Gun Magnet For Car

When in my car, it is very difficult to draw my edc.  Thought about solutions and magnets came to mind, in that I could carry the gun in a easy to reach place while driving, then put it in my holster upon arrival at my destination.  Having more money than sense, I Bought a pair of gun magnets on Amazon, thinking .  Once  I got them, I saw in the directions that the adhesive strip is apparently to only hold it in place long enough to drill and mount screws, which I don’t want to do to my car.  Of course now that I bought that, my Facebook is blowing up with ads for similar products.  One, called Tac-Magnet from 2A4Life, says their adhesive strip is strong  enough to not have to use screws.  They are also affiliated somehow with NRA.  Anyone have any experience with this or a similar product?  Any recommendations! 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
On 4/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, Defender said:

When in my car, it is very difficult to draw my edc.  Thought about solutions and magnets came to mind, in that I could carry the gun in a easy to reach place while driving, then put it in my holster upon arrival at my destination.  Having more money than sense, I Bought a pair of gun magnets on Amazon, thinking .  Once  I got them, I saw in the directions that the adhesive strip is apparently to only hold it in place long enough to drill and mount screws, which I don’t want to do to my car.  Of course now that I bought that, my Facebook is blowing up with ads for similar products.  One, called Tac-Magnet from 2A4Life, says their adhesive strip is strong  enough to not have to use screws.  They are also affiliated somehow with NRA.  Anyone have any experience with this or a similar product?  Any recommendations! 

Saw. Post. Wanted to know how tape worked also what magnet did you go with would you have done anything different thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 3:58 PM, E4 No More said:

My worry with using a magnet would be getting into an accident and creating one heck of a heavy projectile to bounce around.

That’s is a good point do you know if you leave a gun on a magnet for a long period of time will it magnnife the barrel enough to slow down the round ? 

4 hours ago, Sleep profit said:

That’s is a good point do you know if you leave a gun on a magnet for a long period of time will it magnnife the barrel enough to slow down the round ? 

Any magnetically induced reduction in velocity can be offset by greasing up your bullets to go faster.

Edited by Garufa
  • Haha 5
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, Sleep profit said:

What you need is an opposing magnet stuck to a 9-volt battery on your handgun's slide.  This produces a rail-gun, which is not to be confused with a gun with an accessory rail.  One will accelerate your 9mm Winchester White Box ammo past the speed of light, causing a black hole to form and sucking your enemy into it.  The other allows you to hang an O-Light off of your gun and get pissed each time the absurdly large latch accidentally releases your light as you draw from a holster.

Mad Men Someone GIF

These car magnets are just a bad idea.  Very bad.  For a lot of reasons.  It hurts my head to think that I'd have to enumerate them.  Just say no to them.

I can't believe that I am about to post a James Yeager video, but here we are.  I haven't even watched it yet but I know he's going to pop a vein so that I don't have to.  🙂

I assume that a language warning is probably prudent.  Don't watch this with your kids.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
10 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I miss James.

He's actually not a bad guy.  His internet persona has even tamed down a bit over the past few years, but that seems to have always been an amped up version of his personality "for effect".  People, myself included in the past, have dog piled onto second- and third-hand information about him which is unfortunate.  I've mentioned before that I was quite wrong about it and regret that I was one of those people.

It's worth watching the videos he's done with John Lovell of Warrior Poet Society to see a glimpse of who he is.

• Like 2
  • Love 1