Colorado Active Shooter

28 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

We have another active shooter while such aggressive gun legislation is being pushed through. Not being insensitive to the victims, just suspicipus of the timing AND amount of media attention it gets. 

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/active-shooter-reported-grocery-store-colorado-boulder-police/story?id=76614488

You don't think 10 dead including a police officer is newsworthy?

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

You don't think 10 dead including a police officer is newsworthy?

Nope didn't say that. I simply expressed that I am suspicious, and have been for a long time that at least some of these dont just happen, they are orchestrated. 

I will put my tin foil hat back on and be quite.

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

Nope didn't say that. I simply expressed that I am suspicious, and have been for a long time that at least some of these dont just happen, they are orchestrated. 

I will put my tin foil hat back on and be quite.

Ya gotta admit that two shootings in two weeks is a bit suspicious. 

Star Trek addressed your concerns a long time ago. No matter what you think of the shows, they were very philosophical at times. 

Bk4esXV.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not sure how everything is a conspiracy with some if you.  Maybe stop watching people like Sidney Powell?

Once you have one mass shooting, it's not uncommon to motivate another person to do the same. For whatever reason, we had almost no mass shootings last year compared to previous years. I was thankful for that. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 7

I broke and watched a bit of the YT vid. 

What the hell is the current impulse to pull out your phone and video or livestream instead of calling 911, providing aid, or evacuating????? I guess he wanted to up his YT views. 😡

Then scared away someone trying to provide aid to a downed victim. 

1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I'm not sure how everything is a conspiracy with some if you.  Maybe stop watching people like Sidney Powell?

Once you have one mass shooting, it's not uncommon to motivate another person to do the same. For whatever reason, we had almost no mass shootings last year compared to previous years. I was thankful for that. 

Depends on your definition of mass shootings and where you look. Many places list a large number of multiple injury or death shootings during 2020, but most never made it to the national news. Granted, if you read through them a lot seem to be more gang/drug violence, murder suicides, and such than what is typically considered a "mass shooting" but that has not stopped them from being covered before.  The media was just busy covering the pandemic since it garnered the highest ratings. Otherwise a lot of those would have made the headlines. 

This is the reason I watch very little news anyway. When I do, I avoid either far side of any debate. No idea who Sidney Powell is. My distrust is pulled from a lifetime of watching powerful people nudge things to get them to move in they way they want. Financial markets and legal matters are just 2 of them. Then the media has its own agenda to get ratings. I just get tired of being treated like a mushroom.... Fed sh!t and kept in the dark...

• Like 3

My brother lives not far from where this happened and was in the area yesterday.  I have been to that King Supers with him.  Said he has never seen so many police at once on the roads headed towards to the store while he was headed home from a Dr's appt.   I called because his wife is a teacher and my nieces go to two of the schools within a couple of blocks of there.  Luckily their schools were on spring break this week.   He said a lot of kids go to that store for lunch.

He said what I think most of us would say and that is "No one would ever think it would happen in a place like this".  It's highly affluent and in general a very safe place.  It only takes once.  Waiting to see if they knew anyone killed or injured.  I would be surprised if they don't.

2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

We had no mass shootings according to the news. Just because one of the MSM didn't report it doesn't mean it doesn't occur. Tons of planes fall out of the sky every year but most get 10 seconds of reporting and it's on to something else. And considering "mass" is now 4 or more I'd say it was business as usual in places like Chicago Detroit and other high crime cities.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

We had no mass shootings according to the news. Just because one of the MSM didn't report it doesn't mean it doesn't occur. Tons of planes fall out of the sky every year but most get 10 seconds of reporting and it's on to something else. And considering "mass" is now 4 or more I'd say it was business as usual in places like Chicago Detroit and other high crime cities.

Good point. I'm sure by definition we had mass shootings last year. But we didn't see the sort of high profile shootings like those that have occurred this month in GA and now CO. If we did, I missed them. I only mentioned that because I remember thinking last year that it had been a while since we saw one and if anything, you would think more angry people would have lashed out last year during all the COVID stress. 

• Like 2

You have to admit that the last year has been very stressful on a lot of people. Some folks just can't handle it. Murder rates are way up all over the country. Suicides as well. This pandemic has killed a lot more people than the disease alone. 

• Like 1

Sounds a lot like a hate crime-of coarse it would have to be hate that drives a person to something like this in the first place.

The shooter received a leg wound-sounds like a law enforcement fail-just a leg wound.

I say make an example of a few of these fools-no death just lots and lots of pain.

I am also on board with the-well look at that-there has been more televised shootings in the last 2 weeks than the whole last year in total-timing seems mighty suspicious.

