Found- Ruger 22 Charger Takedown

On 3/17/2021 at 2:09 PM, RED333 said:

I had to look this up, had no idea they made a charger takedown version . Good luck with your search.

I'm with Red...I didn't know either. Did some searching just now, and it seems to fall into the Unicorn catagory. Out of Stock everywhere. But seems many are taking orders for future sales.

They're different for sure, and I actually figured people would have purchased them and found no use for it, so maybe I'd find one second hand.   I might have been wrong about that.   I've seen some on Gunbroker, even at fixed $499 price for the takedown version.  That of course still leaves shipping and FFL on top of just finding one locally, unless the seller happens to be in the eastern half of TN.   I did talk to a local shop that I've had good luck with, and they said they aren't seeing many Ruger handguns, and haven't seen one of these in quite a while.  I'll keep in touch with them, and Bud's, and maybe one of them will come up with one before I have to start thinking of buying from Gunbroker.   

Still looking.  I realized that I've had in-stock notifications for this turned on in Bud's site since August, so either they haven't received one, or their notifications don't work.  It seems the standard (not takedown) version is reasonably available on GB, and other sites, but not the 4924 takedown version.  I've even seen some of the "lite" versions, but either overpriced, or with goofy colors on the barrel shroud. 

• 3 weeks later...