I sure am glad that Trump isn't making mean Tweets as President anymore. Y'all?

38 minutes ago, Links2k said:

I don’t believe that anyone will be confiscating our guns. You guys do this same sky is falling routine every time a democrat takes office. Whatever happens as far as Biden’s EO’s we will adjust. I’m not happy about background checks for private sales or the brace issue, but I will follow the law if I have to do background checks on private sales, and I’ll SBR all of my AR style pistols. The show will go on.

Constantly lowering the bar to "we will adjust" sounds an awful lot like conformity and passively accepting the notion that the federal government deserves more rights and more control over your own life than you do. The only question is how far are you willing to adjust and conform until you have no more room to adjust?

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth."

— some liberal guy named John F. Kennedy

I don’t believe that anyone will be confiscating our guns. You guys do this same sky is falling routine every time a democrat takes office.

I want to zero in on this claim about this being a "sky is falling routine." How exactly is it a routine when Biden and Harris and most other Democrats on the presidential campaign trail talked specifically about banning "assault weapons" and mandatory buybacks? Maybe you don't believe them, but they are definitely talking about things like wholesale bans and buybacks and confiscation. Democrats talk about doing these things when they get power, not Republicans.

Edited by Lincoln Osiris
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, David, I’ll probably get a ding for this, but I’d like to get it off my chest. I am a proud American. I’m not perfect, but have lived a life I am not ashamed of. Although I let my fathe

Just a big thanks to the Liberal gun owners who voted against Trump and encouraged others to do the same.  I'm glad that you are more than just "single issue voter" troglodytes.  If we end up in the g

I vote with my brain in gear.  I did the same thing this time.  I saw what was coming.  Everyone with any sense did. All I've heard from the Liberal gun owners leading up to this moment is how I'

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Links2k said:

What makes you a patriot? This thread is doing the very thing that you all accuse liberals/ leftists/commies of doing. If others don’t conform to your way of thinking they are flawed. Really?

The whining from white, Christian males with guns. is laughable. Obama said something stupid years ago, Fox repeated Obama’s comment a million times and you guys ate it up. I’ve yet to see a response to @Danielpost to what’s exactly is being done to you. 

As for the original post, I don’t feel bad about voting Trump out of office.  I wasn’t a single issue voter, and I make no apologies for that.  Trumps covid response and stimulus that didn’t trickle down to the lowest essential workers didn’t help him either.

I don’t believe that anyone will be confiscating our guns. You guys do this same sky is falling routine every time a democrat takes office. Whatever happens as far as Biden’s EO’s we will adjust. I’m not happy about background checks for private sales or the brace issue, but I will follow the law if I have to do background checks on private sales, and I’ll SBR all of my AR style pistols. The show will go on.

I can assure you that 2A issues were at or near the bottom of the  list for people voting for Biden and against Trump. 

The alignment with the constitution and willingness to protect it from tyranny makes a patriot. The time for being a flip-flop is ending soon

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TGO David said:

Actually, I am remiss in my statements.  It didn't even take 100-years for the US Government to decide that it wouldn't tolerate any talk of rebellion from the people whom had recently rebelled to establish it in the first place. 🙂

The Whiskey Rebellion occurred in 1791, not even 20-years after the Declaration of Independence was signed.  President George Washington sent troops to Pennsylvania to crush that one.

@Daniel maybe you could help settle the question so many people have asked in America over the course of the past several decades:  Would American solders side with the government or with their brothers and sisters, moms and dads, if push ever came to shove and The People tried to throw off the chains of tyranny again?  It's not lost on me that part of the oath of enlistment requires a soldier to swear that they will fight against domestic enemies. 

I think folks just somehow assume that an oath like that wouldn't be followed.  Seems kind of idealistic to me.

We have plenty of service members who would do what they felt was right... just as they did in the 1860s I’m sure. 

• Like 1

I know several people that are serving in active duty in all branches and the question of could you or would you fire on Americans on American soil and and you can't get a direct answer from any of them. I have heard a few say that they might if they were fired on and provoked and left with no choice. That tells me most would not if just ordered to but would have to be provoked. Some one mentioned the National Guard at Kent University that shot students protesting the Vietnam war. The National Guard was told that their guns were loaded with Rubber bullets and not live ammunition. They believed what they were told and when they inspected the magazines they found that some had rubber bullets mixed in with live ammo was the report I read back then.

30 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

The National Guard was told that their guns were loaded with Rubber bullets and not live ammunition

I was in the Corps, not the NG, but I am certain that I never had anyone else load a magazine for me. I, and everyone else so far as I know, took our ammo from a box and loaded the mags. Certainly under combat conditions magazines are shared, but in that circumstance?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Links2k said:

The whining from white, Christian males with guns. is laughable. Obama said something stupid years ago, Fox repeated Obama’s comment a million times and you guys ate it up. I’ve yet to see a response to @Danielpost to what’s exactly is being done to you. 

