This did not have a happy ending...

Just saw another new story. Shooter still insists it wasn't racial. However, MSM is going on and on about how 6 victims were asian and 7 were women. Various politicians and political groups are already latching on to racial element and preaching about racial violence, especially against asians. 

Typical politicians. never let a good tragedy go to waste.  If it doesn't quite fit your agenda, make it. 💩

1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

Just saw another new story. Shooter still insists it wasn't racial. However, MSM is going on and on about how 6 victims were asian and 7 were women. Various politicians and political groups are already latching on to racial element and preaching about racial violence, especially against asians. 

Typical politicians. never let a good tragedy go to waste.  If it doesn't quite fit your agenda, make it. 💩

It seems very important to report that he once attended a Southern Baptist church.

21 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Seems that there is more concern for the shooter than the victims. His excuse is lame as f*ck. 

I completely agree. The guy is a totally bat poop crazy murderer. Deserves to die. But the point is that in his mind he was killing hookers, not asians. The MSM and political hacks keep wanting to change that. 

Let's face it. He's white, male, 21 years old, religious and he used a gun. He rings all the progressive left's hate bells. You better believe the liberals are gonna milk this for all they can get. 🤬

• Like 2

Oh Boy! This keeps getting better. Now the media is going after Sheriff's Dept. Spokesman Captain Jay Baker who spoke to the TV reporters. They're accusing him of racism and not taking hate crimes against asians seriously. This is based on a facebook post in March 2020 showing him wearing an anti-china Covid related t-shirt and the fact that he has never stated that this was a hate crime despite constant urging from reporters to do so.  In short, he won't say what they want to hear. Yep, the libs are throwing the net real wide on this one. 💩

Edited by Grayfox54
4 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I completely agree. The guy is a totally bat poop crazy murderer. Deserves to die. But the point is that in his mind he was killing hookers, not asians. The MSM and political hacks keep wanting to change that. 

Let's face it. He's white, male, 21 years old, religious and he used a gun. He rings all the progressive left's hate bells. You better believe the liberals are gonna milk this for all they can get. 🤬

I’m not going to talk politics or what the media is doing.  Most people , especially veterans know those spas/massage parlors are usually fronts for stream and creams.  His alleged  “addiction “ is to Asian hookers.  

You cast a broad net when assume that only liberals hate 21 year old, white, religious, gun toting killers of Asian Americans. 

Again, the real victims are the deceased.  Not the killer or the sheriff. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Links2k said:

I’m not going to talk politics or what the media is doing.  Most people , especially veterans know those spas/massage parlors are usually fronts for stream and creams.  His alleged  “addiction “ is to Asian hookers.  

You cast a broad net when assume that only liberals hate 21 year old, white, religious, gun toting killers of Asian Americans. 

I have an idea. Let’s try and execute this guy for his crimes. Determining why he did it at this point is an exercise in futility unless you are looking to use this senseless crime as political fodder.

In a court of law, it should not matter what anyone’s race is nor the reason for the crime. You should determine whether or not the defendant is guilty, and if he is, punish him accordingly for his crimes.

I would like to see him tried today and publicly hung tomorrow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, Links2k said:

Do you agree with the MSM putting forth the accusation that the US Military is responsible for the massage parlors here in the US?  The sex industry has been around since Adam and Eve if you lean that way, and massage parlors, while a big part of it, isn't all about sex.  There are quite a few spas that are legit places, otherwise they would not be allowed to get licenced.  I'll give you that probably the majority of the asian places either do offer sexual services or at least lead some to think so, to get clients into their establishment.  And though this particular guy was as you guys are putting it, a young, white, religious, gun-totin killer,  I dare say MOST of us do not harbor any good feelings toward this guy, but you and I both know they will try and use this to paint ALL of us gun owners with that brush, even those of us who are not technically what they call white, religious, or killers (war not included).   

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I have an idea. Let’s try and execute this guy for his crimes. Determining why he did it at this point is an exercise in futility unless you are looking to use this senseless crime as political fodder.

In a court of law, it should not matter what anyone’s race is nor the reason for the crime. You should determine whether or not the defendant is guilty, and if he is, punish him accordingly for his crimes.

I would like to see him tried today and publicly hung tomorrow.

Yes, but Capt Jay Baker pulled out a flaccid excuse for this guy's actions, which was not necessary at all. In fact, it may taint the case.

He discounted the killing of 8 people as having a "bad day"?