2020 sure wasn't a "stay at home" year for some killers.  But I too can honestly say that I don't recall most of these, probably only covered locally and a blurb by national MSM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2020

2020 date City State Dead Injured Total Description
September 7 Aguanga California 7 0 7 A shooting at a large marijuana grow house left seven people dead.[185]
June 4 Valhermoso Alabama 7 0 7 Shortly before midnight authorities responded to a home fire. Once the fire was extinguished seven adults were discovered dead by gunshot wounds.[457]
March 15 Moncure North Carolina 7[n 1] 0 7 Seven adult members of the same family were killed in an apparent murder suicide and were discovered after reports of shots fired.[557]
June 11 Monroe Louisiana 6[n 1] 0 6 A mother killed her neighbor, and four children aged 12, 8, and 5-years-old and a 5-month-old infant, before committing suicide in a murder-suicide.[437]
February 26 Milwaukee (1) Wisconsin 6[n 1] 0 6 Milwaukee brewery shooting: Five people were killed when a gunman opened fire at the local Molson Coors Beverage Company campus, where he had been employed. Afterwards, the gunman committed suicide.
December 25 Atkins Arkansas 5 0 5 Five females aged between eight and fifty; three were children, were found killed by a family member. Police believe it was domestic related.[20]
December 22 Meridian Mississippi 5[n 1] 0 5 Four individuals were discovered killed in three separate homes after wellness checks were called for them. The perpetrator died of a self inflicted gunshot wound.[22]
July 29 Elyria Ohio 5[n 1] 0 5 A man killed his wife and three children, aged 12, 10 and 6-years-old, and then himself in an apparent murder-suicide.[288]
April 27 Milwaukee (3) Wisconsin 5 0 5 Five people were killed in a home, aged between 14 and 41, with a child being uninjured in the violence. Police are treating the incident as a matter of family violence.[521]
March 15 Springfield (Mo) Missouri 5[n 1] 2 7 A shooter killed four people, including a police officer, and injured two others, including another police officer, before committing suicide at a gas station.[556]
January 24 Vanceboro North Carolina 5[n 1] 0 5 A man shot and killed his wife and three children, aged between eight months and four years old, along with the family dog. He then killed himself.[607]
December 20 Mayfield Kentucky 4 0 4 A wife, husband, and two children were fatally shot inside of their home.[23]
December 13 Elkview West Virginia 4 0 4 A family member discovered two parents and two children, aged 12 and 13-years-old, killed in their home. The killer was reportedly a third teenaged child of the family.[28]
November 30 Palmer Alaska 4 0 4 A man was killed, and shortly later a woman and two children; aged 10 and 7-years-old were killed at a home. An additional child was found uninjured in the home.[42]
November 3 Henderson (1) Nevada 4[n 1] 1 5 A man shot and killed three people at an apartment complex before being shot dead by police. A fifth person was taken to a hospital with gunshot wounds but the condition of the person was not yet known.[82]
August 15 Belleville Michigan 4 0 4 Two men and two women were killed in a home, with one of the women killed identified as the shooter's former fiancée. The shooter boasted about the killings on social media and text messages before being arrested.[252]
July 7 Paterson (2) New Jersey 4 3 7 In a late night shooting, four people were killed and three injured. Officers suspect the shooting was retaliation by people recently released from prison.[339]
July 4 Chicago (20) Illinois 4 4 8 Four people are killed, and at least four more were injured at an outdoor gathering in Englewood when four men opened fire into a crowd. No suspects have been arrested.[363]
May 17 St. Matthews South Carolina 4[n 1] 1 5 A mother and her 15 and 12-year-old daughters were shot and killed by her husband who wounded another daughter before killing himself in a murder-suicide. Another daughter was uninjured and ran for help.[502]
February 20 Orlando (1) Florida 4[n 1] 0 4 A man killed his wife and two children before killing himself.[579]
February 5 Indianapolis (1) Indiana 4 0 4 Four people were fatally shot on the Northeast section of the city. The victims are three males and one female and their ages are unknown yet. No suspects have been identified or arrested.[593]
February 1 Union Parish Louisiana 4[n 1] 0 4 A shooter shot and killed two members of a family and a friend of one of them inside a house. A third fled through a window uninjured and alerted the authorities. The shooter then committed suicide.[597]
January 17 Grantsville Utah 4 1 5 Haynie family shooting: Four people were killed and one was injured after a teenager allegedly fired at his family at their house. He was charged with four counts of aggravated murder, one count of attempted aggravated murder and five counts of illegal discharge of a firearm.[614]
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators

I suspect that a major reasons you didn’t hear anything about mass shootings last year are threefold. 

1) Trump. The election sucked up all of the air out of the room.

2) The pandemic sucked out what air was left after talking the election. 

3) With the political situation being what it was, it was known that nothing was going to get done. So the focus was on changing the political situation so that if the opportunity arose again, something could get done.

* not even trying to, or opening a window to discuss the merits of the political points, just stating them as what I believe are the contributing factors to why we didn’t hear about mass shootings in 2020.*

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I suspect that a major reasons you didn’t hear anything about mass shootings last year are threefold. 

1) Trump. The election sucked up all of the air out of the room.

2) The pandemic sucked out what air was left after talking the election. 

3) With the political situation being what it was, it was known that nothing was going to get done. So the focus was on changing the political situation so that if the opportunity arose again, something could get done.

* not even trying to, or opening a window to discuss the merits of the political points, just stating them as what I believe are the contributing factors to why we didn’t hear about mass shootings in 2020.*

80% of that list were domestic issues that wouldn't rise to the level of media attention like the shooting in Colorado. I still maintain my stance that 2020 was a relatively slow year for mass shooting events compared to the previous years which is a good thing. I wouldn't be surprised if more attacks like GA and CO happen since that's usually how it goes. 

41 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/03/23/mass-shooting-biden-calls-congress-pass-background-check-bills/6965613002/

What impeccable timing!😠

I swear we have a few members who couldn't see a hammer if someone was beating them over the head with it.

What exactly are you going on about? 

7 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

So I guess you aren't going to explain what it is that we are missing? I think I have an idea, but I want to see you put it in writing. Enlighten us please. 

It would be a futile effort at this point, Erik.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1