I sure am glad that Trump isn't making mean Tweets as President anymore. Y'all?

• Administrator

Just a big thanks to the Liberal gun owners who voted against Trump and encouraged others to do the same.  I'm glad that you are more than just "single issue voter" troglodytes.  If we end up in the gulags together, maybe we can reminisce together about the good old days when we could... oh, I don't know... own guns.  Yeah!  Let's commit to talking about that.

Happy Rob Mills GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, David, I’ll probably get a ding for this, but I’d like to get it off my chest. I am a proud American. I’m not perfect, but have lived a life I am not ashamed of. Although I let my fathe

Just a big thanks to the Liberal gun owners who voted against Trump and encouraged others to do the same.  I'm glad that you are more than just "single issue voter" troglodytes.  If we end up in the g

I vote with my brain in gear.  I did the same thing this time.  I saw what was coming.  Everyone with any sense did. All I've heard from the Liberal gun owners leading up to this moment is how I'

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Just a big thanks to the Liberal gun owners who voted against Trump and encouraged others to do the same.  I'm glad that you are more than just "single issue voter" troglodytes.  If we end up in the gulags together, maybe we can reminisce together about the good old days when we could... oh, I don't know... own guns.  Yeah!  Let's commit to talking about that.

Happy Rob Mills GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

Because Trump was a friend to the second? Sure.   You just keep voting for the republicans.  That continue to do nothing but pay lip service to your interests.  I’m glad you are upset David, I just hate that we seem to only get upset when it’s a certain color stepping on us.  

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

Don't blame me. I voted for Kanye. 

Jokes aside, if anything destroys this country it's going to be the 2 party system fueled by social media. It's not solely going to be the Democrats. Every politician is getting rich and laughing at us while we fight amongst ourselves about which team is less evil. Trump was a terrible President and Biden will be as well. Accept it. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Moderators
8 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Because Trump was a friend to the second? Sure.   You just keep voting for the republicans.  That continue to do nothing but pay lip service to your interests.  I’m glad you are upset David, I just hate that we seem to only get upset when it’s a certain color stepping on us.  

This was much my point in the other thread. We’ve got to stop letting Republicans get away with acting against our interests. Would a second Trump term have been better for us, most likely. Does that change the fact that he screwed us over? Not in the least. 

Regardless of whether or not they have an R, D or any other letter next to their name. When a politician works against our interest we should be burning their ####ing houses to the ground.

• Like 5
  • Administrator
11 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

I vote with my brain in gear.  I did the same thing this time.  I saw what was coming.  Everyone with any sense did.

All I've heard from the Liberal gun owners leading up to this moment is how I've been full of #### for thinking that Biden would come for our guns because it's always been nothing but talk.  The problem is, there are a lot of other elements of the current era that have eroded the safeties, the checks and balances, that kept it from happening before.  Again, I've kept my brain in gear.  I've factored all of these things into my decisions whenever I've entered a voting booth.

So, are you here to tell me how this isn't what it looks like or how we've got the Supreme Court to keep us safe, or how this is why we've got two components of Congress to save us from a power-mad tyrant with the political, financial and corporate backing to actually pull it off?

Lay it on me, slick.  I've heard it all before... but none of us have seen #### like this before.  It's a new thing happening and there aren't many people stepping up to stop it.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Please share. If I weren’t a moron, who would I have voted for?

• Like 3

Being the now old man that I am, it seems to me that things have always been in some waY #u%ked up. It's like we're always waking up and it's the end of the world as we know it.

The politics come and go and we're always sure that "our" way of life is over. The lefties are really adept at coming together as a unified force, whereas those on the right are actually imho a much more diverse group. 

I'm probably more of a rational anarchist than anything else. I try to vote in a way that reflects those freedoms enunciated in our founding documents. This is a trying time.

That fine patriot Mr. Jefferson probably said it best...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Jokes aside, if anything destroys this country it's going to be the 2 party system fueled by social media. It's not solely going to be the Democrats.

You know, this sort of utopian ideology doesn't work.  It's like convincing yourself that if all cars were Teslas and had super-high tech cameras and computers that make it impossible for them to ram into another car or motorist, you could just take your hands off the steering wheel of your 1978 Buick and take a short nap.  And actually doing it.  And being surprised when it went badly.

I hate the two party system too, but guess what!  It's reality.

• Like 7
10 minutes ago, TGO David said:

You know, this sort of utopian ideology doesn't work.  It's like convincing yourself that if all cars were Teslas and had super-high tech cameras and computers that make it impossible for them to ram into another car or motorist, you could just take your hands off the steering wheel of your 1978 Buick and take a short nap.  And actually doing it.  And being surprised when it went badly.

What they're essentially saying is that instead of taking the more workable or malleable part of a faulty two-party system and trying to make it work for us, we ditch it all and relegate ourselves to political voyeurs who sit on the sidelines and talk about what great things we would do if only we were lucky enough to be allowed to play the game. Maybe they don't realize that's what they're saying, but that is exactly what the outcome has been in the past and will be for years to come.

I understand they don't like the two-party system—most sensible people don't. I just can't comprehend their rationale. You're right. It's what we have and it's the only way in the foreseeable future to keep society afloat until something better comes along.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Don't blame me. I voted for Kanye. 

Jokes aside, if anything destroys this country it's going to be the 2 party system fueled by social media. It's not solely going to be the Democrats. Every politician is getting rich and laughing at us while we fight amongst ourselves about which team is less evil. Trump was a terrible President and Biden will be as well. Accept it. 

