FLAME SUIT ON

2 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Yep! What Cheaper Than Dirt did to me in 2007 was straight out of a prison shower scene.  I haven’t been without a surplus of supplies since. 

LOL. I wound up with 5000 Minimags that I will probably never manage to shoot up. But, I waited and bought all of them right.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Links2k said:

5000 is on the low end for me. 😂

I have some more. That's just the Minimags in the plastic tub. That 22 shortage after Sandy Hook lasted forever. I'll never run out of 5.56 either, unless Old Joe lets me slap some fun parts in a few of my AR's.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

My money, my choice 🤑

Absolutely.  And I would add, in reference to the OP's post, my (primers, ammo, etc.), my choice.  What I choose to do, or not do with my stuff is my business.  I'll buy, sell or give away at my discretion, without asking for anybody else's opinion, permission or forgiveness.  I'll also accord everyone else the same privilege without ranting on the internet about their choices ...

• Like 1

I recently had a fellow member of the State Guard mention needing primers.  I let him have a 1000 for $35 -the price I had paid when I bought them.  I did the same for someone needing .22 earlier this year.  I could have easily made a few dollars, but it was some of the excess I had accumulated during times when prices were reasonable.  As I'm not shooting as frequently as I did in the past, my supply will last until I don't need it.  I didn't purchase with the idea of reselling.  I just didn't want to ever be caught short of what I need.

• Like 3

In the last couple of months I have;
a) paid normal pre pandemic prices ($26/1000) for new primers at a retail store,
b) paid normal'ish prices ($28 ~ $40 per lb) for powder from both individuals and retail stores,
c) paid normal to slightly high prices for projectiles.

I have not horded or resold any components but I have bought them when I had the opportunity and I bought what I thought I could conceivably use in the next year or two. 

Now I have traded some of these items for other things I did not have and I have traded some components (mainly brass) for primers and powder. Since I had surplus brass I assigned a fairly high value to the primers I was trading for ($100+/1000 give or take) but that was because I thought I was getting the better end of the deal.

I believe components are still available are reasonable prices if you are patient and keep your eyes peeled. I think availability will continue to improve but it is going to take a while. I also believe that prices will decline but never fully return to Pre Pandemic / Pre Biden prices. I estimate at least a 10% to 25% price hike across the board for ammo and components when/if it does all stabilize. 

I will refuse to pay "gouger" prices for ammo or components but will pay a reasonable mark up over what things were costing in 2018/2019. I am shooting less than before but I have not stopped shooting because of current "stupid" prices. 

Edited by OldIronFan
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

I also believe that prices will decline but never fully return to Pre Pandemic / Pre Biden prices.

We have believed that before, and they came back. It really just depends on Joe's ability to make any national gun control stick long term. I'm not so sure he can.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, OldIronFan said:

I estimate at least a 10% to 25% price hike across the board for ammo and components when/if it does all stabilize. 

I've seen a "letter" reportedly from Winchester floating around the interwebz...so take that with a grain of salt. But in that "letter" Winchester stated essentially that ammo will see a price increase of 8-10%, components 10%, and primers an increase of 25% starting in May (as best I can recall).

I have no reason to doubt this.

I'm just glad to see some availability out there for the folks new to our addiction, errr passion.

It must be daunting for the new shooters.

I'm in good shape myself and will barter or trade if needed, and certainly help out those I choose to help. But having been a shooter during the Clinton era ban and all that has followed helped me lean toward the preparation side of things...and I encouraged my friends to do likewise. Most did.

• Like 2
On 4/12/2021 at 5:42 PM, Jamie Jackson said:

I'm just glad to see some availability out there for the folks new to our addiction, errr passion. It must be daunting for the new shooters.

On the brighter side, I'm sure that sales at the alternative "dry fire practice gadgets" companies is healthily in the black. That's also probably a safer intro to gun-handling and shooting mechanics for the new shooters, providing that they enlist experienced tutelage. 

• Like 2
On 4/12/2021 at 6:00 PM, Erik88 said:

I met a guy last week that was excited because he bought 1000 rounds of 9mm for $750...  As long as people continue to pay those prices we're going to be stuck in this situation a while. 

You are correct, sir. I still have a case I bought for 2 bills last year. This is getting pathetic.

On 4/12/2021 at 5:42 PM, Jamie Jackson said:

I've seen a "letter" reportedly from Winchester floating around the interwebz...so take that with a grain of salt. But in that "letter" Winchester stated essentially that ammo will see a price increase of 8-10%, components 10%, and primers an increase of 25% starting in May (as best I can recall).

I have no reason to doubt this.

I'm just glad to see some availability out there for the folks new to our addiction, errr passion.

It must be daunting for the new shooters.

I'm in good shape myself and will barter or trade if needed, and certainly help out those I choose to help. But having been a shooter during the Clinton era ban and all that has followed helped me lean toward the preparation side of things...and I encouraged my friends to do likewise. Most did.

I'd double prices were I them. I see no reason not to do so at this time.

2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I'd double prices were I them. I see no reason not to do so at this time.

People are certainly paying more than I've ever seen before.

I don't doubt pricing will trend back some once herd settles down but it certainly looks like a +10-20% may be the new norm... sadly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jamie Jackson said:

People are certainly paying more than I've ever seen before.

I don't doubt pricing will trend back some once herd settles down but it certainly looks like a +10-20% may be the new norm... sadly.

We are a out to see some serious inflation. Just look at gasoline and lumber. Other products will soon follow.

• Like 1