H.R.8 - Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021

The snowball is beginning to roll, folks.

Following Thursday’s House passage of a Democrat gun control bill, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) introduced a ban on 205 “assault weapons.”

The legislation, called the “Assault Weapons Ban of 2021,” is co-sponsored by 34 Senate Democrats. It would also ban ammunition magazines holding more than ten rounds.

• Wow 1
4 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

As someone who didn’t think they’d move this quickly, I freely admit I got it wrong. 😕

After the attempted insurrection, our elected servants realize there are a lot of citizens that disagree with them.

Fear of the unwashed masses.

The Republicans are quietly rooting for disarmament as well...it's their power, influence and money club as well.

• Like 4
  • Moderators
Mr. Speaker, I am going to ask my colleagues here today and I am 
going to challenge the sponsors of this bill and those of them who 
might think they would vote for this bill to consider whether it is 
fair.
  Is it fair to surround yourself with armed guards, with Capitol Hill 
Police who have guns, with personal details, bodyguards, and ask the 
people to pay for it when you make it harder for those same people to 
protect themselves?
  I don't think that is fair. - Mr. Massie, 2nd Amendment Caucus
  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

fair.
protect themselves?

I don’t know what you’re trying to share, it’s just a blank screen to me. 

• Haha 1
  • Moderators

Mr. Speaker, I am going to ask my colleagues here today and I am going to challenge the sponsors of this bill and those of them who might think they would vote for this bill to consider whether it is fair. Is it fair to surround yourself with armed guards, with Capitol Hill Police who have guns, with personal details, bodyguards, and ask the people to pay for it when you make it harder for those same people to protect themselves? I don't think that is fair. - Mr. Massie, 2nd Amendment Caucus

• Like 2
4 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

fair.
protect themselves?

Love Massie. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, GlockSpock said:

I’m thinking maybe it was a color issue, such as white text on white background?

Im using the dark theme. 

200.gif

That would likely be it if it held to any special formatting. That’s why I make sure to post as plain text. 

But wait! There's more!

Under the new rules that the House adopted a few weeks ago all references to sexual identity are banned!

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article248264460.html

The bill refers to transfers between aunts & uncles to nephews & nieces!   No can do!  They're gonna have fun figuring out how to make that language gender neutral.  What a pathetic joke.   In sooooo many ways.

Edited by QuackerSmacker
grammar change "of" to "that"
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

More from Senator Feinstein:

The New York Post reports Feinstein is citing “domestic terrorism” as an impetus for the ban. She said, “We’re now seeing a rise in domestic terrorism, and military-style assault weapons are increasingly becoming the guns of choice for these dangerous groups.”

The NSSF figures indicate that Americans own nearly 20 million modern sporting rifles, which are firearms that the Democrats categorize as “assault weapons.”

Feinstein’s office released a supplemental fact sheet on her “assault weapons” ban, claiming said firearms are “weapons designed for war [that] have no place on the streets of a civilized society.”

On 3/12/2021 at 8:53 PM, QuackerSmacker said:

Under the new rules that the House adopted a few weeks ago all references to sexual identity are banned!

And immediately after Pelosi implemented that rule she spoke of her role as a mother and aunt.  What a load of fertilizer!

• Like 2

And yet more:

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki is making clear President Joe Biden looks forward to repealing the “liability shields” that protect gun manufacturers from frivolous lawsuits.

She's speaking of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms act, which prevents gun manufacturers from being sued when their products are used illegally. Anti-gunners would love to see this act repealed, as it wouldn't be difficult to sue gun manufacturer's out of business.  Whether or not the suits are successful, small gun manufacturers would go broke defending against them or, at the very least, would be forced to raise prices to cover that expense. This administration is after our right to keep and bear arms folks.

• Like 2
On 3/12/2021 at 8:24 AM, Erik88 said:

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I don't think calling our Senators is going to help on this one. Neither TN Senator will vote for this. We need a few moderate Democrats to break from the group. I think there is a chance but I could be wrong. 

Moderate Democrat? LOL....In Washington? LOL.....that bird’s extinct.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As reported on the CNN website today, 3/23/21. Notice that "gun control" has become "gun safety".  

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Tuesday the White House is considering taking executive actions on gun safety measures and to address violence in communities. 

“We are certainly considering a range of levers, including working through legislation, including executive actions to address, obviously, you know, not just gun safety measures but violence in communities, so that has been under discussion and will continue to be under discussion,” Psaki told reporters aboard Air Force One. 

Some more context: Earlier on Tuesday, Biden pressed the Senate to take up gun legislation that the House has passed in the wake of a mass shooting in Boulder, Colorado, that killed 10 people at a grocery store. 

On 3/10/2021 at 8:54 PM, Wheelgunner said:

An attempt to make the federal congress "regulate" the lawful exchange of goods between one Tennessean and another Tennessean, having nothing to do with interstate commerce or any other legit constitutional source of congressional authority... Hmm.

Mr. Thompson, how about you see to California and I'll see to Tennessee. 

Just remember that SCOTUS ruled back in the 30's that a federal law prohibiting you from growing wheat in your backyard for you own use was constitutional under the Interstate Commerce Clause.  Don't believe me?  Google Wickard v. Filburn, just make sure you have some antacid nearby it will give you heartburn.

This case and others that used it as a foundation are what 'allow' federal gun laws to survive constitutional muster today.  Because you building a gun in your basement for you own use might impact the commerce of the gun market in theory, Congress can regulate the sale and transport of all firearms.

It's all complete nonsense to anybody with a pulse and half a brain, but then again we're talking about Federal Judges and Congresscritters.

• Love 1
  • Moderators

20 minutes ago, JayC said:

Just remember that SCOTUS ruled back in the 30's that a federal law prohibiting you from growing wheat in your backyard for you own use was constitutional under the Interstate Commerce Clause.  Don't believe me?  Google Wickard v. Filburn, just make sure you have some antacid nearby it will give you heartburn.

This case and others that used it as a foundation are what 'allow' federal gun laws to survive constitutional muster today.  Because you building a gun in your basement for you own use might impact the commerce of the gun market in theory, Congress can regulate the sale and transport of all firearms.

It's all complete nonsense to anybody with a pulse and half a brain, but then again we're talking about Federal Judges and Congresscritters.

On the subject of bad scotus decisions, I rank it up there with Dred Scott. It needs reversing.