(Not a) Mass shooting in Knoxville!

She lost me when she started up with the whole "systemic racism", there is no credible evidence that this is the case, at least in how they portray it.  Yes, there are a bunch of examples of racism, but to say  it's "systemic" means we have policies in place that purposefully discriminate because of race.  In fact, I'd argue that it is the opposite.

• Like 5
57 minutes ago, Omega said:

She lost me when she started up with the whole "systemic racism", there is no credible evidence that this is the case, at least in how they portray it.  Yes, there are a bunch of examples of racism, but to say  it's "systemic" means we have policies in place that purposefully discriminate because of race.  In fact, I'd argue that it is the opposite.

Some folks want some power, but don't have the brains or skills to do the job. So, they create an imaginary problem that only they can understand and fix. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mikegideon said:

Some folks want some power, but don't have the brains or skills to do the job. So, they create an imaginary problem that only they can understand and fix. 

Those people only get the power we, the people, give them.  The issue is that those that allow them in their heads keep perpetrating the lies, and or use them to push their own agenda.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Omega said:

Those people only get the power we, the people, give them.  The issue is that those that allow them in their heads keep perpetrating the lies, and or use them to push their own agenda.

I didn't give 'em sh$t. It was they the people. 🙂 

7 hours ago, mikegideon said:

.....an imaginary problem that only they can understand and fix. 

a classic tell that someones being played!

The lying in the media is a real problem. I don't think most folks 'get it' (present company excluded). The bulk of the population is simply too stupid. They are easily led, hence the 'sheep' moniker and memes.

10 hours ago, Omega said:

but the gov has worked hard at making them dependent on them and breaking up family units so there is nobody there to instill those values.  

Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner!!!

Here is your answer Links2k

• Like 2

Well according to the local "news" the AE community wants someone to be held accountable......this is the world we live in now i guess.  Kid brings a gun to a no gun zone (School), ends up shot and killed.  Not a shocker there.  Not sure who needs to be held accountable.......

• Sad 1
19 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

I believe someone was held to account?

That's unfortunately true! It was a kid who had very bad ideas that day, for sure.

Perhaps they'll determine how and where the kid obtained the weapon/ammo?

Maybe schools need metal detectors to back up the SROs? They seemed outnumbered and in need of support.

2 hours ago, Swamp ash said:

That's unfortunately true! It was a kid who had very bad ideas that day, for sure.

Perhaps they'll determine how and where the kid obtained the weapon/ammo?

Maybe schools need metal detectors to back up the SROs? They seemed outnumbered and in need of support.

Edited- I was wrong. Apparently they do not have metal detectors.

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 1

That's embarrassing. This part is still confusing  "According to the TBI, Thompson's handgun was fired during a struggle after officers responded to reports of a student armed with a gun and located him in a restroom."

So they got in a physical struggle? Why not just clarify all this. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

That's embarrassing. This part is still confusing  "According to the TBI, Thompson's handgun was fired during a struggle after officers responded to reports of a student armed with a gun and located him in a restroom."

So they got in a physical struggle? Why not just clarify all this. 

"Bathroom brawl" sounds much better!

The comments from the community about this are getting ridiculous. They are acting as if the kid is a victim and hoping to paint this as another case of police brutality. I rarely engage with these people but couldn't stop myself last night. One woman said the cop should have allowed the kid to surrender after he started shooting. I told her next time we'll send in the social worker to disarm the kid and asked if she would volunteer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is genuine tragedy... That said, it baffles me that anyone could believe that toting a gun to school and tussling with policemen could lead to anything other than a bad end; or that bystanders n interested parties could third base this tragic outcome by blaming the actions of those sworn to protect others.  It is simply beyond my ability to empathize with anyone who could envision such fantastic ending.  These people are simply living in an alternate universe...

A bunch of lives have been affected for the worse and the community as a whole has been damaged as the result of this senseless episode. 

No one, no matter their creed, color, or belief system should assume they could survive such a confrontation given the current atmosphere.  This part of Knoxville is " Tombstone ", and everyone involved knows it.  Welcome to hell... Sigh...

sad leroy...

Edited by leroy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

The comments from the community about this are getting ridiculous. They are acting as if the kid is a victim and hoping to paint this as another case of police brutality. I rarely engage with these people but couldn't stop myself last night. One woman said the cop should have allowed the kid to surrender after he started shooting. I told her next time we'll send in the social worker to disarm the kid and asked if she would volunteer. 

You know that woman was told to believe that by politicians, professional race baiters, and the media. Not really making excuses for her. Just saying that it's easy to be misinformed these days.

You know, the SRO in Florida stayed outside and got crucified for doing too little. This cop went in and handled the treat and now they are saying the police were too aggressive. I'm fine with criticizing the police when they deserve it, but I'm starting to think some people just won't be happy no matter what they do. 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

You know, the SRO in Florida stayed outside and got crucified for doing too little. This cop went in and handled the treat and now they are saying the police were too aggressive. I'm fine with criticizing the police when they deserve it, but I'm starting to think some people just won't be happy no matter what they do. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Welcome to police work 101.  

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I’m a heavy critic of policing, yet I fail to see what the other options were for the officer as it stands with the information we currently have. As the known information changes, my view might, but as of now I don’t have issue with the result. 

Doesn’t make it any less tragic of an outcome. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I believe they handled the situation admirably, except for maybe the part where one of them shot another one.

• Haha 1