Did something I said I wouldn't do for a While

hipower

9 hours ago, Daniel said:

I took my second Pfizer shot yesterday about 9am. About 11pm I started feeling like hell. Aches in body and head. Fever. Shivering. Slept terrible. Took some acetaminophen this morning and feel a little better but glad I don’t work today. 

Most of the folks I know who have shared their experience; pretty crappy after the second dose, one to multiple days. 

I'm having my second next Friday morning.

On 4/23/2021 at 6:03 PM, A.J. Holst said:

Most of the folks I know who have shared their experience; pretty crappy after the second dose, one to multiple days. 

I'm having my second next Friday morning.

I felt 75% better this morning.  So about 48 hours after the shot.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, had my second dose Tuesday (Moderna). Of course had the sore arm.

Pretty flu-like on Wednesday (tired, sore, achey)  a bit better on Thursday, and fine on Saturday when I went hiking again.

BUT, the darnedest thing: I have a weird, soapy- nickel taste in my mouth especially when I drink coffee...

27 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I probably don't belong on this discussion because, I still ain't had a shot. Nothing against those who have. 

I'm not getting the shot. My wife has 27 nurses and 3 got the shot. No one should be forced to take the shot and no one should be ridiculed for taking it. As with most all thing, the decision should be left up to the individual. Your position is sound. Now the government will call us fools while also calling the the people who took the shot foolish. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Swamp ash said:

Pretty flu-like on Wednesday (tired, sore, achey)  a bit better on Thursday, and fine on Saturday when I went hiking again.

BUT, the darnedest thing: I have a weird, soapy- nickel taste in my mouth especially when I drink coffee...

Wash your coffee cup! 🤣

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

Wash your coffee cup! 🤣

19 hours ago, Swamp ash said:

No telling what's in that crap.

• Haha 1

Had my second shot today. The coffee at the office tasted like crap. 

But then again, it could have just been bad coffee. 🤣

I’ll report if I have any negative effects (other than a sore arm). 

Obviously I don’t have a problem with the vaccine. I do trust science, and I do think folks should get the vaccine. But as Allycat72 said, it is a personal decision.  I will not fault anyone for deciding to either wait for more data, or for deciding to not get it all together.  

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Had my second shot today. The coffee at the office tasted like crap. 

But then again, it could have just been bad coffee. 🤣

I’ll report if I have any negative effects (other than a sore arm). 

Obviously I don’t have a problem with the vaccine. I do trust science, and I do think folks should get the vaccine. But as Allycat72 said, it is a personal decision.  I will not fault anyone for deciding to either wait for more data, or for deciding to not get it all together.  

From what I gather this is normal for all the vaccines. I did Novavax and experienced similar.

• Like 1

I spoke to a pharmacy tech today at Walgreens and she said their appointments have dropped significantly and they have more covid vaccine than they know what to do with. I gave up trying to get my parents to take it. They'll have to live with the consequences but I also respect their decision. I'm ready to lose my mask though. I think maybe 10% of members are still wearing a mask at my gym.

• Wow 1
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I spoke to a pharmacy tech today at Walgreens and she said their appointments have dropped significantly and they have more covid vaccine than they know what to do with. I gave up trying to get my parents to take it. They'll have to live with the consequences but I also respect their decision. I'm ready to lose my mask though. I think maybe 10% of members are still wearing a mask at my gym.

I lost the mask last week. I have done my part. Of course, our idiot governor is still hanging onto the mask mandate. Folks are just ignoring it.

There is no pandemic just lies and manipulated numbers let see if your 75 and poor health you have a 99.8 percent recovery rate.but as long as they convence you of the boogy man they can stop you from going to church walking on the beach .having normal elections. Always one more shot 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1
6 hours ago, Justicetoall said:

There is no pandemic just lies and manipulated numbers...

Just because the CDC quietly admitted over 94% of "covid death statistics" were actually co-morbidities WITH Covid, and only 6% of the people listed as Covid deaths actually DIED of the disease itself, is no reason to disagree with what the talking head on facetwat told me. You're making me want my safe space.

The existence of a Co-morbidity does not mean the statistics are incorrect or they covid is not the cause of death. If you have high blood pressure or diabetes, or are obese, but are managing those issues, and then you contract Covid-19 and subsequently die from Covid-19, they will list the co-morbidity. You were fine and dandy, and trucking along, managing your health issue until you got covid. COVID-19 is the reason you died. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-94-percent-covid-among-caus-idUSKBN25U2IO

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Snaveba said:

The existence of a Co-morbidity does not mean the statistics are incorrect or they covid is not the cause of death. If you have high blood pressure or diabetes, or are obese, but are managing those issues, and then you contract Covid-19 and subsequently die from Covid-19, they will list the co-morbidity. You were fine and dandy, and trucking along, managing your health issue until you got covid. COVID-19 is the reason you died. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-94-percent-covid-among-caus-idUSKBN25U2IO

I tend to agree. A guy with diabetes that dies in a car crash didn't die of diabetes. However people stopped dying of everything else when covid showed up. We will never know the true numbers. 

• Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, alleycat72 said:

I tend to agree. A guy with diabetes that dies in a car crash didn't die of diabetes. However people stopped dying of everything else when covid showed up. We will never know the true numbers. 

In some cases, say terminal cancer, advanced heart disease, etc, where someone was near death’s door, and then they contract covid and die, the complications of covid likely hastened their death. In those cases, I agree that calling it a covid death skews the data to a small extent. In these cases, maybe it would have been better to list the cause of death as cancer, or advanced heart disease, hastened or complicated by Covid-19. 

But today, obesity, high blood pressure, and other co-morbidities are managed so well that the conditions are not nearly as fatal as they used to be. Until you add a new complication like Covid-19. Then the body can’t handle the stress of fighting covid-19 and the other health issues and the patient dies. 

I would guess that if you looked at the death statistics of many more common illnesses (flu, pneumonia, bacterial infections, etc) you would find that in many cases, there were co-morbidites of the same kind we see with Covid-19 that made the illness more fatal. 

• Like 1