help me "tacticool" my Maadi

Guest bigsack

Guest bigsack

i recently got an Egyptian Maadi AK.

it has this IMO gawd awful looking composite "fiberforce" stock set. i don't care for the stock/pistol grip, it does its purpose but i don't like it. also the fore grip is freaking massive. it actually gets in the way of the sites a lil bit.

this is my first ak, so its a learning experience. does the Maadi have the same stock mounts and your more common varriants? if not whats the differnce in them?

so far i've seen some tactical stock sets but they all have folding collapsible stocks, i just want a plain jane collapsible, pistol grip, and a fore grip that i could later add a red dot or something to.

any thoughts or ideas or links?

thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
I'm no AK guru myself, but I'd suggest checking out Tapco. They've got all the stuff I would probably put on an AK (and for decent prices at that), but some "AK purists" have a problem with their stuff :tinfoil:.

Tapco

I'm not a Tapco hater, but some of their stuff is kinda flimsy. K-Var makes some great quality stuff for AKs.

I'm not a Tapco hater, but some of their stuff is kinda flimsy. K-Var makes some great quality stuff for AKs.

Oh yeah? Hadn't heard that, good to know :tinfoil:

I really like the looks of their SAW grip... I kinda despise the stock pistol grip.

Guest bigsack

collapsible like an AR. most of the ones i have seen are folding and collapsible, and they have this big button/knob right on top which is what i don't like.

clear as mud eh?

Guest bkelm18
Oh yeah? Hadn't heard that, good to know :tinfoil:

I really like the looks of their SAW grip... I kinda despise the stock pistol grip.

Yeah I had the SAW grip on my Saiga12. It felt pretty good but I just had the feeling it would break if you abused it too much. I have the Tapco stock on my AK. It ok for what it is. I think it might break if you try to smash in some capitalist pig's head though. It's the Warsaw length and its almost too short for me. I'd like a NATO length stock (2" longer I believe) but Tapco doesn't make one. I kinda like the traditional pistol grip though. K-Var is more expensive but I think quality wise they are worth it. They are very well made.

collapsible like an AR. most of the ones i have seen are folding and collapsible, and they have this big button/knob right on top which is what i don't like.

clear as mud eh?

Tapco makes AR style AK stocks that bolt right on, and there are also adapters out there that you can use with regular AR stocks as well.

Guest Wilson1

The collapsible, folding stock with the "big button" you are describing sounds like the ATI Strikeforce (I believe). If so, the ATI proucts I have seen are subpar, in my own opinion. I had an ATI folder on an SKS, kind of crappy - went back to the original wood.

For AK's - hard to beat K-Var. I bought a set of the black, NATO length stock and coresponding furniture for my SAR1 - very pleased, good quality.

Mike

FWIW - I did change out the AK grip for the SAW type -much more ergonomic

Edited by Wilson1
Guest pl1ght

I have the Tapco T6 collapsible stock+saw PG on my Saiga 12 and my AK now. I really like it, easy to install, not uber expensive. Also have a UTG Quad Rail coming in, which is also inexpensive, but very sturdy according to reviews for optics and PGs, and a G&P 552 Eotech clone to mount on it.