As for the original post, I don’t feel bad about voting Trump out of office.  I wasn’t a single issue voter, and I make no apologies for that. 

You have made your disdain for white Christian males with guns abundantly clear numerous times in the past.  Greg probably can’t adequately respond to Daniel’s question without venturing heavily into non-2A related political discussion territory.  Perhaps Greg should not have made his comment given the new forum rules, but his response would probably make it clear to anyone willing to listen that the vast majority of Republican-voting gunowners were also not single issue voters.  

• Like 2

There was a time when people who carried loaded M-16s every day, were issued the weapon and loaded mags at the beginning of each shift and turned them in at the end of the shift to the Armory.   

2 hours ago, Lincoln Osiris said:

Again, this happens every time a democrat takes office.  As I stated, I don’t care for background checks on private sales or potentially having to pay over $1000 for tax stamps for my pistols. That being said, we don’t hesitate to submit to background checks at gun stores or paying money for tax stamps for NFA items that shouldn’t be regulated.  Both parties are aware of the strong feelings of 2A supporters and they know it’s a no win for them. Joe is just blowing smoke until another crisis comes along. 

2 hours ago, partypilot1 said:

The alignment with the constitution and willingness to protect it from tyranny makes a patriot. The time for being a flip-flop is ending soon

So you are advocating violence against the government?

2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I know several people that are serving in active duty in all branches and the question of could you or would you fire on Americans on American soil and and you can't get a direct answer from any of them. I have heard a few say that they might if they were fired on and provoked and left with no choice. That tells me most would not if just ordered to but would have to be provoked. Some one mentioned the National Guard at Kent University that shot students protesting the Vietnam war. The National Guard was told that their guns were loaded with Rubber bullets and not live ammunition. They believed what they were told and when they inspected the magazines they found that some had rubber bullets mixed in with live ammo was the report I read back then.

In this hypothetical war against the government that many of you are fantasizing about, what would be the last straw that would force you all into an action similar to what occurred on January 6th?

Edited by Links2k
59 minutes ago, Darrell said:

I was in the Corps, not the NG, but I am certain that I never had anyone else load a magazine for me. I, and everyone else so far as I know, took our ammo from a box and loaded the mags. Certainly under combat conditions magazines are shared, but in that circumstance?

I would wager that back in those days spooling up for combat and spooling up for protests were completely different animals. Especially for the NG.

Edited by E4 No More
5 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

You'd probably say the same thing in 1776.

If that assumption makes you feel good, have at it.  What are you prepared to do besides gripe on the internet? More of us here already contribute money for people to lobby on our behalf. Some go further and send emails or talk to our representatives in person. So what else are you going to do?

2 hours ago, Links2k said:

As for the original post, I don’t feel bad about voting Trump out of office.  I wasn’t a single issue voter, and I make no apologies for that.  Trumps covid response and stimulus that didn’t trickle down to the lowest essential workers didn’t help him either.

That's laughable. First, it implies that votes should be bought. Second, you have no idea what challenges there are to such a response; both politically and logistically. Then there's the bureaucracy.  You buy the 💩 that the media feeds you because you are predisposed to believe it because of your feelings about Trump. At least when Clinton and Obama did something good I was happy about it.

Just now, Links2k said:

If that assumption makes you feel good, have at it.  What are you prepared to do besides gripe on the internet? More of us here already contribute money for people to lobby on our behalf. Some go further and send emails or talk to our representatives in person. So what else are you going to do?

I've made my feelings known to the people who represent me - repeatedly - and have contributed to causes that I thought were wise investments, thank you very much!

1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

You have made your disdain for white Christian males with guns abundantly clear numerous times in the past.  

Do you have proof of this accusation?

How are white, Christian males being victimized in a country dominated by white Christian males? 

53 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

That's laughable. First, it implies that votes should be bought. Second, you have no idea what challenges there are to such a response; both politically and logistically. Then there's the bureaucracy.  You buy the 💩 that the media feeds you because you are predisposed to believe it because of your feelings about Trump. At least when Clinton and Obama did something good I was happy about it.

Were you involved in the logistics? Please share with us how difficult the COVID response was, and what was your role?

Secondly, votes were purchased by the corporations that got the majority of the stimulus money. 

I’m done. Gun control is bad, but I FEARED Trump more. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it. Y’all have a good time arguing. See ya!

Edited by Links2k
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Not trying to douse the fire here, but seriously, there is the matter of US gun violence, which would be a great thing to diminish.

