Any turkey hunters on here?

2 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I'm not seeing a lot of shotgun ammo lately. I have some turkey ammo and a few boxes of low and high brass field loads. I don't think I've seen any BB or no. #2 in awhile.

I understand... BB is hard ta find no matter where ya look.  

Thanks a bunch.  

leroy

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

It is my understanding that #4 shot and smaller is the legal shot size for turkeys. A good load of # 6's will put ole Tom in the freezer.

Yeah, #4, #5, and #6. I killed my first bird with #4 and have killed a bunch more with it. But, have been using #6 this season because I can't find anything else. 🙄

Got that one dried out and mounted up. Never did a mount like this before and must say I think it turned out pretty good. I've always just mounted the fan, beard and spurs but this will be my go to mount from now on. 

IMG_20210430_162622_548.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Congrats Shaun. On the subject of turkeys I saw a program a few evenings ago and a lot of states are experiencing low turkey numbers and most say it is because of an abundance of predators. They say the low number of trappers trend with the lower number of turkeys. So get out there and trap or shoot some coyotes, bobcats,raccoons, opossums, crows. This guy had some film of a bobcat, coyote and hawk all attacking his decoy.

3 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

. So get out there and trap or shoot some coyotes, bobcats,raccoons, opossums, crows. 

I have never trapped and have no desire to start. I would however be fine with hunting coyote and bobcat on a more regular basis. I just wish decent quality thermal optics were not so expensive. I just can't justify the cost. Night hunts would be far more successful and enjoyable. 

• Like 1