I sure am glad that Trump isn't making mean Tweets as President anymore. Y'all?

4 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Maybe we save the hyperbole for if/what the Biden administration does something of consequence? 

Too much to ask...probably.

I still need to get caught up on the finer points, but the only thing I read from the top sheet that caught my interest is how they want to reclassify guns with braces as SBRs...which is exactly what the whole brace concept was meant to work around, so it was some very low hanging fruit with everyone hamming it up on the socials.  I don't agree with it, but poking the bear with a too cute by half trick has consequences.

Again, maybe we see what actually happens since I think we're still in the huff and puff stage, and I'm not betting they'll blow the house down.

maybe. but I don't believe we should stay on defense. The GCA of 1968 is unconstitutional. That means SBR is not a thing just like ghost guns. these things are smoke and mirrors to make gun owners look bad. just look back at hot rodding in it's beginning and how it was demonized and you will understand. just because your choice of firearm doesn't fit someone's idea of what is reasonable is not justifiable for banning it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, David, I’ll probably get a ding for this, but I’d like to get it off my chest. I am a proud American. I’m not perfect, but have lived a life I am not ashamed of. Although I let my fathe

Just a big thanks to the Liberal gun owners who voted against Trump and encouraged others to do the same.  I'm glad that you are more than just "single issue voter" troglodytes.  If we end up in the g

I vote with my brain in gear.  I did the same thing this time.  I saw what was coming.  Everyone with any sense did. All I've heard from the Liberal gun owners leading up to this moment is how I'

Posted Images

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lincoln Osiris said:

What's changed is that now corporate America is involving itself more and pushing to be the gatekeepers of society. If you, me, or anyone else wants to change the direction society is headed, one of the first things that will have to happen is to figure out how to punish the corporations for getting involved.

That's called a "Soft Tyranny" and there is little you can do to stop it.  Consider that Google, Microsoft, Amazon and quite a few other multi-national companies have more money in their bank accounts than most countries' governments do. 

Consider that those companies are succumbing to the pressures of "Wokeism" or are helmed by people who are true believers of it. 

Consider too that, unlike a government where the people have a say in who is elected to represent them and pass laws on their behalf, these corporations have no such mechanisms of accountability to the people other than perhaps a comparatively tiny group of shareholders.   Shareholders whom they are making rich.  Shareholders who aren't exactly incentivized to bite the hand that's feeding them.

The more power grabbed away from governments by corporations, the less We The People have any say in anything.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I usually stay out of all the political stuff here, but I have some opinions. 

1. The stytem is broken. The so called checks and balances have just become quicksand to keep anything constructive from getting done. Bills about X are passed containing so much fat , you need a bypass after reading them. Politicians do just enough to get reelected so they can get all the side benefits. Even if we don't elect them again, they go into lucrative lobbing or public speaking gigs. They make the money and don't give a crap about anyone else.  The average person has very little control of how things go. 

2. A lot of people have a 15 second attention span nowadays. Just long enough to retweet whatever drivel whomever they follow posts.  The fact that some 16 year old can get more airtime because they have lots of followers is ridiculous. People have to put no thought or fact checking effort into these stories they boost on social media. When did it become a good idea for people in power to take cues from social media responses. Ever heard of bots... Little Jimmy Joe Smith from Arkansas who is scared because he saw a shooting might actually be a bot account ran by some 35 year old living in his parent's basement in Minnesota that is bored and wants attention. Alternately, it might be an account used to push a political agenda by one group or another.  

I have very little faith in the system protecting my rights or interests. I am just a peon for the system to grind ip and spit out. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I liked Trump! He did what he said he was going to do. I voted for him twice, and I thought he was a great president. No, I didnt agree with everything he said or did, but I believe he really wanted to keep American values in place. I miss him in office terribly! We are in for the fundamental transformation of America that obama promised I fear. 

In keeping with the thread title... I miss some of his his Tweeting! I especially enjoyed it when he called out liberals for theIr hypocrisy! Many times he said what I still feel like saying. I sure wish we could bring him back! 

