(Not a) Mass shooting in Knoxville!

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I don't have a beef with any of them. They removed the threat. The SRO might disagree however.

I can appreciate that view. That said, I always have beef with any officer, hell, anyone, who injures someone through non-judicious use of their firearm.聽

You shoot someone who needs shooting, I鈥檓 on your side. You shoot someone who doesn鈥檛 need shooting, Imma let you know you done wrong.聽

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I can appreciate that view. That said, I always have beef with any officer, hell, anyone, who injures someone through non-judicious use of their firearm.聽

You shoot someone who needs shooting, I鈥檓 on your side. You shoot someone who doesn鈥檛 need shooting, Imma let you know you done wrong.聽

Go into a situation with someone shooting at you in a confined space where bullet can Ricochet and try to stop the threat. 聽It鈥檚 a risk 聽these cops take everyday. 聽

These decisions are made in a split second.聽

not directed at you Chuck, but I think too many lose sight of the reality that things happen so fast you just react. 聽Sometimes bad things happen. 聽 Doesn鈥檛 mean anyone did anything wrong.聽

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Hozzie said:

Go into a situation with someone shooting at you in a confined space where bullet can Ricochet and try to stop the threat. 聽It鈥檚 a risk 聽these cops take everyday. 聽

These decisions are made in a split second.聽

not directed at you Chuck, but I think too many lose sight of the reality that things happen so fast you just react. 聽Sometimes bad things happen. 聽 Doesn鈥檛 mean anyone did anything wrong.聽

I agree to a point, but that a LEO bullet hit another LEO, someone did something wrong.聽 Either the LEO shot himself or the other LEO shot his partner, but either way one or both did something wrong.聽 But all that means is that they need more training, which means more funding, not less.聽 As to the perp's outcome, well, unless it turns out he had his weapon on the ground with his hands up (very unlikely) then I say it was a justified shooting.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

It's now being reported that the family of the deceased child has retained lawyer Ben Crump. That name might sound familiar to you...

https://www.wate.com/news/local-news/family-of-killed-austin-east-student-retains-lawyer-who-represented-george-floyd-trayvon-martin/

I鈥檝e been rather irritated about that most of the day. 聽I really do not want to see Knoxville turned into a circus.

Just now, Garufa said:

I鈥檝e been rather irritated about that most of the day. 聽I really do not want to see Knoxville turned into a circus.

To be honest, I'm getting really damn annoyed with the entire thing. The BLM march over the weekend didn't help my mood.聽People were holding signs demanding justice for the kid that brought a gun to school. I don't understand it. Meanwhile we've had god knows how many other black people killed this year by someone other than police and the same community hardly reacts.聽

Have you ever looked at the unsolved homicides on KPD's website? You'll notice a trend.

https://knoxvilletn.gov/government/city_departments_offices/police_department/criminal_investigations/unsolved_murder_cases

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

It's now being reported that the family of the deceased child has retained lawyer Ben Crump. That name might sound familiar to you...

https://www.wate.com/news/local-news/family-of-killed-austin-east-student-retains-lawyer-who-represented-george-floyd-trayvon-martin/

Yep. Crump is a bigger race baiter than Sharpton. He shows up at every one of these聽things.

9 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Yep. Crump is a bigger race baiter than Sharpton. He shows up at every one of these聽things.

Probably one of the biggest ambulance chasers in the country as well.聽 Surprised he doesn't have commercials on at the same time as the pharma pushers and abused animal conglomerates.

Crump and the BLM crowd may well find out that Knox County aint Florida nor聽Minnesota... The UT area and the well heeled hipster condo class may be, but that's a pretty small population.聽 聽Everybody in Knox County aint a hipster or a bunch of " Children of Lower Estate " that can be led around.

watchin leroy...

The Knox County DA has been giving a very detailed press conference the past couple of hours, including video evidence, laying out the entire timeline and events leading up to this shooting.聽 There will be no charges filed against the officer that fired.

The shooting was an utterly chaotic situation.

Being this is a gun forum, the kid had a Glock 9mm of some kind, KPD still appears to be using SIg P220's

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Garufa said:

The Knox County DA has been giving a very detailed and complete press conference the past couple of hours, including video evidence.聽 There will be no charges filed against the office that fired.

Being this is a gun forum, the kid had a Glock 9mm of some kind, KPD still appears to be using SIg P220's

I've been watching it now for over an hour. He also had an extended magazine in his backpack. This DA is about as professional and thorough and we could hope for. I've found her to be extremely credible during this press conference. The kid had a history of violence both with his GF and with law enforcement. He brought a gun to school, he pulled and shot and police, and they returned fire. One shouldn't expect any other outcome. The community should be ashamed of how they jumped to conclusions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I've been watching it now for over an hour. He also had an extended magazine in his backpack. This DA is about as professional and thorough and we could hope for. I've found her to be extremely credible during this press conference. The kid had a history of violence both with his GF and with law enforcement. He brought a gun to school, he pulled and shot and police, and they returned fire. One shouldn't expect any other outcome. The community should be ashamed of how they jumped to conclusions.

I completely agree. 聽We have an excellent DA that doesn鈥檛 play around.

That kid and everyone around him is the only reason he died on a ####house floor.聽

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I understand that everyone is not from Knoxville and Knox County, so i'll聽try to provide a bit of background.聽 The movers n shakers in Knoxville and the surrounding area have a long history of not giving a damn about anyone but themselves...聽

There have been 3 notable race episodes in Knoxville, two of which ended badly for the black citizenry, the third wuz the Christian-Newsome murders that armed every whitey in Knoxville and the surrounding areas.聽 Back to the first two episodes.聽 The first was in 1919 or 1920.聽 The national guard was deployed with brutal effect.聽

The second was the sixties era " Freedom Rider " incidents聽which i witnessed as a young man.聽 The KPD came down on peaceful demonstrators like a ton of bricks.聽 They did, in fact, demonstrate police brutality.聽 The perpetrators of the freedom thing were run thru the courts and kicked around pretty well... A serious message was sent.

As to the black community in general; the modus operandi " up to now has been to isolate it, leave it alone, and to contain it, with a good dose of " stay in your neighborhood and we'll leave ya alone -- let it spill out, and we'll do bad things to ya ".聽

That was then, this is now... I think the over arching theme is the same... The rhetoric is a bit softer now.聽 That said; I think the minute the "we been wronged- we gonna burn " elements of the black community threaten the moneyed class or the merchant class in knoxburg, there will be hell to pay.

opinin leroy, the amateur historian...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1