Did something I said I wouldn't do for a While

hipower

2 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

If the gubbermint mandates that everyone gets a shot, I say that sounds a whole lot like Nazi Germany or U.S.S.R. .

Haven't schools required children to get vaccinated for years now? I remember having to show proof of vaccinations when I enrolled at UT. 

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Haven't schools required children to get vaccinated for years now? I remember having to show proof of vaccinations when I enrolled at UT. 

Decades actually and every State has some kind of requirement. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, deerslayer said:

So if we vaccinate a large percentage of the population and a minority chooses not to get vaccinated, what is the problem?

Not a problem if non-vaccinated isolate themselves and thus put in the effort to reduce transmission. Therefore, don't complain if there are restrictions (no sports events; no planes; no cruise ships, etc) placed on those who made such a choice.

I'm sure we can all agree that folks need to accept the consequences of their choices.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

Not a problem if non-vaccinated isolate themselves and thus put in the effort to reduce transmission. Therefore, don't complain if there are restrictions (no sports events; no planes; no cruise ships, etc) placed on those who made such a choice.

I'm sure we can all agree that folks need to accept the consequences of their choices.

I am all for accepting the consequences of my choices, but an unvaccinated person would be putting no more people at risk than a vaccinated person would.  It sounds like you are in favor of more pointless restrictions.  

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

For a virus discovered barely a year ago and a vaccine that is only a few months old?  Nope.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I am all for accepting the consequences of my choices, but an unvaccinated person would be putting no more people at risk than a vaccinated person would.  It sounds like you are in favor of more pointless restrictions.  

Not true. Vaccinated people have lower transmission rates, 1) because they are less likely to get infected and 2) even if the vaccinated carry the virus, it is in lower abundance  in their body and thus this diminishes transmission risk significantly. It's how vaccination programs work.

I am in favor of watching snowflakes melt when you put a bit of sunlight on them.

Edited by Swamp ash
8 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

Not true. Vaccinated people have lower transmission rates, 1) because they are less likely to get infected and 2) even if the vaccinated carry the virus, it is in lower abundance  in their body and thus this diminishes transmission risk significantly. It's how vaccination programs work.

I am in favor of watching snowflakes melt when you put a bit of sunlight on them.

So how does an infected person pose more of a risk?  Everybody’s favorite overpaid government idiot, Anthony Fauci, said the vaccine only keeps you from developing symptoms, nothing more.  

I guess “Your papers, please” is the way forward.  

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

Since you are vaccinated and impervious to this deadly, scary variation of the common cold, why is it so important to you what the rest of us do regarding a vaccination?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I won't debate the facts surrounding this topic as there is quite a bit of mis/dis/mythinformation out there, and frankly, let's be honest, anyone here who ISN'T a doctor, should just STFU?

Beating each other over the head with our preferred version of the truth will not convince anyone to change their opinion. Trust me, I've tried, no amount of truth or facts will matter.

For me, its all very simple, and requires no expert opinion or medical knowledge. I could not have said it any more succinctly than Vox Day:

If you wouldn't have a glowing target tattooed on your forehead, you probably shouldn't submit to genetic therapy by people who openly talk about their desire to reduce the human population.

• Like 3
On 3/12/2021 at 8:30 PM, hipower said:

Well. That title covers a lot of territory doesn't it? Had 2 scheduled checkups and blood draws today. My GP and my Oncologist.

I talked with both about the Covid Vaccines and my feelings and health issues relating to whether or not to take it. Interesting conversations from both. Especially the gentleman who actually drew the blood. We covered about everything from the source, the intent, and the possible outcomes of this pandemic. Even got into some of the religion side...Revelation and Mark of the Beast territory.

But the core of all this is that my Oncologist's comments were this..."Do it. Do it Now!" You are at major risk. Walking time bomb. Just waiting to be infected. Really said that.

Well, it seemed that TnOncology was vaccinating all their patients. And since I was in one office, a call was made and I was quite literally immediately  shoved out the door and sent to the one where there were some shots still available. 

So...in spite of my comments here previously; I received the 1st dose of the Moderna Vaccine today.

I do feel rather much a hypocrite right now. But it's done. We shall see what happens. 

I also go to TN Oncology since being diagnosed with colon cancer and some lesions on my Liver. I've had six chemo treatments so far(once every other week, so twice a month.) I'm going tomorrow to get my first Covid-19 shot, my Dr. told me also go get it, so I am. Hope your doing well, take care. 

• Like 5
  • Administrator

I'll throw a monkey in your wrench... or wrench at your monkey... or a wrench in the works?  Hell, I don't know which it is.  This time change is sucking the intelligence out of me.  But I digress.

A colleague at work who is younger than me by a couple of years and I'd say arguably in fitter condition than me took the Johnson & Johnson shot last Friday afternoon.  He was laid up in bed in miserable as hell condition for the 24 hour period covering Saturday into Sunday.  Fever, chills, aches, pains.  It finally abated for him on Sunday.