I believe there are dark days ahead for our country. The 2A is just a fraction of the liberties they want to step on. I couldn’t sleep at night if I had voted for anyone other than Trump because, like him or not, trump winning was the only way to prevent this.

Buckle up.... turbulence ahead

Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 6
  • Administrator
22 minutes ago, broox said:

I thought we got rid of the political section.

General politics, yes.  2A Politics, no.  The 2A and Politics are inseparable, but we focus on those issues only.

THIS is a 2A issue.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, JN01 said:

Maybe things will change.  The Democrats seem to be working toward a one party system.

You ain't lying.

33 minutes ago, TGO David said:

General politics, yes.  2A Politics, no.  The 2A and Politics are inseparable, but we focus on those issues only.

THIS is a 2A issue.

Interesting.  I'm guessing some politics are more political than others then ...

• Like 4

A few of my own thoughts and observations. The assault on the 2nd Amendment is only the beginning. 

1. We have the best system of government there is, a Representative Republic. Unfortunately that system has been twisted, corrupted and perverted by those in power until its now hopelessly broken. Tyranny already exists in this country because we the people didn't do our part. We were supposed to keep an eye on our elected representatives and  make sure they did the job we gave them. If not, we were supposed to vote them out and elect others who would. Nope, we dropped the ball. We didn't pay attention and these people used and twisted the system to benefit themselves. That's why we have people in the Federal Government that have absolute power and have been there for 30-40 years. We did this to ourselves. 

2. Politicians don't give a damn about the people they're supposed to represent or this country. Politicians of any party only care about three things. Money, power and getting re-elected. Everything they say, everything they do and every vote they make is aimed at one of these three goals. If, by some chance, something good does come out of it, its purely a coincidence. 

3.  Conservatives, for the most part, simply want to live their lives in peace as they see fit and be left alone. Liberals, on the other hand, are so convinced that their way is the only right way that they feel a duty or obligation to convert every person who feels differently to the liberal cause. Even if they have to do so by force and against their will.  The liberal controlled education system is a perfect example of this. Pretty much everybody under 40 has been brainwashed to the liberal cause as its been beaten into them since childhood. 

4. No nation in the history of this entire planet has ever spent their way to prosperity. That's exactly what the Democrats are trying to do and in the process make our citizens dependent on Government. When the population becomes dependent on government, tyranny is the result. 

5. Basically, we're screwed. Nothing short of armed insurrection is going to change anything. And considering the lengths government has gone to to find and punish the so-called Capitol Rioters, I have doubts if even that will work. 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

You know, David, I’ll probably get a ding for this, but I’d like to get it off my chest.

I am a proud American. I’m not perfect, but have lived a life I am not ashamed of. Although I let my father talk me out of a stint in military service, I feel I have been a productive citizen. I started working farm labor at 10 years old, and have done something productive and lucrative ever since. 

I am white, a Christian, and member of a Baptist church. I have been married once; 26 years to the same great woman. We have raised two well adjusted and productive children. We have lived the American dream.

Now, as I reach middle age, I find the country I love and financially support, condemn and demonize me for doing what I always thought was right.

I am now condemned by my fellow citizens for being white, a man, a heterosexual, a Christian, and for being a gun owner. I’ve never intentionally hurt anyone. I have tried in my feeble to make the world a better place.

I am sick of this. I have decided that if this country decides to make me a de facto criminal, I guess I will assume the part. What else is a man to do?

How?  What damages have you received being a white christian man in america?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Raoul said:

Being the now old man that I am, it seems to me that things have always been in some waY #u%ked up. It's like we're always waking up and it's the end of the world as we know it.

The politics come and go and we're always sure that "our" way of life is over. The lefties are really adept at coming together as a unified force, whereas those on the right are actually imho a much more diverse group. 

I'm probably more of a rational anarchist than anything else. I try to vote in a way that reflects those freedoms enunciated in our founding documents. This is a trying time.

That fine patriot Mr. Jefferson probably said it best...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

He also said that we shouldnt be bound by old dead guys and that every 21 years give or take we should rewrite the constitution.

