This did not have a happy ending...

1 hour ago, Links2k said:

I guarantee you these allegations will be acted upon by the NFL. They protect the shield at all cost. The NFL is as fickle as the wind. They cater to money. 聽Also no one said Watson had an addiction. Watson denies all allegations and stated that the victims attorney requested a six million dollar settlement to keep the allegations out of the news. If the allegations are true, serve him up to the justice system.聽

You sure are fired up about peoples perceived take on this story! 馃檪聽Context is hard online, but my comment was a tongue-in-check shot at the hypocrisy of the "narrative". Not about Georgia killer or Watson.聽

Sadly, whether Watson is guilty or innocent will make no difference. Much like the true story of Atlanta.聽It will be how the narrative directs "justice (social)" and how it can be used to further an agenda that only cares with the ideological outcome, not reality or real people.聽

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Smith said:

You sure are fired up about peoples perceived take on this story! 馃檪聽Context is hard online, but my comment was a tongue-in-check shot at the hypocrisy of the "narrative". Not about Georgia killer or Watson.聽

Sadly, whether Watson is guilty or innocent will make no difference. Much like the true story of Atlanta.聽It will be how the narrative directs "justice (social)" and how it can be used to further an agenda that only cares with the ideological outcome, not reality or real people.聽

I鈥檓 not fired up about anything brother. I just stated my opinion. I鈥檓 learning that nothing outside of my household is worth getting worked up over. 聽My anger changes nothing. It鈥檚 wasted energy.聽

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Links2k said:

In somewhat related news, Houston Texans quarterback facing three allegations聽of sexual assault at massage parlors.聽

Holy strokes not another massage parlor incident.

Gee and I thought the QB was supposed to be the hands of the team, too...

• Haha 1
On 3/18/2021 at 11:46 AM, Swamp ash said:

Yes, but Capt Jay Baker pulled out a flaccid excuse for this guy's actions, which was not necessary at all. In fact, it may taint聽the case.

He discounted the killing of 8 people as having a "bad day"?

I agree, let's certainly focus on the nutcase kid, but I question that comment, too.

He actually said "Yesterday was a really bad day for him" instead of "he was having a bad聽day." 聽A subtle difference, but the quote widely reported by MSM is inaccurate and can have a completely different meaning. 聽But hey, when you need to stir up some viewers or advance an agenda, it's all good to paraphrase. 聽

• Like 1
18 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Supposed allegations up to 12.

Looks like he could be the Gov of New York...

Lawyer says lawsuits against Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson up to 12 (espn.com)

I'll be the last to say that there isn't something worth checking out here, but there's also a lot of questions about how this is developing.

Couple in that apparently they went to Watson for a settlement before going to court, and a lot is sketchy here.聽 Mike Florio lays out a lot of good points about how the lawyer representing these women is making this about himself as much as anything.聽

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1
On 3/18/2021 at 5:29 PM, AuEagle said:

^^^^

This, if he's found guilty he should be sentenced accordingly.

I always get a kick out of "hate crime" I don't know of any like/love crimes...

I don't agree with "hate crime " bs, but people murder for all kinds of reasons. People murder their loved ones and believe they love them the whole time. Moms do the murder/suicide thing聽because they want to be with their children in the after life. Serial killers usually have a trigger that makes them want a victim. They don't necessarily hate them. At most they are indifferent to them, or believe they have a connection with the victim. Sometimes they just hate聽people. They are all聽varying degrees of crazy.聽

• Like 2

Its seems now that the antis are pushing for a waiting or "cooling off period" on the purchase of firearms. They claim that if the Atlanta shooter had had to wait to get his gun that this tragedy wouldn't have happened. One way or another, the antis are gonna try to use this to their advantage.聽

• Like 1