His interpretation of what he experienced is that it was his body's immune system kicking into hyperdrive to produce antibodies to fight COVID-19.  Maybe?  I know that I've had worse cases of influenza than what I experienced with COVID-19, but COVID-19 was spectacularly miserable in and of its own right.

I am not rushing toward the vaccine and I've only got so much ammo, so if you early birds start turning into zombies just be aware that I plan to get creative with how I dispatch you in order to save bullets for creatures whose brains haven't turned to tapioca pudding.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
59 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I'll throw a monkey in your wrench... or wrench at your monkey... or a wrench in the works?  Hell, I don't know which it is.  This time change is sucking the intelligence out of me.  But I digress.

A colleague at work who is younger than me by a couple of years and I'd say arguably in fitter condition than me took the Johnson & Johnson shot last Friday afternoon.  He was laid up in bed in miserable as hell condition for the 24 hour period covering Saturday into Sunday.  Fever, chills, aches, pains.  It finally abated for him on Sunday.

His interpretation of what he experienced is that it was his body's immune system kicking into hyperdrive to produce antibodies to fight COVID-19.  Maybe?  I know that I've had worse cases of influenza than what I experienced with COVID-19, but COVID-19 was spectacularly miserable in and of its own right.

I am not rushing toward the vaccine and I've only got so much ammo, so if you early birds start turning into zombies just be aware that I plan to get creative with how I dispatch you in order to save bullets for creatures whose brains haven't turned to tapioca pudding.  🙂

We have a friend who had a similar experience--got the shot Friday, sick as a dog Saturday, better but still shaky Sunday, back to work Monday.  I don't plan to get the shot any time soon unless a squad of Fauci brownshirts drags me out, but if I did decide to get one, I would get it on a Sunday night.  

• Haha 1
On 3/13/2021 at 7:56 AM, Hozzie said:

I got my first shot in Thursday.  45 and overweight so qualified since they updated the groups who can get it.  

If you live near Marshall county, they have a lot of availability.  I booked Tuesday.  Williamson was closer but their appt’s were a month out.  

I'm scheduled for the 30th for the first shot out there and yes it was a month out.

• Like 2
On 3/14/2021 at 3:08 PM, Dirtshooter said:

Fauci is the highest paid person in our government

This surprised me but seems to be true.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2021/01/25/dr-anthony-fauci-the-highest-paid-employee-in-the-entire-us-federal-government/?sh=22e31d15386f

54 years of service and the top scientist in his field.  I'd say he's worth it.  You do need to consider his pay plan started so long ago he is grandfathered in to old systems which were reformed in 1984.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, BJB said:

why are you against it 

• because no one knows if there will be long term side effects
  • because the vaccines were created faster than the experts thought possible
  • because the vaccine makers have immunity from being sued
  • because I've had Covid and flu was worse
  • because I'm not 80/obese/diabetic and am low risk if I happen to get it again
  • because I just found out my friend's mother had both shots and is now very sick with Covid
  • because I'll let others be guinea pigs

If I were 80/obese/diabetic, I would probably be less concerned about most of what I listed.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, BJB said:

Why Not get the vaccine 

The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines were built with new technology yet with a much shorter testing time than normal.  I'm prone to take a "wait and see" attitude.

• Thanks 1

Calling them "vaccines" contributes to the propaganda. They are not anything like a traditional vaccine, they are mRNA gene therapy drugs adapted from cancer treatment. They trick your body into producing the spike protein found on the Kung-flu virus to help your immune system recognize and attack it. That's right, it causes your body to create a protein and attack itself!

And it spent less time being developed in the lab than toothpaste.

... what could possibly go wrong?

To give you ~80% immunity?

For an illness you are 99.7% likely to survive.

Once you're outside the nursing home/immunocompromised club, I can't fathom why anyone would.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I'll let you know what happens. I for one can say if I get sick for a couple of days that's better than catching Covid-19 and possibly not recovering. Either get it or not that's your decision not mine.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, deerslayer said:
  • because no one knows if there will be long term side effects
  • because the vaccines were created faster than the experts thought possible
  • because the vaccine makers have immunity from being sued
  • because I've had Covid and flu was worse
  • because I'm not 80/obese/diabetic and am low risk if I happen to get it again
  • because I just found out my friend's mother had both shots and is now very sick with Covid
  • because I'll let others be guinea pigs

If I were 80/obese/diabetic, I would probably be less concerned about most of what I listed.  

That’s the same statement I have heard from a lot of people 

long term effects are unknown 

but for many short term effects without vaccines has been death 

they have been working on the vaccine for many years as it is related to other diseases 

im still not sure how I will go. Wife says I’m getting the vaccine 
im thinking about my options 

On 3/15/2021 at 5:53 AM, ReeferMac said:

let's be honest, anyone here who ISN'T a doctor, should just STFU?

1 hour ago, ReeferMac said:

Calling them "vaccines" contributes to the propaganda. They are not anything like a traditional vaccine, they are mRNA gene therapy drugs adapted from cancer treatment.

Are you a doctor?

• Like 2