2 hours ago, btq96r said:

Maybe we save the hyperbole for if/what the Biden administration does something of consequence? 

Too much to ask...probably.

I still need to get caught up on the finer points, but the only thing I read from the top sheet that caught my interest is how they want to reclassify guns with braces as SBRs...which is exactly what the whole brace concept was meant to work around, so it was some very low hanging fruit with everyone hamming it up on the socials.  I don't agree with it, but poking the bear with a too cute by half trick has consequences.

Again, maybe we see what actually happens since I think we're still in the huff and puff stage, and I'm not betting they'll blow the house down.  We all know how our individual Congressional reps are voting, so I'm not seeing what else is to be done.

TBH, I dont see how they ever allowed them to begin with.

2 hours ago, Lincoln Osiris said:

Actually, it's been like this for many years. Leftists have been using the -ist and -phobia accusations to attack anyone daring to resist them or even question them. Leftists calling someone racist or making Nazi comparisons is about as predictable as a sunrise.

What's changed is that now corporate America is involving itself more and pushing to be the gatekeepers of society. If you, me, or anyone else wants to change the direction society is headed, one of the first things that will have to happen is to figure out how to punish the corporations for getting involved.

Work to overturn the citizens united SCOTUS case.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

A few of my own thoughts and observations. The assault on the 2nd Amendment is only the beginning. 

1. We have the best system of government there is, a Representative Republic. Unfortunately that system has been twisted, corrupted and perverted by those in power until its now hopelessly broken. Tyranny already exists in this country because we the people didn't do our part. We were supposed to keep an eye on our elected representatives and  make sure they did the job we gave them. If not, we were supposed to vote them out and elect others who would. Nope, we dropped the ball. We didn't pay attention and these people used and twisted the system to benefit themselves. That's why we have people in the Federal Government that have absolute power and have been there for 30-40 years. We did this to ourselves. 

2. Politicians don't give a damn about the people they're supposed to represent or this country. Politicians of any party only care about three things. Money, power and getting re-elected. Everything they say, everything they do and every vote they make is aimed at one of these three goals. If, by some chance, something good does come out of it, its purely a coincidence. 

3.  Conservatives, for the most part, simply want to live their lives in peace as they see fit and be left alone. Liberals, on the other hand, are so convinced that their way is the only right way that they feel a duty or obligation to convert every person who feels differently to the liberal cause. Even if they have to do so by force and against their will.  The liberal controlled education system is a perfect example of this. Pretty much everybody under 40 has been brainwashed to the liberal cause as its been beaten into them since childhood. 

4. No nation in the history of this entire planet has ever spent their way to prosperity. That's exactly what the Democrats are trying to do and in the process make our citizens dependent on Government. When the population becomes dependent on government, tyranny is the result. 

5. Basically, we're screwed. Nothing short of armed insurrection is going to change anything. And considering the lengths government has gone to to find and punish the so-called Capitol Rioters, I have doubts if even that will work. 

Im not going to get into all of these but 3 are clearly ridiculous.

2.  Bernie Sanders cares about people.  AOC cares about people.  Katie Porter cares about people.  Etc, etc,
3. No they dont.  They want to enforce christian rules and practices on everyone else.  Remind anyone of another major religion? 
5. The members of this board are certainly posting a lot about armed conflict with the government of the United States.  TBH I am surprised it's allowed.  Advocating for violence against our government isnt exactly *legal.

Edited by Daniel
*it may in fact be legal. Im not sure and it's late.
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Moderators

I was wondering how long it’d take you to show up for this thread. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Im not going to get into all of these but 3 are clearly ridiculous.

2.  Bernie Sanders cares about people.  AOC cares about people.  Katie Porter cares about people.  Etc, etc,

Bull####. They are no different than any of the other parasitic scum in the capitol. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Daniel, you sure aren't shy about expressing your opinions. While I don't agree with you, I do recognize your right to do so. But why do you have to attack every other person who tries to express their opinions? I posted the way I see the situation. I really don't care what you think. 

