AR upper dilemma

EMTRN

I received my upper from M&A parts this week. It came with a Railed gas block, instead of the low profile gas block I ordered to fit under my free-float rail. M&A says if I send it back on my dime, they will change out the gas block and put my rail on at no extra cost.

Is it worth it to send the upper back and pay the shipping?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Linoge

Seconded. From what (little) I understand, that is not the easiest thing in the world to do, and the cost of shipping is probably lower than the cost of the frustration of doing it yourself.

But, then again, I tend to be a lazy bastard.

I guess it is a fair offer, I'm just irritated that the order was wrong in the first place. If they offered to pay return shipping I would be completely happy, but I guess the rail installation is a pretty good deal.

BOO! Send it back man, but tell them you'd appreciate them making it right seeing as how word of a bad company can spread really quick and in these trying times people can afford to spend their money with other companies, while companies can't afford to lose customers.

Guest truthsayer

If they're not willing to pay for the shipping, then they should send you the right part and the number of a local gunsmith who will fix it on the company's dime. In my world, those are the only two acceptable options.

BOO! Send it back man, but tell them you'd appreciate them making it right seeing as how word of a bad company can spread really quick and in these trying times people can afford to spend their money with other companies, while companies can't afford to lose customers.

I am going to send it back as soon as I decide what rail I want. I feel like they are a good company and they have called me twice to ask what I wanted to do. The main problem is that it was a telephone order, because the website is not current due to the incredible volume they are experiencing. The order was written down wrong by them, but I cannot prove this. In this situation I feel like their offer is fair. If it was a web order and they sent the wrong thing, I would expect them to pay the shipping.

Piss-poor customer experience. The customer may not be right all the time, but they are the customer. It shouldn't be up to you to prove anything. Unless they have a recording of you stating on the phone the wrong thing they should correct the mistake and pay the cost. They can write it off as a loss at the end of the year.

Well they are installing the rail. Any other time I would say hold out for free shipping too, but with uppers being as damn hard to get as they have been (my CMMG im already over a month) I would suck it up and consider the rail a fair exchange for the price of shipping.

That is kinda what I have come to accept!

1. They suck.

Just send it back and make them fix it.

Just dont ever order or recommend them again. I wouldn't have recommended them in the first place. See #1

Anyone looking for AR parts. Stay away from M&A and Model 1 sales.