Did something I said I wouldn't do for a While

hipower

1 hour ago, RED333 said:

I have had the dadburn chicom  flu. It wasn’t fun but it was a deadly. I am living proof masks don’t work and the chicom  flu don’t kill, What does Kill is underlying conditions. People with underlying conditions, if they so choose should get the shot. It is a personal choice.

Red333, I'm glad you weren't killed.  But your experience doesn't prove that masks don't work and COVID doesn't kill.  It proves that COVID doesn't kill everyone that gets it, which has been known from the start of the pandemic.  Also, if you were wearing a mask without fail and still caught the disease, it doesn't mean that the mask didn't work -- masks reduce the chances of infection, and limit severity, but they aren't a guarantee against infection...which was also known from the start.  Maybe if you hadn't worn a mask you would have gotten an infection too serious to survive?  We can't know. 

There are people every year who recover from heart attacks and cancer -- that doesn't mean that heart attacks and cancer don't kill.  They kill millions every year.   Like I said, I'm glad you survived COVID, but don't draw the wrong lesson from your experience.

As for your last point, I like freedom of choice for everything, so I agree with you.

Cheers,

Whisper

46 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Red333, I'm glad you weren't killed.  But your experience doesn't prove that masks don't work and COVID doesn't kill.  It proves that COVID doesn't kill everyone that gets it, which has been known from the start of the pandemic.  Also, if you were wearing a mask without fail and still caught the disease, it doesn't mean that the mask didn't work -- masks reduce the chances of infection, and limit severity, but they aren't a guarantee against infection...which was also known from the start.  Maybe if you hadn't worn a mask you would have gotten an infection too serious to survive?  We can't know. 

There are people every year who recover from heart attacks and cancer -- that doesn't mean that heart attacks and cancer don't kill.  They kill millions every year.   Like I said, I'm glad you survived COVID, but don't draw the wrong lesson from your experience.

As for your last point, I like freedom of choice for everything, so I agree with you.

Cheers,

Whisper

Please expound on how masks reduce the severity of covid. That’s a new one for me.

2 hours ago, Whisper said:

Cheers,

Whisper

I am sorry, but the crap does not kill, it is the under lying issues that are made worse by the crap that kills. Docs were forced to say that COVID was the cause of death, when it was a bad heart, bad lungs, poor blood sugar, poor health, just to name a few, that was the cause of death.

COVID is a test to see how far we can be pushed, some have been pushed over the edge and now want to pull the rest of us along!!! Let go of my hand, leave me alone!!!

• Thanks 3
5 minutes ago, Whisper said:

.gov propaganda, first it was you do not need a mask, then wear a mask, if you can smell a fart the mask aint working.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, RED333 said:

I am sorry, but the crap does not kill, it is the under lying issues that are made worse by the crap that kills. Docs were forced to say that COVID was the cause of death, when it was a bad heart, bad lungs, poor blood sugar, poor health, just to name a few, that was the cause of death...

Millions of people with heart issues, lung issues, diabetes were living relatively normal lives with their respective health treatments. Then they caught Covid and croaked. Strange how their existing maladies all flared up at once enough to kill them, eh?

Not to mention all the folks who had NO significant health issues and died after contracting it.

- OS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
4 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Strange how their existing maladies all flared up at once enough to kill them, eh?

Not really, people die every day of these, .gov made COVID the cause.

4 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Not to mention all the folks who had NO significant health issues and died after contracting it.

Very few in the total. count

• Like 1
On 3/16/2021 at 6:20 AM, Erik88 said:

But my point was that he claimed we should all shut up unless we are a doctor, then he proceeded to tell us how the vaccine isn't really a vaccine.  So I'm curious to know if he is a doctor or just another guy on the internet. 

Haha, guilty as charged, I'm no doctor.

I also didn't give any medical advice. I attempted to clarify a point in the discussion: the mRNA gene therapy being pushed as a 'vaccine' is anything but.

Its hard to have a cogent conversation when people misuse language. Can't have a talk about sports cars with a prius owner that thinks its a sports car. Its simply not possible if everyone doesn't agree on the language? That's why this whole debate is useless, we're talking passed each other by not understanding what we're saying to each other (due to ignorance or misuse).

The advice I offered is about life, not medical in nature. You probably shouldn't inject yourself with something put together by the same people who have publicly stated they want you dead.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, RED333 said:

Correct, but it very, very, very rare to get it twice

I don't think that's been proven, that's it's rare. It seems the antibodies will work for a short time period, but then you can get it again.  And from what I've read, the second time around is much more deadly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 3:03 PM, deerslayer said:

The vaccine brownshirts don’t mention this.  Are antibodies better than a vaccine?  Obviously, we don’t know long they stay with us, but we also don’t know how long the vaccine is effective.  As widespread as Covid has supposedly been, there ought to be plenty of people walking around with antibodies and that should help expedite herd immunity.  I know I was (and probably still am) one of them.  