I agree, let's certainly focus on the nutcase kid, but I question that comment, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
48 minutes ago, Omega said:

Do you agree with the MSM putting forth the accusation that the US Military is responsible for the massage parlors here in the US?  The sex industry has been around since Adam and Eve if you lean that way, and massage parlors, while a big part of it, isn't all about sex.  There are quite a few spas that are legit places, otherwise they would not be allowed to get licenced.  I'll give you that probably the majority of the asian places either do offer sexual services or at least lead some to think so, to get clients into their establishment.  And though this particular guy was as you guys are putting it, a young, white, religious, gun-totin killer,  I dare say MOST of us do not harbor any good feelings toward this guy, but you and I both know they will try and use this to paint ALL of us gun owners with that brush, even those of us who are not technically what they call white, religious, or killers (war not included).   

I certainly haven't a clue on the History of massage parlors, but, camp followers, "Hookers" ( Gen Hooker), etc have accompanied campaigns, camps/bases and war zones probably as long as we have had organized campaigns, camps/bases and wars.

Edited by Swamp ash
  • Like 1

I don't care if these were angels among us or straight up whores, this man is someone society needs to lock him up forever or put him down.  There is zero sympathy for circumstances, beliefs, or anything when you take eight lives in a premeditated act.

I'm not sold on the racial bias here, but you at least investigate it when something like this happens, and you go a bit deeper than taking the murderer at his word.  This could be a targeting of prostitution while also targeting Asians.  Right now, I don't think we know to a degree to be making declarative statements.  I do know that Asians have been subjected to some horrid measures of discrimination since the 1800s, and not much happens in a vacuum.

The media is just hyping it up to fill air time in an other wise boring period because as John Popper sang, "when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck I don't rely on luck because The Hook brings you back".  They're struggling to find content without Trump feeding it up for them so they'll be grasping at things like this.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Omega said:

I don’t have any real feelings about this issue, except sorrow for the victims. I won’t be drawn into what Fox News and MSNBC are saying. It’s just another day in America. I’ll just say that this was another heinous crime committed in an American city, and hopefully with the violence that the Asian community has faced over the last year they will be more vocal about injustices facing society as a whole. The Asian community is learning that even when you mind your own business American culture will still reach out to you.  

Opinions about guns have already been formed and entrenched on both sides, so no I’m not worried about being collectively painted with a broad brush by anti-gunners. These killings are what terrifies anti-gunners, and with each mass killing it stiffens their resolve to disarm the public.  You can’t blame sheep for being a sheep.  

Edited by Links2k
  • Like 1

I caught a quick blub of a news item that said the shooter purchased his firearm from a LGS just hours before the shootings. So I assume the sale was legal and he passed a background check? I didn't get any details. Anybody got anything more or a link about this? 

Also, Atlanta PD is going out of their way to emphasis that they had no knowledge or indication of any illegal activities at the businesses involved.  It seems that MSM and much of the general public have simply assumed that these places did so. Once again, guilty until proven innocent. 🤬

5 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I caught a quick blub of a news item that said the shooter purchased his firearm from a LGS just hours before the shootings. So I assume the sale was legal and he passed a background check? I didn't get any details. Anybody got anything more or a link about this? 

Also, Atlanta PD is going out of their way to emphasis that they had no knowledge or indication of any illegal activities at the businesses involved.  It seems that MSM and much of the general public have simply assumed that these places did so. Once again, guilty until proven innocent. 🤬

Regardless if the spas were legal or illegal, there is no doubt the guy admitted to the killings. His reasons for committing the crime doesn’t matter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Regardless if the spas were legal or illegal, there is no doubt the guy admitted to the killings. His reasons for committing the crime doesn’t matter.

His reasons are what the whole ruckus is about. Dems and MSM are trying very hard to make this a racial hate crime. That fits their agenda much better than admitting the guy is just plain crazy. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

His reasons are what the whole ruckus is about. Dems and MSM are trying very hard to make this a racial hate crime. That fits their agenda much better than admitting the guy is just plain crazy. 

It could be a combination of the two.  The guy is racist and bat sh*t crazy.  It doesn’t have to be political. I don’t even want to delve into the political aspects of this case.  I’m worn out with politics and cable news. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Links2k said:

In somewhat related news, Houston Texans quarterback facing three allegations of sexual assault at massage parlors. 

Protected class. He's the victim of the NFL Elite owner system and his addiction. His addiction will matter. 

30 minutes ago, Smith said:

Protected class. He's the victim of the NFL Elite owner system and his addiction. His addiction will matter. 

I guarantee you these allegations will be acted upon by the NFL. They protect the shield at all cost. The NFL is as fickle as the wind. They cater to money.  Also no one said Watson had an addiction. Watson denies all allegations and stated that the victims attorney requested a six million dollar settlement to keep the allegations out of the news. If the allegations are true, serve him up to the justice system. 

Edited by Links2k
1 hour ago, Darrell said:

I don't see what difference it makes if it's a racial hate crime or not. He MURDERED eight people and he should fry. 

^^^^

This, if he's found guilty he should be sentenced accordingly.

I always get a kick out of "hate crime" I don't know of any like/love crimes...

• Like 2