Another red dot question

BJB

With all the talk of ease of use especially with failing eye sight I am looking to try a red dot on a XD mod 2. And honestly I can’t afford $300 to try it out. I have shot pistols with red dots and I think with practice I will like them. 
my question is: has anyone used of have any knowledge on this set up

64C50942-5BBC-4B5B-9525-4C72963D91F2.png

I have also wondered about the ADE red dots. I will say, if you pistol has been cut to use particular sight without  using a plate, I think you will like it better as the sight will sit lower on the slide. 

That being said, going the cheaper unit with a plate to see if you like it may be the way to go. Until you decide you really like it and spend an additional $300ish on a better sight. 

• Like 1

I know nothing of ADE but at 70 Bucks I would imagine it's not going to work long at all. The violent action a red dot has to hold up to on a handgun slide is intense. I would try and find someone to shoot with that owns a red dot on a pistol. I have a RMR on my 19X and love it, it does make shooting really easy. I would save my 70 bucks and just save for the RMR or Holosun. my 2 pennies. If you can get a slide milled for the red dot it's going to hold up longer than a plate and screws too, plus you get a lower mount to the slide. Jagerwerks did mine milling.

• Like 2

Trying to go the budget route on a slide mounted dot isn’t wise.  Anything that cheap is going to have problems sooner or later.   Something like a Vortex Venom is about as low as I’d go, and if you don’t like it, you will still be able to get your money back out of it.  

• Like 1

Recently purchased a Holosun 507cV2 to try out. Mainly due to Holosun's pretty good recent reviews and lower cost since it is my first try out of red dots on pistols. One reputable training company that I somewhat follow has been working with red dot pistols for sometime basically recommends RMR's and then Holosuns. However other red dots out there may work fine. Good Luck!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, tmauto769 said:

If you ever go to the Norris range, I have a SRO, an RMR, and a 507k you are welcome to try all of them out to see if its your thing or not. Just send me a message if you are interested

We use to live in Clinton and the Norris range was like home away from home. Would love to get back there. Very nice range 

• Like 1