The two-party system was the social technology of the time, however, the Constitution does not discuss political parties or a two-party system.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I vote libertarian as often as possible. Not because I necessarily agree with all things libertarian, but because I just refuse to succumb to the tyranny the two parties try to force on me.

• Love 1

David you opened abig can of worms. I have a new puppy so haven't had time to post my usual whine and geez so here:

I voted Trump twice on two issues. Guns and abortion. Did I like him? No. Did I think he was the greatest president ever? No. Did I think he would have been better if someone took his twitter account? ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY!

Now did I believe biden would try to take arms away at the first opportunity? Yes,,,yes I did. I knew he was a liar, everyone knew it like they knew Clinton was when they re-elected him. I also knew he would try to wreck the economy and make Americans dependent on the government. Look at his cabinet picks, and the appointments too. Does anyone believe that the best choice in all of his picks was a female? Do we want anyone elevated because of race or sex? Is that not discrimination at it's base?

I think the question is, how do we last the next 4 years without a civil conflict declining into war? I can't answer that one because I don't think we can. and if I am correct we as patriots must be a cohesive unit without the infighting.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, TGO David said:

All I've heard from the Liberal gun owners leading up to this moment is how I've been full of #### for thinking that Biden would come for our guns because it's always been nothing but talk

Then those people were wrong. My comments before remain the same today. I don't believe they will be able to pass much in the Senate(I admitted I could be wrong). I also specifically wrote, more than once, that the biggest threat would be from executive order. And yes, I do believe that worst case, SCOTUS will overturn something like a AWB. 

25 minutes ago, TGO David said:

You know, this sort of utopian ideology doesn't work

I don't see any utopian views in my last post. I actually believe that social media and our political system is creating permanent damage. I just don't believe one party is going to save us.

28 minutes ago, TGO David said:

but none of us have seen #### like this before.  It's a new thing happening and there aren't many people stepping up to stop it.

Are you referring to the executive orders or something more? Pretty sure Obama passed several E.O's on gun control.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, Lincoln Osiris said:

What they're essentially saying is that instead of taking the more workable or malleable part of a faulty two-party system and trying to make it work for us, we ditch it all and relegate ourselves to political voyeurs who sit on the sidelines and talk about what great things we would do if only we were lucky enough to be allowed to play the game. Maybe they don't realize that's what they're saying, but that is exactly what the outcome has been in the past and will be for years to come.

I understand they don't like the two-party system—most sensible people don't. I just can't comprehend their rationale. You're right. It's what we have and it's the only way in the foreseeable future to keep society afloat until something better comes along.

Spot on.   We basically have two parties, and a distraction.  If you want to be effective with your vote, you vote for whichever of the two parties sucks less.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

These "Biden Executive Actions". . note not orders . .are nothing more than  just lip service to pander to his constituents. The ATF is already knee deep into braces and non serialized incomplete lowers, but cant do anything without legislative change, the rest of his mumbo jumbo does not have any teeth to it at all. 

Don't get me wrong we need to be diligent but we cant let them further divide us. There are millions of us that own braces, We wouldn't even have to show up to fight, just not comply and all turn ourselves in at the same time and demand our 10 year sentences. Sure nobody wants to hear what we have to say but if we say it together they do hear us.

• Love 1

Getting pretty political up in here so I will only say this, if his weak ass anti-2A EOs remain the same I feel we don't have much to worry about on the EO front.  

7 minutes ago, Erik88 said:
36 minutes ago, TGO David said:

but none of us have seen #### like this before.  It's a new thing happening and there aren't many people stepping up to stop it.

Are you referring to the executive orders or something more? Pretty sure Obama passed several E.O's on gun control.

we have not seen the office of the president backing a seek and destroy cancel culture. if you disagree with the leftists now you become a racist, sexist, amoral, nazi type bigot

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Maybe we save the hyperbole for if/what the Biden administration does something of consequence? 

Too much to ask...probably.

I still need to get caught up on the finer points, but the only thing I read from the top sheet that caught my interest is how they want to reclassify guns with braces as SBRs...which is exactly what the whole brace concept was meant to work around, so it was some very low hanging fruit with everyone hamming it up on the socials.  I don't agree with it, but poking the bear with a too cute by half trick has consequences.

Again, maybe we see what actually happens since I think we're still in the huff and puff stage, and I'm not betting they'll blow the house down.  We all know how our individual Congressional reps are voting, so I'm not seeing what else is to be done.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 4
10 minutes ago, papa61 said:

if you disagree with the leftists now you become a racist, sexist, amoral, nazi type bigot

You forgot white supremacist...

• Haha 4

To be perfectly honest I don't think Biden gives two ####s about really stirring up gun control. Sure he talked about it while trying to get elected but after the election he hasn't said #### until his own base started up asking where he was at. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not  singing Bidens praises by no means. But in todays gun market if he really wanted to make it hard on gun owners just ban the importation of guns and ammo. That can be done with executive order and has been done before. 

Just my two cents.

• Administrator

This is worth a watch if you're really still not sure why things are different now than they were 4, 8, 12, 24 years ago...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, papa61 said:

we have not seen the office of the president backing a seek and destroy cancel culture. if you disagree with the leftists now you become a racist, sexist, amoral, nazi type bigot

Actually, it's been like this for many years. Leftists have been using the -ist and -phobia accusations to attack anyone daring to resist them or even question them. Leftists calling someone racist or making Nazi comparisons is about as predictable as a sunrise.

What's changed is that now corporate America is involving itself more and pushing to be the gatekeepers of society. If you, me, or anyone else wants to change the direction society is headed, one of the first things that will have to happen is to figure out how to punish the corporations for getting involved.

Edited by Lincoln Osiris
  • Like 1
  • Love 1