On a side note, my best friend’s mother (age 81) got her second vaccine shot about three weeks and developed a suspected blood clot two weeks later.  She was in the hospital for five days, then got Covid.  He said nurses went in and out of a patient’s room across the hall dressed in hazmat-looking suits, so he suspects she got it while at the hospital.  She’s not doing great, but is not on a ventilator.  She was fairly healthy before all this.  Her daughter (who also had both shots) also now has Covid, but has mild symptoms.  I guess they are not in the 90% effective group.  

Well my friend’s mother died of Covid yesterday morning, approximately five weeks after getting her second vaccine shot.  She was perfectly healthy before getting either shot.  He will not be getting the vaccine.  Imagine that.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry for your friends loss.

History I believe will not be kind to this period of time. The things that have happened astound me. I literally, find myself at a loss to put the magnitude into words. The future I both welcome, and shudder at. The only way out is through, many of us here will not survive. May God have mercy on our souls. 

• Like 1

Well...I really didn't expect the reactions from so many when I started my little comment. Guess I wasn't thinking to well.

I've watched and read all these comments and as ReeferMac says, I believe only time will tell who, if any, of us is right or wrong.

I've talked to friends, family, neighbors, and some of us here about my decision and the opinions of each. Those opinions are just as varied as we have here.

Can't say that my own perception of the vaccines have really changed in the last 2 weeks. In retrospect, had I not held such a high opinion of my Oncologist; I believe I would not have taken the vaccine. But that cannot be undone. So whatever my personal outcome, it's in God's Hands.

But, it surely cannot be mass hysteria that so many around this nation and the world still question the virus and it's origins, it's effects and lethality, the vaccines, and the possible motives behind it all. 

I was a "sheeple" for many years, most of my life in fact. Never questioned anything. Took what was said and handed to me at face value. It must be true and good for me. The TV and government said so.🤦‍♂️ I lived...no...existed. Watching the world and my life go by.

What changed my and my outlook is personal and not open for discussion at this time. What is important is that I did begin to look around.  To see the world beyond my 2 foot personal space. To think. To question people, government. Ask why we are so obsessed with things. Why do we accept because a "leader" tells us it is so, right, and true. When did we start believing the comments of a "celebrity" was always the truth and more important than mine? 

I opened my eyes. For the first time I think. Not that I'm a great and wise man. Far from it. But I'm looking, questioning, and hopefully learning now.

So back to the Covid-19, and now it's variants. 

Was this a man-made virus? I say absolutely Yes to that.  I don't believe that it came from a fruit market where bats, rats, or whatever lived. It came from the WuHan Lab. Far too many established medical professionals attest to this. Even the former Director of the CDC says it is. 

My lay opinion has not changed one whit on that. When first brought to national attention, "News" readers told us that it did come from the Wuhan labs and that a, or multiple technicians had been affected and had been the cause of the infection's spreading. 

That was squelched about two days in and all references and video removed. I KNOW I saw and heard it, as I'm sure many others did as well.

Whether this was an accidental release, or...as I, in my tinfoil hat theories contend; it was a test release at the least. Just to determine our, the US's and the world's reactions and capabilities to respond to a viral release/attack.

Agree with me or not, this virus has changed our lives, our country, and our world for the worse. Jobs lost. Businesses closed, many forever. Lives of families changed. Schools and universities closed. Social interactions curtailed. Dependence on government "Help, even Rescue" pushed to an extent we would not have thought possible. Living online almost 24/7. Damage to the nuclear family, which was already hanging by a thread, pushed further along towards complete loss. Many(more) accepting a government dole rather than working.

Well you should be able to see it as well. Agree or not, it's your choice. But I think it is clearly a plan that at best is allowing the inmates to run the asylum; and at worst, a plan to fully control our lives.

We have seen and talked of the "cradle to grave" government over the past few decades. I think I's here now. Just a few short steps away from fruition for our controllers.

Whether you believe those in control to be some Uber-rich, Elitist New World Order, a military cabal, or just the Illuminiti coming to power at long last; Change has come. And it is here to stay.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
On 3/17/2021 at 3:15 PM, RED333 said:

I have had the dadburn chicom  flu. It wasn’t fun but it was a deadly. I am living proof masks don’t work and the chicom  flu don’t kill, What does Kill is underlying conditions. People with underlying conditions, if they so choose should get the shot. It is a personal choice.

