mag and it wasn't static, you pulled a door open and it had a stick holding it up, I was sweating I could clear by using all my mags, I think I cleared it in 7 or 8 rounds. Whew!! There is a best way to shoot it if it is static, start at the top and then left or right to keep weight to the bottom to keep it from swinging. If you happen to shoot one towards the bottom first it can get ugly.I have seen guys just shoot and shoot and either run out of ammo or give up. Fun to shoot though,and if you haven't done it find one to shoot and go shoot it.

Edited by Dirtshooter
52 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

My friends say I’m sadistic.  Here is a Texas star I set up at a match last year.  Hard cover makes the star more interesting.  

34483371-4260-415C-90DF-B022A6C625E9.png

Setting the cover aside which is bad enough, that one is more difficult than some due to the longer length of the arms of the star.   

21 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Damn Dude! You're just evil! 😮

Most deal with the star by shooting the top plate and then shooting the remaining four as they spin to either 3 or 9 o’clock.  The 3/9 plan went out the window with two 18x24 Steel Challenge targets in the way.  More than a couple guys I guess you might say “struggled.”  I have some pretty comical video.