Lucky Gunner Being Sued By Shooting Victim's Families

1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

I see having to provide ID to online ammo retailers being a thing in the near future. I’m kinda surprised it hasn’t already been implemented to be honest. 

Some did require it in the past.

• Like 2

Suing Lucky Gunner for selling ammo used in a crime is akin to suing Shell for selling the fuel used in a car that someone used to run over & kill people. The misuse of a product is not the sellers responsibility. But applying some system to verify age - as specified by the law - should be in place. Not that it would have prevented this tragedy, as evil will find a way to express itself (sadly).

I see this as the antigunners next "mode" of preventing people from exercising 2A rights - sue suppliers (since Federal law prevents them from suing gun makers out of business.) If no one will sell guns or ammo for fear of being sued, we all suffer the loss of ability to exercise our Constitutional rights.

In closing, I want to extend my sincere condolences to the families that have suffered the horrible loss of a loved one @ the hands of a mentally unstable person. This is the tragedy of our times. Mental health needs that overwhelm our current system. That's where legislative attention should be aimed. Frivolous lawsuits don't help solve anything. 

2 hours ago, Frog4aday said:

The misuse of a product is not the sellers responsibility.

As a former design engineer for various consumer products, I can assure you our legal system disagrees.  The concept of "reasonably foreseeable misuse" is a thing.  Personally, I think it's asinine.  Individual responsibility be damned and all that. But I've been involved in a case and known of several others. 

• Like 1
On 3/27/2021 at 4:01 PM, Chucktshoes said:

I see having to provide ID to online ammo retailers being a thing in the near future. I’m kinda surprised it hasn’t already been implemented to be honest. 

I seem to remember back maybe 30 years ago when certain types of Ammo purchases, handgun maybe, required some type of records. Recorded at the time of purchase. I could be wrong. I think 22’s were exempt. Anyone else remember that?

Edited by Randall53