Is Armslist trying to go under

Am I missing something here? First you must pay to advertise or contact someone and now I have no filters so I have to go through 50 dealer ads to see private sales. Makes me just quit looking. I have started writing down numbers of people no see in there often and just text them when I want something.

5 hours ago, loadedp3at said:

Am I missing something here? First you must pay to advertise or contact someone and now I have no filters so I have to go through 50 dealer ads to see private sales. Makes me just quit looking. I have started writing down numbers of people no see in there often and just text them when I want something.

YES, you are indeed missing the filter option. Its just down the page on the right side. You can remove the 50 or so dealer ads that show up like clockwork daily.聽

• Administrator
10 hours ago, loadedp3at said:

Sounds frustrating.聽 We've tried to keep it simple here and it's working so far.聽 馃檪

• Like 4

Armslist screwed themselves when they went to charging just to answer an聽ad. I can see a charge to sell, but to buy is ridiculous.聽聽馃が

The Memphis Armslist 聽used to easily run 15-16 pages or more of guns for sale. Now its maybe聽half that and slowly shrinking. The only ones selling are the ads where the seller is smart enough to put a phone number in them.聽 Its seems that ads without phone numbers just sit there for a very long time.聽 I've seen several guns I was interested in, but not enough to pay a fee just to contact the seller.聽聽馃檮

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok. I have now went over three weeks and cannot find a filter button anymore. Is it me or is it gone. I even went to the main site and pulled up a state. All I got was the entire state listings with no way to get to the cities. Any Arms list guys on here?

The power search is a nice feature, but you have the same problem as on craigslist searching for a car. Sellers don't put in the information on the item, so all you are doing is eliminating lots of ads that likely have what you want. Most sellers don't even give an effective description or title either. I don't know what the deal is on there. Looks like if you were going to pay to be able to list stuff you would make it easier to find it.

• Like 1