Did something I said I wouldn't do for a While

hipower

Well. That title covers a lot of territory doesn't it? Had 2 scheduled checkups and blood draws today. My GP and my Oncologist.

I talked with both about the Covid Vaccines and my feelings and health issues relating to whether or not to take it. Interesting conversations from both. Especially the gentleman who actually drew the blood. We covered about everything from the source, the intent, and the possible outcomes of this pandemic. Even got into some of the religion side...Revelation and Mark of the Beast territory.

But the core of all this is that my Oncologist's comments were this..."Do it. Do it Now!" You are at major risk. Walking time bomb. Just waiting to be infected. Really said that.

Well, it seemed that TnOncology was vaccinating all their patients. And since I was in one office, a call was made and I was quite literally immediately  shoved out the door and sent to the one where there were some shots still available. 

So...in spite of my comments here previously; I received the 1st dose of the Moderna Vaccine today.

I do feel rather much a hypocrite right now. But it's done. We shall see what happens. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Don't sweat it brother, you gotta do what's best for you. If your Oncologist suggests it, then it might be best. My wife's oncologist hasn't said anything like that yet. 

But I daresay your wife isn't 69 year old, overweight, Tn Redneck either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I applaud you Larry! Good on you for listening to your physicians and that voice in your heart my friend.

I had the Pfizer series Dec/Jan (Healthcare worker) and my bride of 33+ years gets her 1st Pfizer this morning.

The missus has multiple health issues, so I am very happy she's scheduled.

Our "daughter" had the Moderna series with no negative side effects. (Healthcare worker too).

• Like 2
10 hours ago, hipower said:

I do feel rather much a hypocrite right now. But it's done. We shall see what happens. 

Do not see you as a hypocrite, just someone that has had a change of heart.

You did the smart thing.  Feel good and proud about it.  My wife, who goes to TNoncology in Chattanooga, has had her first Phiser shot along with myself.  Celebrate, celebrate.  And no side effects except for a little soreness in the arm.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, hipower said:

Well. That title covers a lot of territory doesn't it? Had 2 scheduled checkups and blood draws today. My GP and my Oncologist.

I talked with both about the Covid Vaccines and my feelings and health issues relating to whether or not to take it. Interesting conversations from both. Especially the gentleman who actually drew the blood. We covered about everything from the source, the intent, and the possible outcomes of this pandemic. Even got into some of the religion side...Revelation and Mark of the Beast territory.

But the core of all this is that my Oncologist's comments were this..."Do it. Do it Now!" You are at major risk. Walking time bomb. Just waiting to be infected. Really said that.

Well, it seemed that TnOncology was vaccinating all their patients. And since I was in one office, a call was made and I was quite literally immediately  shoved out the door and sent to the one where there were some shots still available. 

So...in spite of my comments here previously; I received the 1st dose of the Moderna Vaccine today.

Good for you!  I have an appt at the VA to get my second dose of moderna next week.  I hear the Pfizer is the better one if anyone has the option. 

• Like 1

I got my first shot in Thursday.  45 and overweight so qualified since they updated the groups who can get it.  

If you live near Marshall county, they have a lot of availability.  I booked Tuesday.  Williamson was closer but their appt’s were a month out.  

Just now, hipower said:

But where do I fit in in that statement? I've been called many things in my life...but a "wise man" certainly is among them.

Being open to changing one’s mind sure seems wiser than being stubborn even once you decide it is against your own best interest.

• Like 4

FWIW...a status update this morning.

On the advice of my wife and my doc, I took my regular meds last night and 2 Tylenol just as I hit the bed. I slept like a baby. 7 uninterrupted hours!  Unbelievable for me.

I hardly every do that. If I do 4, I consider myself wonderfully blessed. Got up with a slight headache, but that's all. No pains, no aches, no fevers.

Having my Cheerios and  maybe a bagel. So now I'm prepared for our morning meet!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Your doctor knows your situation and, frankly, the worst reactions seem to occur in healthy people with no co-morbidities. That said, if you or anyone else reading this start having severe symptoms in the first 48 hours after the shot, get to ER stat. 

• Like 2

I'm going to have to eat crow too. Overweight with COPD My doctor asked me then asked my wife how to convince me. I just don't trust it and REALLY don't trust Fauchi talking out both sides of his face. I'll get it very soon.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, hipower said:

FWIW...a status update this morning.

On the advice of my wife and my doc, I took my regular meds last night and 2 Tylenol just as I hit the bed. I slept like a baby. 7 uninterrupted hours!  Unbelievable for me.

I hardly every do that. If I do 4, I consider myself wonderfully blessed. Got up with a slight headache, but that's all. No pains, no aches, no fevers.

Having my Cheerios and  maybe a bagel. So now I'm prepared for our morning meet!

thanks for the update. never worry about what anyone but you and your doctors opinion when it comes to your health. I'd give you #### but it's too much effort this morning. 😁