Where can i find a m44 mosin?

Steelcolor

They show up fairly regularly at gunshows, gun shops, Armslist, Gunbroker, etc.聽 Probably one of the easier to find variants, along with other ComBloc iterations like the Polish and Chinese versions.聽 Make sure you check out the trader on gunboards.com as well, it's the premier Mosin site on the net now.聽 If you're looking for fresh imports, that ship has sailed, except for some really rare shipments that occasionally trickle in from buyers overseas.聽 There was a small lot of Chinese T-53's that came in a year or two ago from Albania, that's the last I heard of.聽 Ethiopia was dumping some obsolete arms last year, but I don't remember seeing any M44's in that one, it was mostly old Berdans and the like ...

Edited by No_0ne
2 hours ago, No_0ne said:

They show up fairly regularly at gunshows, gun shops, Armslist, Gunbroker, etc.聽 Probably one of the easier to find variants, along with other ComBloc iterations like the Polish and Chinese versions.聽 Make sure you check out the trader on gunboards.com as well, it's the premier Mosin site on the net now.聽 If you're looking for fresh imports, that ship has sailed, except for some really rare shipments that occasionally trickle in from buyers overseas.聽 There was a small lot of Chinese T-53's that came in a year or two ago from Albania, that's the last I heard of.聽 Ethiopia was dumping some obsolete arms last year, but I don't remember seeing any M44's in that one, it was mostly old Berdans and the like ...

Thanks for letting me know and i do love the berdan聽

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, RC3 said:

My dad got me one at an auction two years ago. Never fired and honestly, dont even know why I still have it. I have zero interest in lugging that long ass m91 anywhere

That's by design so you can bayonet the other side from the safety of your own trench.

• Haha 1
Just now, monkeylizard said:

That's by design so you can bayonet the other side from the safety of your own trench.

I forgot about the stupid bayonet. Feels like I need a longer safe just for this one rifle. I should probably sell it soon. Unlike everyone around me who is "mortified" when I told them I sell stuff I dont use. Knowing my luck the cosmoline probably migrated to something like. Like the ak or the ar.聽

Absolutely Greg, they are a little crude , at least some are.聽 A lot of the ones made during World War II are a kind of rough around the edges. That happens when you have a lot of work to do, and a ruthless dictator screaming at you to work harder and faster. I have a couple that are not to bad.聽

22 hours ago, RC3 said:

My dad got me one at an auction two years ago. Never fired and honestly, dont even know why I still have it. I have zero interest in lugging that long ass m91 anywhere

The M44 is one of the shorter Mosin variants.聽 If you want long, find an original M91 with bayonet ...

https://gundigest.com/wp-content/uploads/Mosin-Nagant-WWI.jpg

• Like 1

M91's are probably my favorite variant, at least I think I have more of them than any other.聽 The oldest is an 1895 Tula, which came packaged with an Austrian made bayonet (kind of rare).聽 The US made M91's are cool as well, albeit I only own one, a New England Westinghouse that came back here via Finland ...

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a M91/59 I brought at the Nashville gun show back in the late 90's. Paid $100.00 for it. It was and still is in perfect condition. The Russians cut down M91 rifles to carbine length rifles. No bayonet.聽 It is not for sale

3 hours ago, gearyr said:

I have a M91/59 I brought at the Nashville gun show back in the late 90's. Paid $100.00 for it. It was and still is in perfect condition. The Russians cut down M91 rifles to carbine length rifles. No bayonet.聽 It is not for sale

Almost all the 91/59's are made from cut down 91/30's.聽 The carbines made from older, cut down M91's are typically called "91/38's" by collectors.聽 Some of these can be referred to as "91/44's", as all of them were originally made with attached bayonets, like the M44's.聽 At some later point, virtually all had their bayonets removed.聽 BTW, one of the 2 known intact 91/44's (bayonet still attached) in the US sold last week on Gunbroker for what most consider a steal - roughly $1200 ...

1 hour ago, Quavodus said:

My brother in law has a nice Izhvesk 91/59.聽 He bought it from a guy that I had bought a few guns from. I saw it from a distance and thought it was a M44, and didn't give it a second look. I should've looked closer.

It pays to look closer, and also to know what you're looking at when dealing with milsurps ...