Shield plus

swiley383

Anyone have a shield plus or fired one yet? I think i am going to pick one up. I held one Friday and liked it. Want something smaller than my daily carry G19. Was planning on picking up a 1911 then then the shield plus came out.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:27 AM, swiley383 said:

Anyone have a shield plus or fired one yet? I think i am going to pick one up. I held one Friday and liked it. Want something smaller than my daily carry G19. Was planning on picking up a 1911 then then the shield plus came out.

I put about 100 hand loads and 50 Speer 124 gr. gold dots through mine last week.  No issues.

9 hours ago, ac3boyz said:

I put about 100 hand loads and 50 Speer 124 gr. gold dots through mine last week.  No issues.

Ran about 100-125 assorted thru mine last week as well. Assorted brands. Mostly crap stuff and some WWB. Ate them all and asked for more. 

I seriously like this pistol...PC model, 4" non-ported, no safety. Keeper! 

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
41 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

I handled one. I noticed that the ejector was loose. It was loose enough to wiggle side to side. I had an older Shield that did the same thing. Does anyone know why this is ? 

They need some wiggle room to accommodate subtle differences between cartridges and the effect of heat.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, QuackerSmacker said:

They need some wiggle room to accommodate subtle differences between cartridges and the effect of heat.

Now that's a good point. I reload and know how brass will be out of spec even after resizing it.  Thanks for bringing that up. I have never thought about it. I did see a Springfield Armory XDE (the one with the hammer) where it's ejector was so loose that you'd need to align it with the slide or else the slide wouldn't go back on. There's a few videos on that.  

On 4/14/2021 at 4:11 PM, swiley383 said:

We’re did you find gold dots at need some fresh HPs

After a previous shortage, I made the practice of purchasing more than I shot on each trip to the range.  I expected another shortage but not this severe.  Much of my practice is now with a laser target system.

On 5/1/2021 at 7:41 AM, pop pop said:

SG Ammo had some 9MM practice WWB ammo, yesterday, for 100-79.00  dollars. Also had 556 green tip IMI for 20-17.00. Don't know if they still have it in stock. 

SG ammo is a good seller, they have gone to only listing what is in stock.