Barrett Fieldcraft

Ropin4gold

They stopped making them a year or two ago.  Not sure if they have restarted making them.  A couple of years ago I handled a Fieldcraft in .308 and instantly fell in love with it.  It shoulders great, action was like butter and just felt right in your hands.  

I think member @Chris has one.  Maybe he will chime in.

I've got two... one in 6.5 Creedmore and one in .308. Love them both. Really great platform. I've hunted pronghorn, whitetail and elk with them. The 6.5 is a little light for elk in my opinion but ideal for anything smaller. I don't think Barrett is making them now, but that information is at least a year old so I couldn't say for sure. Once I got these all my other deer rifles became safe queens. If you see one I strongly recommend you buy it. You won't regret it.

• Like 1

There was one in the rack at Sportsman's Warehouse in the Boro a week or so ago. I did not recall the caliber but I want to say either 6.5 or 308. 
Do not get one in 7mm-08. function and feeding were fine but accuracy was not on par with the 6.5, 308, and 270. 
You should pay under $2000 for one like new to lightly used. Over that and I personally feel like you are getting gouged a bit, but it is 2021 I guess. 

13 hours ago, derf said:

My granddaughter works for sportsmans warehouse and they still stock this Rifle. It may be new/old stock though. 

Yes it would be new old stock or used. They have not been produced by Barrett in well over a year, closer to two years honestly. They are still out there in distributor warehouses and some retailers. 

I checked out the fieldcraft, the Christiansen arms, and a Remington 700 mountain the other day. Of those three I preferred the fieldcraft but it was the most expensive ($1849). The Remington 700 was $995, add a trigger and it should be good to go. I didn’t care for the Christiansen, it had the carbon fiber wrapped barrel. I did not make a purchase yet. 

@Ropin4gold

Did you check out the 6.5 Tikka T3x Roughtech at Sportsman's in Murfreesboro?  It was around a grand and had the spiral fluted bolt, fluted and threaded barrel.  You definitely need to check it out.

Edited by accuser

I listened to a podcast with Chris Barrett this weekend and he was asked about the fieldcraft.  He said that the product line is NOT DEAD but it's also not a part of Barrett's strategy for 2021.  At some point they intend to bring the line back online but he doesn't know when.   He said, and take this however you'd like, that if he was in the market and found one for less than 2k, he'd buy it now. 

• 5 months later...