worriedman brought up HB0025 in the Const. Carry discussion.  I have read the summary to that bill.  It is my understanding that this only covers "force", which is different than "deadly force" and therefore has little bearing on the situation if one uses a firearm in self-defense.  If that is the case, an Amendment would be in order to include "deadly force". 

Edited by chances R

Having taken several legal seminars as well as subscribing to Branca, there has always been a designation between force and deadly force.  Would not trust the language in this bill as it is written to include deadly force unless specified.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish this red state could manage to pass one comprehensive gun bill that would fix all issues at once.   The way our HCP is only a defense against charges of going armed is ridiculous.    Also it being a crime to carry past a gunbuster sign is also ridiculous.    Also why cant this bill prohibit completely lawsuits that were deemed legal by the legal system?  Why cant a red legislature with a red governor do this right?

• Like 2

I believe the term is "take what we can get"...

I agree, however this is a pretty big step forward.  It flew under the radar and as as such did not get a lot of scrutiny, or, it would have been killed.  Plus we had some friends who pushed back against the attempt to kill it.

There are good people in the House, the Senate is a whole 'nuther help line.  We did get  did get this one through though and I am grateful.  This bill mandates that the criminal charge has to be settled before a civil case can move forward, and if there was no crime, no civil suit can proceed.

As it stands now you have to prove your innocence to get a chance to recoup your legal expenses.  NO LE agency is going to help you do that, they have a hard enough time trying to prove guilt on criminals.

And by the way, no mention currently about lost wages, jobs or divorce, or the necessity to plea one caste (criminal or civil) to afford to fight the other or, the use of that plea to facilitate a decision on the remaining one.

This is a big deal for self defense...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1