Did something I said I wouldn't do for a While

hipower

I have had both shots of Moderna and my sweet wife had her second Thursday. Way to go.  I am at high risk because of agent orange and have many risks. I had no ill effects and sweetie has had a little nausea yesterday, but can't say it was from the shot because she eat something she said was not really good, and that may be where her sick feeling came from," maybe". Other than that we have had no side effects. She is fine this morning. 

Praying for you and hope things go well for you. Listen to your doctors Hipower.   They want the best for your health.  You made a wise choice, IMO, for what it's worth. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, papa61 said:

I'm going to have to eat crow too. Overweight with COPD My doctor asked me then asked my wife how to convince me. I just don't trust it and REALLY don't trust Fauchi talking out both sides of his face. I'll get it very soon.

I must admit that many factors went into my feelings on this decision. Really the Doc had more to do with it than anything else. He's treated me since February of 2008, when I was first diagnosed with Leukemia. So his statements carried a lot of weight.

But like all, well most of us here. There were and still are so many thing about this Covid situation that just make me pause and think about how it came about. How it's been used to damn near wreck the country and influence or lives.

Like you say, the two-faced Fauchi, and all his double-speak gobbldy-gook just make you/me want to scream FRAUD!

But I guess only time will give us the answer.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I’m glad it’s there for those of you who want it. I only hope they don’t try and mandate it. That’s where my concern lies.

That's the thing. We see the comments stop just short of saying that. But more and more business, airlines, even states are giving us the line that we need something like a Covid Stamp; a virtual passport for living, travel, and attending events from sports to concerts.

I have and still do, see this as a control issue. Fear and intimidation. PsyOps. Amazing what you can make people do when you tell stories/lies(?) often enough.

Agreed this should never have been politicized. Doing so gas destroyed confidence and divided us as a nation. Demanding and browbeating people into taking a vaccine is just so wrong. It is a personal decision to be considered with ones own doctor, or not. I no longer fly so that does not concern me but requiring proof of anything from U S Citizens to exercise freedom is unlawful and unethical. kind of like testing, fees and such to vote or own and carry firearms.

Hope you do well with this vaccine and with your leukemia.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I only hope they don’t try and mandate it.

Mandate is one thing, policing it is quite another!! They will have to try and  force people to comply and that is when the #### hits the fan. About like gun control, there are barely enough LEO to keep the thugs from not  having a nationwide riot. So policing chinese flu immunizations is going to require a bunch more LEO on the payroll.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, papa61 said:

Agreed this should never have been politicized. Doing so gas destroyed confidence and divided us as a nation. Demanding and browbeating people into taking a vaccine is just so wrong. It is a personal decision to be considered with ones own doctor, or not. I no longer fly so that does not concern me but requiring proof of anything from U S Citizens to exercise freedom is unlawful and unethical. kind of like testing, fees and such to vote or own and carry firearms.

Hope you do well with this vaccine and with your leukemia.

Thank you, papa61. Will celebrate 11 year anniversary of Remission in April of this year.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

Mandate is one thing, policing it is quite another!! They will have to try and  force people to comply and that is when the #### hits the fan. About like gun control, there are barely enough LEO to keep the thugs from not  having a nationwide riot. So policing chinese flu immunizations is going to require a bunch more LEO on the payroll.

Yeah, but if you can't get on an airplane, go into such and such building, etc., it's about as effective as enforcement. I am old enough to call this bluff, but my wife is not quite understanding as I'd like.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Yeah, but if you can't get on an airplane, go into such and such building, etc., it's about as effective as enforcement. I am old enough to call this bluff, but my wife is not quite understanding as I'd like.

Married to a retired nurse. "nuff said!

• Like 1

Wife and I got are second shot on the first no side effects other than a slightly sore arm for less than a day. Since we are in the old as dirt category and most of our friends are in the same category most are now fully vaccinated or partially. We have tried to have picnics in the church parking lot once a week since May. We missed a few weeks this Winter but we are all ready to move on with our normal life.

• Like 3

I've had the first dose too and get the second at the end of the month. Like highpower I was at the doctor for a checkup and he encouraged me to take it. He had it set up for me to take it then if I wanted it. I did ask several questions before I agreed to do it. I went from probably not going to take it to glad I did. He didn't push me to take it but did tell me I made the right decision. I'm not trying to talk anyone into doing it but still believe it's everyone's personal choice and I understand having doubts about it because I sure did. Between being 65 and being encouraged by my doctor, who had it himself,  I decided to do it. 

• Like 2

I had my doubts at first. But at my age and condition I have a bunch of different doctors. Seems like I see at least one of them every month just for a routine check up. Every one of them was  unanimous in recommending I take the shot.  So I signed up as soon as I was eligible. I've had the first and will get the 2nd in the 3rd week of this month. 

