Ruger and S&W Take on Sig and Springfield Armory

Garufa

I got a laugh out of the fact that S&W has been heavily promoting that they were going to unveil a new gun at 8 p.m. Eastern on March 15...and then Ruger announces the Max-9 several hours earlier, without previous notice.

More choices are a good thing.

Cheers,

Whisper

Edited by Whisper
  • Like 4
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Whisper said:

I got a laugh out of the fact that S&W has been heavily promoting that they were going to unveil a new gun at 8 p.m. Eastern on March 15...and then Ruger announces the Max-9 several hours earlier, without previous notice.

More choices are a good thing.

Cheers,

Whisper

Yeah, there was definitely some sail deflation there. 

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Ruger probably cooked up the MAX-9 after S&W made an announcement they had a big announcement coming.

Pulled the Ruger right out from under them. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have not tried carrying my M&P 2.0 compact (15+1). Seems a little big for AIWB carry. 

I will like to see how these two will compare to my P365XL. The shield plus intrigues me more than the Ruger. But I like Smith and Weston.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Snaveba said:

I have not tried carrying my M&P 2.0 compact (15+1). Seems a little big for AIWB carry. 

I will like to see how these two will compare to my P365XL. The shield plus intrigues me more than the Ruger. But I like Smith and Weston.

I have 3 guns that I alternate AIWB carry. My Hellcat, my M&P 2.0 (w/ APLc) and my War Poet (w/ X300). 

It’s not too big, but it is more “there”. 

I've carried a Shield for years, first the 1.0, and now the 2.0. After shooting a buddy's P365XL I decided to make the switch. The XL is about 1/2" longer on the slide and near identical in all other dimensions to the Shield with a 7-round flush magazine. The XL has 12+1 in that footprint. I use a Hogue grip on both to better fit my hand.

I heard the new Shield was coming, but found an XL at Academy last week and the choice was made.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2021 at 11:25 AM, Chucktshoes said:

I have 3 guns that I alternate AIWB carry. My Hellcat, my M&P 2.0 (w/ APLc) and my War Poet (w/ X300). 

It’s not too big, but it is more “there”. 

What is a War Poet?  

• 4 months later...