Rather than argue against one another, how can we in the gun community contribute ideas and solutions towards that issue? 

I think if folks produced workable ideas then 2nd amendment challenges would be relaxed considerably.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Links2k said:

How are white, Christian males being victimized in a country dominated by white Christian males? 

Were you involved in the logistics? Please share with us how difficult the COVID response was, and what was your role?

Secondly, votes were purchased by the corporations that got the majority of the stimulus money. 

Cite your source. Prove your point. I'm not the one making spurious claims. Until then you are a typical lib that makes things up to fit their world view.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

Not trying to douse the fire here, but seriously, there is the matter of US gun violence, which would be a great thing to diminish.

Rather than argue against one another, how can we in the gun community contribute ideas and solutions towards that issue? 

I think if folks produced workable ideas then 2nd amendment challenges would be relaxed considerably.

Enforcement of laws, more strict laws regarding gun theft and courts need to stop letting people walk. Oh, and if you think things are bad now, wait until we are inundated with people without  food and shelter come up from the southern boarder

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

I'm not positive of this, but I believe that we can blame the Supreme Court for a lot of these problems. I seem to recall that they are the ones who made it incredibly hard for family and law enforcement to commit someone in need to a mental health facility without their consent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Links2k said:

If the political section were restored, we could find proof AND I could answer your question.  Not that I really miss the political section...

41 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

I’m not picking on you specifically, but using the term “gun violence” is using the language of the opposition. 

There is no such thing as “gun violence.” Some violence is committed with guns, some with other weapons, and some with the human body. The term was invented by people who want to suppress our rights, and I think we should refuse to accept it or use it. 

• Like 5
  • Administrator

Sorry Mistake GIF

Folks, I probably set a really bad precedent for this particular request by initiating the thread in the manner that I did, but it is entirely possible for us to attack the issues and the ideologies without attacking each other.  Let's try to do that.

Obnoxiously large font and colors used to grab your attention since this is an otherwise short statement in a giant body of posts and replies.  I don't want it to be overlooked.  🙂

Mea culpa.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Swamp ash said:

Sir, we could get serious about punishing criminals. Our current legal system is a joke mainly used for money extortion.

We could also get serious about treating mental illness.

Gun violence is a made up political term. Guns are not violent. We do not have a gun control problem. What we have is a people control problem. 

For those among us who weren’t fortunate enough to have parents who taught us right from wrong and provided discipline, fear seems to me the only thing left to deter crime.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Links2k said:

Again, this happens every time a democrat takes office.  As I stated, I don’t care for background checks on private sales or potentially having to pay over $1000 for tax stamps for my pistols. That being said, we don’t hesitate to submit to background checks at gun stores or paying money for tax stamps for NFA items that shouldn’t be regulated.  Both parties are aware of the strong feelings of 2A supporters and they know it’s a no win for them. Joe is just blowing smoke until another crisis comes along. 

It happens every time a Democrat takes office because Democrats make it an issue. Gun Control is a big part of their platform. Biden's Cabinet is full of people who have very specific views about limiting this and banning that when it comes to firearms. How many Republicans go on the campaign trail and talk about what guns and gun accessories they're going to ban? There aren't that many, are there? When talking about Democrats, it would probably be easier to list the ones who don't talk about bans and buybacks and confiscations and limits. So it kind of makes sense that this would happen every time a Democrat takes office as opposed to a Republican.

We don't hesitate to submit to those things because we were born into it. They were a fixture before many of us were born or able to do most things without parental consent. The People gave an inch and the government didn't hesitate to take a mile. I'd like to think that if last century's gun rights advocates weren't so eager to conform and give up rights for some ridiculous notion of public safety, then maybe we wouldn't have to be spending precious time now talking about being taxed for things that really shouldn't be regulated by the federal government.

So in a sense, we've already conformed and given up rights by adhering to laws and taxes where most of us can agree there shouldn't be laws and taxes. The problem is that the conformity wasn't enough. It's never enough. The more power you give the government over your life, the more the government wants to control your life. That is a maxim of government, and it flows through every party of every persuasion in every system known to mankind. It just flows through Democrats a little more readily and quickly.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

If the political section were restored, we could find proof AND I could answer your question.  Not that I really miss the political section...

Sadly, the entire world is now akin to a big political section. You can't watch movies without being inundated with political manipulation. You can't listen to music. You can't use social media. You can't search the Internet. You can't watch the news. You can't buy coca-cola. You can't eat a chicken sandwich. You can't buy toothpaste or razors. You can't buy a pillow.

"Can't" is more of a hyperbole here, but not enough hyperbole to make anyone feel really good about the direction society is headed.

• Like 1