I'm not advocating an armed insurrection. I'm pointing out that it may be too late for even that to work. But I may remind you that one of the reasons behind the 2nd Amendment was to give the people a last resort against tyranny. Its been an option from the very beginning. 

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Getting back to the original topic, Gun control is "feel good" legislation. It doesn't work and never has. Politicians know this. Yet they push gun control because it makes them look like they're trying to do something about crime even though its only real result is to further restrict the rights of the honest people. In politics, appearances are far more important than facts. Besides, disarming the public further secures their power, which is the real goal. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Daniel, you sure aren't shy about expressing your opinions. While I don't agree with you, I do recognize your right to do so. But why do you have to attack every other person who tries to express their opinions? I posted the way I see the situation. I really don't care what you think. 

I'm not advocating an armed insurrection. I'm pointing out that it may be too late for even that to work. But I may remind you that the reason behind the 2nd Amendment was to give the people a last resort against tyranny. Its been an option from the very beginning. 

Why should I be shy?  When did I attack anyone?

Daniel, I could go into a long explanation, but frankly, you just aren't worth the effort. I'm done with you. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Raoul said:

I vote libertarian as often as possible. Not because I necessarily agree with all things libertarian, but because I just refuse to succumb to the tyranny the two parties try to force on me.

But that brings us back to the "but your vote was lost and didn't do anything to hurt/help our cause" situation.

Voting, or not voting for or against a person or an ideal is a s bad as not voting at all. We have to see the net result...not the feel good vote.

• Like 4

If someone could figure out how to accelerate the life cycle of the gun grabbing goober smootcher's  we could turn this around in a few short years. The Chinese attempt was meant for the older middle age groups and has already put quite a few of us in survival mode. World War and famine may be on the horizon.   

How many of yall are still using instagram, youtube, twitter, google, and facebook or any other of the commie platforms? They are all anti 2nd! If you are you are part of the problem, propping up the commies to have the great country fall.

Trump was a great POTUS, I to voted from him twice and will again if giving the chance!!!

Edited by RED333
Beacuse I can
9 hours ago, Swamp ash said:

The two-party system was the social technology of the time, however, the Constitution does not discuss political parties

The founders, however, discussed party politics at length (read "The Federalist Papers") and were frightened of the negative effects.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Daniel said:

5. The members of this board are certainly posting a lot about armed conflict with the government of the United States.  TBH I am surprised it's allowed.  Advocating for violence against our government isnt exactly *legal.

That's a pretty interesting thing, that the government quickly evolved itself in the course of history, to make sedition illegal when the country itself was born from sedition.  Don't you think?  I've always thought it was pretty hypocritical that our nation's very cornerstone document begins as such...

"The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

Literally, we are able to have this conversation today because some two-hundred and fifty years ago, men and women who had basically had just a damn 'nuff of the government they previously lived under, and took it upon themselves to wage violence against it after that government repeatedly failed to hear their complaints and make good on them.  But not even 100 years later when men and women tried it again (the American Civil War) the government had since quickly decided, "Well we won't ever allow that #### to happen again." and crushed the separatists rather than allowing them to establish a new country and a new government.

Almost seems like you could compare it to bad relationships:  A guy "rescues" a gal from an abusive, possessive relationship and then quickly becomes abusive and possessive himself, but being savvy to how it all works, makes damn sure she can't escape him the way she escaped the last guy.

Now, do I think anyone on TGO is actually planning sedition?  Nah.  I think we've all been sufficiently beaten into place and reminded that Uncle Sam won't tolerate uppitiness from the peasants.  The "insurrection" at the US Capitol this past January is proof of that.  Anyone watching from the sidelines that had a moment's thought that it is possible to leave a Dear John letter and break up with the US Government got a reminder that such thoughts won't be allowed.

Anyway, I just find it ironic and thought I'd point it out.  I'm not advocating violence either, but clearly we're mostly wrong when we say that the Second Amendment isn't about hunting deer.  It kind of is, now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It’s funny how the liberals are so narrow minded. I’ve tried, even on this platform, to open their minds to a bigger picture and they snap back with pre-fed bulls**t. Im done trying to inform them at this moment. 

• Like 3