If the J&J shot becomes more available and I’m not stepping in line in front of someone that really needs it, I just might take a shot. But that is a good bit down the road for me. Antibodies are lasting at least eight months now as testing gets better. Since I’ve had the chicom flu I can no longer catch it and can no longer give it away.

Saying that this virus doesn’t kill because you survived it is like saying bullets do not kill because you got shot and lived. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

Saying that this virus doesn’t kill because you survived it is like saying bullets do not kill because you got shot and lived. 

I had this big long response, but we all have our own lives to live, just be safe, be smart and remember God loves us all.

It thank the Lord for another day, every day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People all over the world and on this board have been arguing  back and forth about this virus for over a year now. Both sides have valid points, but are also just rehashing the same things over and over again. I. too, believe that there is some sort of conspiracy involved, perhaps many. But I still don't know what, why or who might be involved. Odds are that none of us will ever know for sure. I see no point in continuing  to beat this poor, dead horse. 

The one thing that I do know is that on the advice of several of my personal doctors, whom I trust and have managed to keep my sorry butt alive much longer than I should have, I was a good puppy and got my shots. I will keep wearing a mask and I will keep social distancing.  I truly believe we have a very long way to go yet. 

What you do or believe is entirely up to you. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

People all over the world and on this board have been arguing  back and forth about this virus for over a year now. Both sides have valid points, but are also just rehashing the same things over and over again. I. too, believe that there is some sort of conspiracy involved, perhaps many. But I still don't know what, why or who might be involved. Odds are that none of us will ever know for sure. I see no point in continuing  to beat this poor, dead horse. 

The one thing that I do know is that on the advice of several of my personal doctors, whom I trust and have managed to keep my sorry butt alive much longer than I should have, I was a good puppy and got my shots. I will keep wearing a mask and I will keep social distancing.  I truly believe we have a very long way to go yet. 

What you do or believe is entirely up to you. 

Well said. And in fewer words than I took. lol

On 3/13/2021 at 8:33 AM, gregintenn said:

I always heard a wise man changes his mind often.

True, and women more than that. LOL

Seriously tho, nothing wrong with changing your mind, there's often a better idea to be had. I've had both Moderna vaccines at the VA. No issues.

I don't buy the idea that Pfizer is any better than Moderna. Haven't heard any official word on that.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 7:51 PM, RED333 said:

I am sorry, but the crap does not kill, it is the under lying issues that are made worse by the crap that kills. Docs were forced to say that COVID was the cause of death, when it was a bad heart, bad lungs, poor blood sugar, poor health, just to name a few, that was the cause of death.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:03 AM, Oh Shoot said:

Millions of people with heart issues, lung issues, diabetes were living relatively normal lives with their respective health treatments. Then they caught Covid and croaked. Strange how their existing maladies all flared up at once enough to kill them, eh?

On 3/18/2021 at 5:55 AM, RED333 said:

Not really, people die every day of these, .gov made COVID the cause.

That's like reasoning that a fat guy who got run over by a bus was killed by obesity because he couldn't get out of the way fast enough.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Oh Shoot said:

That's like reasoning that a fat guy who got run over by a bus was killed by obesity because he couldn't get out of the way fast enough.

- OS

I can not argue that point.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I guess I can cap this thread off now. I got my2nd Moderna Vaccine injection on 4/9. All went well and I left after obligatory 15 minute observation period. Although I don't really think I was watched, just sort of shoved off in a chair and told to wait until time to go.

Anyway, late Saturday afternoon, I started feeling a bit off. Joints aching, headache, and generally weaker than usual. Not bad enough to run to ER, but wife was concerned. Sunday was a bit worse. Had several just plain old deep bone aches. Tylenol and CBD creams helped, but not much. 

Pretty much like we were all told...flu-like symptoms.

Fast forward to this morning. I feel pretty good. Aches gone, at least those new ones. lol Head feels better, and I don't feel dizzy or a bit queazy as earlier.

Injection site on my arm is a bit sore. A bit swollen and red still, but fading.

Overall, I guess I'll live a bit longer. Still looking out for that 3rd eye to appear though.

Wife still says its a No for her. I say her choice unless mandated by Uncle Joe and his pals.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I took my second Pfizer shot yesterday about 9am. About 11pm I started feeling like hell. Aches in body and head. Fever. Shivering. Slept terrible. Took some acetaminophen this morning and feel a little better but glad I don’t work today. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1