The Grail. Staccato P DUO. 2019 Vintage with 4.15" bbl and Extras.

TGO David

• Administrator

SOLD!!!  Staccato P DUO Optics Ready 9mm 2011.  2019 Vintage with 4.15" Barrel.

i-vZZrvzd-X3.jpg

THIS is the one that started it ALL for Staccato in 2019.

It was July 2019.  The gun media was ablaze with the story that the US Marshals had adopted a double-stack single-action 2011 from STI in Texas.  Suddenly having a 1911/2011 style gun was cool again and we would see the Staccato series of guns burst onto the scene and quickly become the gun to have.  Six months later STI would rock SHOT Show by announcing key "influencer" partnerships with some of the biggest names in the firearms training and media world by putting the Staccato P in their hands and changing their company name from STI to Staccato, after the family name of the new 2011 which had propelled them to fame.

I bought this gun in August 2019 right after they were released.  It has been the crown jewel of my collection since then and, because of that, has never seen a single day of carry.  It has purely been a range toy even though it's capable of so, so much more.

Why the 2019 Year Model is So Special.

Of note, in 2020 the Staccato company released a second generation Staccato series and the model P gained length and weight.  The barrel went from 4.15" to 4.40" and overall length grew to 8-inches.  The barrel also went from the black DLC coating on this one to plain stainless with DLC being an optional $100 upgrade.

The 2019 model included the Dawson Universal Optic (DUO) mounting system as well as the iron-sights only cover plate, whereas the 2020 series began calling it the Dawson Precision Optic (DPO) system and the optics plate is now a $200 upgrade.

In exchange for cutting the DLC finish from the barrel and removing the optics plate from the base configuration (a $300 reduction in parts) Staccato reduced the price by $200 and pocketed the other $100 as profit, I guess?   Viva capitalism!

With the 2020 lineup, Staccato also introduced the C2 DPO which is a hair shorter in the length than this 2019 Staccato P.  This puts the 2019 Staccato P right in between the 2020 models C2 and P, which is probably why it had to go away.  In a world where this gun with the 4.15" barrel exists, there is no compelling reason to choose between the C2 and the new P.   It had to go so that consumers had to make a choice.

OH... and this 2019 model readily and easily accepts the 2020 model grip, including the shorter 16-round grip that the C2 comes with.  You literally can have your cake and eat it too.

What You'll Get When You Buy This

Total round count through this gun is right around 800.  It has been flawless and it is as precise as a laser.  It doesn't just look good in photos, it makes you look good because of how damn accurate and balanced it is.  This is truly a "GRAIL" gun and needs a home either where someone will run it like the tool it was meant to be, or do what I've done and just enjoy it as an extremely capable centerpiece.

Included in this sale are:

2019 Staccato P DUO Package (All Original)

• The gun you see in these photos.
    • Excluding Red Dot Optic and Weapon Light.  Sorry.  Those are shown for illustration only.

• Dawson DUO Optic Mounting Plate
  • Dawson DUO Iron-Sight Only Plate
  • Leupold Delta Point Pro Mounting Gear
  • Two (2) 126mm 17-round Stainless Magazines (original)
  • One (1) 144mm 20-round Stainless Magazine (original)
  • Tactical Slim Magazine Well (original)
  • Staccato Premium Soft-side Zipper Case (original)
  • Staccato P PVC Patch for Case (original)
  • All original paperwork including original decals
  • Original "bicycle style" gun lock
  • You can see the 2019 Staccato P Specs Here
  • Retail price for the above was $2500

Also included...

• Dawson Precision Tool-Less Guide Rod / Recoil Spring Assembly ($60)
  • Dawson Precision Recoil Springs, Three-Pack, Multi Weights ($10)
  • 10-8 Performance Mainspring Housing Pin for use without Magwell ($10)

The Brass Tacks...

image.png

You are getting all of the above for $2200.  Price is firm.  You can see how the math works out to nearly a $400 reduction in price, not to mention the fact that you can't get this gun anymore except on the secondary market.  It is, literally, a collector's item if you wish to use it as such.

To replicate this package today, a Staccato P DPO as configured would be $2700 including the DLC finish option and the DPO optic plate.

TERMS OF SALE

• $2200.00 CASH sale only.  No checks.  No trades.  No partial trades.
  • Local sale only.  If it doesn't sell here I will list it on GunBroker for a higher price.
  • Face to face meeting in Williamson County, TN near Franklin or Spring Hill.
    • Daylight meeting.
    • Well-trafficked, very public spot of my choosing.
    • You will show me a valid Tennessee carry permit as proof of residency and eligibility.
  • I can provide a bill of sale to you for insurance purposes if you so desire.

MORE PHOTOS FOLLOW!

These photos are of the actual gun.  Trijicon RMR and SureFire X300U light are not included.  Photos shown without those items installed are the most current photos, taken today (March 7, 2021). 

The only thing that has been altered on any of these photos is that I have erased the serial number digitally so that you don't have to worry that your new gun has been made famous or "put in record".   Minimal wear marks on the mag well, as expected, are shown as they really are.  Minimal wear on the accessory rail from the SureFire light is shown exactly as they are.  Nothing has been hidden.

i-4WH2Vd5-X2.jpg

i-dXghxzM-X2.jpg

i-kdKTNK2-X2.jpg

i-gzqLJVf-X2.jpg

i-pZPz9kn-X2.jpg

i-dBQfCf5-X2.jpg

i-cxG8VPQ-X2.jpg

i-CFhgqbh-X2.jpg

i-SstfVhS-X2.jpg

i-Xz2xKVJ-X2.jpg

i-fKKj7XW-X2.jpg

i-3VgkKFF-X2.jpg

i-pBz5Lrj-X2.jpg

i-t9dTVzG-X2.jpg

i-xNWnVHP-X2.jpg

i-F4LcFvp-X2.jpg

i-ppFSKn9-X2.jpg

The following photos were taken previously...

i-Bjnqz6r-X2.jpg

i-wbhz834-X2.jpg

i-7Z6VNJm-X2.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I forgot to add... WHY THE HECK AM I SELLING THIS?

Someone will ask so I might as well just explain it here once rather than have to answer it individual a dozen times.  🙂   I am selling it because I have several Staccato guns now and this is the one that I just simply know I am going to leave in the safe.  I've also picked up a few other guns lately and I'm afraid that if I don't sell something soon, my wife may use one of them on me. 😄

Not Kidding Season 4 GIF by The Office

Well, yes I am but... you get it.   I'm lucky she hasn't kicked my ass yet for the things I've bought. 😜

Anyway, 20 years from now my kids may hate me for the fact that I am not "leaving this one to them", but... we all might as well get what we can now, and enjoy what we can while we can.   

Archived