• Like 2

Personal feelings about the issue aside, I commend you for being honest and transparent about it. 

Adapting ones opinions to new and updated information is a good thing. Not being too stubborn to change is a positive personality trait in my book. If my Dr. said "do it now dumbass", it may impact my opinions on the issue as well (tho I doubt that).

That being said, I share Greg's fear, that this will be used to control and manipulate the population at large (already is/has). You can bet your bottom dollar your movement and access to all sorts of things will be curtailed based on acceptance of the vaccine. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, ReeferMac said:

You can bet your bottom dollar your movement and access to all sorts of things will be curtailed based on acceptance of the vaccine. 

As it should be. You have the right to make decisions for yourself, but not for everyone else.

If you don't want to be vaccinated, fine, but please consider that others don't want to be exposed and risk their lives to the ramifications of your choice. Moreover, it's a public issue that impacts the health care system for the rest of us, which is a major problem

We've pretty much defeated the Plague, Smallpox and Polio through vaccination and precaution. This should be no different.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
18 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

If you don't want to be vaccinated, fine, but please consider that others don't want to be exposed and risk their lives to the ramifications of your choice. Moreover, it's a public issue that impacts the health care system for the rest of us, which is a major problem

How does a non-vaccinated person put you at risk?  The "experts" have said a vaccine only keeps the vaccinated from getting it; they can still carry and spread it.  Otherwise, those vaccinated would no longer be required to wear masks.  If you believe the science, the only person a non-vaccinated person potentially harms is himself.  

Edited by deerslayer
6 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

How does a non-vaccinated person put you at risk?  The "experts" have said a vaccine only keeps the vaccinated from getting it; they can still carry and spread it.  Otherwise, those vaccinated would no longer be required to wear masks.  If you believe the science, the only person a non-vaccinated person potentially harms is himself.  

Actually, the vaccinated are still at (a lower) risk and non-vaccinated carriers are what allow diseases to both continue, mutate and become more virulent. This, in turn, reduces the effectiveness of vaccines.

15 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

And vaccinated carriers don't?

Interesting how some folks like to take positions on things no one ever said - lol.

The vaccinated can still carry COVID, and but with the vaccinated, critically, the transmission rate is dramatically reduced .

Indeed, that is the whole point of stopping the communicable diseases.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00450-z

https://theconversation.com/can-vaccinated-people-still-spread-the-coronavirus-155095

Nothing is perfect, but we need to do our best to stop the spreading, not just prevent the infected from becoming extremely sick or dying.

And to the point: if people don't want to be vaccinated, fine, but that choice should not supplant, interfere, or enhance risk to the rest of society which made a different decision to be vaccinated, overwhelmingly.  

Honestly, we all want this to be over as quickly and painlessly, but it takes effort from everyone.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

Honestly, we all want this to be over as quickly and painlessly, but it takes effort from everyone.

I keep mentioning this to people. I want life to return to normal and the easiest way for that to happen is if we vaccinate a large percentage of the population. I'm young, and low risk for covid doing anything serious to me, but I'm still getting the shot. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I keep mentioning this to people. I want life to return to normal and the easiest way for that to happen is if we vaccinate a large percentage of the population. 

So if we vaccinate a large percentage of the population and a minority chooses not to get vaccinated, what is the problem?

I am Glad you got your first shot. 

this virus is not something to take lightly. Some get it with minimal symptoms some get it and die. My Wife (ICU Nurse) thinks it is very DNA related as to the effects one has. Perfectly healthy 52yo runner gets it and dies. 88yo female gets it and walks out of the hospital. If you are immuno compromised or diabetic you Need to get the shot 

• Like 2

Hey all, I am not an anti-vaxxer. I totally understand that people with underlying issues and those that are told by their doctor that they really need it, I think that is great. But first of all getting the 2 covid-19 shots won't keep you from getting it again, or giving it to me. So I may have missed something, what good is it?? The biggest issue I have is that Fauci and the government, in case you all don't know Fauci is the highest paid person in our government. If the gubbermint mandates that everyone gets a shot, I say that sounds a whole lot like Nazi Germany or U.S.S.R. . Especially when the government is trying to pass laws like the equaility act?  I am not a law breaker, had a couple of speeding tickets, never arrested or cuffed and don't plan on it. However I am NOT going to take a shot that a government says I have to. I certainly hope the Chinese flu goes back to China, but since it is very similar to the common cold, I highly doubt it. It is here to stay and we just have to live with it. Sorry mods, move this if you feel it is too political.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1